PDA

View Full Version : VSS Vintorez and another weapons

MakeItRainCZ
06-27-2018, 12:37 PM
I want discuss mainly about VSS Vintorez (and other weapons of special forces around the world)

I have one question on you guys. Shall we get VSS in D2? We had D1 without VSS and i think its pity because its good weapon of russian special forces with a lot of ways of use. Somebody can say, it cant "fit" into concept of the Division series because??? I dont really know why not. Ubi had opportunity at Wildlans or D1 there are lot of weapons (even crossbow). But VSS or similar weapons (AS val etc..) are ignored. What you want more than silenced sniper rifle with option on full auto for special unit at "post apo" world.

agentCoats
06-27-2018, 01:13 PM
Have the Russians invaded Washington?

Cant think there would be that many around DC but as Im unsure what Russian security presence is in the US capitol for its diplomatic missions I couldnt say if it could make a reasonable appearance.

Maybe is there is some Russian faction it would be a feasible addition. Im not to familiar with this weapon so I couldnt say if it would fit in with the other weapons they plan on keeping/adding to the game or if it would be another pointless addition just for variety, and never be used.

III_Hammer_III
06-27-2018, 02:54 PM
Have the Russians invaded Washington?

Cant think there would be that many around DC but as Im unsure what Russian security presence is in the US capitol for its diplomatic missions I couldnt say if it could make a reasonable appearance.

Maybe is there is some Russian faction it would be a feasible addition. Im not to familiar with this weapon so I couldnt say if it would fit in with the other weapons they plan on keeping/adding to the game or if it would be another pointless addition just for variety, and never be used.

Not the actual VSS, but a manufacturer in Connecticut is making something very similar.

http://www.****gamfg.com/new-gallery-5/

Hmm.. apparently s.l.a.g. is a bad word somewhere?

MakeItRainCZ
06-27-2018, 02:59 PM
Russian faction? There are lot of russian weapons at D1 (AK, RPK, Pakhan?) and there are no russians in game. Agent can just buy it from dark zone seller, or from some kind of black market. And there is no need to make some "back story" for that how is possible to have VSS at plagued DC.

But yes any"Story" about russian mercenary who came help..

There are lot of kinds of VSS so i think some of them could be useable when they will be at game.

agentCoats
06-27-2018, 03:50 PM
Russian faction? There are lot of russian weapons at D1 (AK, RPK, Pakhan?) and there are no russians in game. Agent can just buy it from dark zone seller, or from some kind of black market. And there is no need to make some "back story" for that how is possible to have VSS at plagued DC.

There are lot of kinds of VSS so i think some of them could be useable when they will be at game.

Thats fair enough. Of those weapons Ive never really used any except the warlord and until recently the AKs. Then the dev team should consider adding it. If its popular enough.

But my other questions stand. There are already so many weapons in game that just arent used, except at when levelling to 30 maybe.

Just to be clear I have no objections to specific wpns being added. Im just hoping there is a point to all of those that make in game. Im not a meta player so much. I enjoy trying out all the other weapons to see what best suits my playstyle. However I just never felt that there was any reason to use most of those weapons.

Ubi-Johan
06-27-2018, 05:44 PM

There are Russians in The Division, don't forget the Russian Consulate!

As for weapon suggestions, it might be a bit early for that at this point. Your suggestion has been noted however.

The VSS and its brother the AS VAL are fairly niche (but interesting!) guns, but never say never! :)

pfcbrooklyn
06-27-2018, 07:19 PM
There is a lack of Russian military units (Spetznas) within the game in general.

However, I'd love to see the VSS and AS Val as exotic weapons. Same with the MP5SD AND the Honey Badger AR in 300 Blackout. Internally Suppressed Weapons are awesome and I think they have a spot in the game so long as threat has been reworked.

As exotic weapons, they are rare in game like they are rare in the United States. It fits in perfectly.

Johan, did you mean too early for suggestions or too late for suggestions?

agentCoats
06-27-2018, 08:16 PM

.....)

Except their dead! But the embassy arsenal could have been looted at some point before the LMB took it over. I just dont think we would see many Russian security or special forces outside. Maybe one or two survivors or deserters. Unless ofc they banded together to stay alive. As for the civvies..... I dont think they count.... they usually gave their weapons up for some food or water! ;)

BOT_Coyote
06-27-2018, 10:40 PM
The VSS and its brother the AS VAL are fairly niche (but interesting!) guns, but never say never! :)

AS-VAL confirmed in The Division 2!

AN94 pls?

III_Hammer_III
06-28-2018, 12:15 AM

... or the Russian Embassy in The District.