PDA

View Full Version : from calm seas to storm , how is it done in sh3?

oscar0072004
02-15-2005, 09:57 AM
i was wondering if you sail on calm seas in sh-3 and you get a storm dynamicly generated how is it done? do we go from calm to a storm just like that? or do we go from calm seastate do higher state to a storm? or will it be build up gruadually? or something?

oscar0072004
02-15-2005, 09:57 AM
i was wondering if you sail on calm seas in sh-3 and you get a storm dynamicly generated how is it done? do we go from calm to a storm just like that? or do we go from calm seastate do higher state to a storm? or will it be build up gruadually? or something?

remozehnder
02-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Just a guess:

There will be a loading screen that tells you:
"A storm is coming... please wait"

Another guess:

The weather will be generated by murphys law and affect gameplay:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>The worse the weather, the more you are required to be out in it.<LI>If you whine about the weather, someone else will always whine louder.<LI>Radar tends to fail at night and in bad weather, and especially during both.<LI>Whenever you got a raincoat with you, it will not rain.<LI>All-weather close air support doesn't work in bad weather.[/list]

julien673
02-15-2005, 11:27 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Yarrick_
02-15-2005, 12:41 PM
It is supposed that there would be a script which makes the weather turn slowly from good weather to bad weather, but most probably in less than an hour?
In most map-editor in the games, as an example, you can't go from water to grassland or moutain without going trough sand, even if it's only a few meters of beach.

oscar0072004
02-15-2005, 01:47 PM
i really wonder how this is done?

Tomcat41
02-15-2005, 01:52 PM
First, you will notice Cirrus... that turns then follow some fields of Cirrocumulus.... it turns into Cirrostratus, which goes into Altostratus, which then turns into Nimbostratus and it starts raining.

honestly: i really dont know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Poacher886a
02-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Very smoothly hopefully...And i dearly hope you can see the storm coming,ie;clouds etc..

Mon Pavion
02-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Well I have to say that Microsoft Flight Sim. 2004 does a really nice job with developing storms. They just pop up, you dont even notice it sometimes. One minute you can be crusing along, and the next minute your flying into a thunder storm.