PDA

View Full Version : Ki-44 and others......

LEBillfish
09-07-2005, 08:33 AM
Hi Developers;

Just curious and not asking "if" they will be included ever, simply wondering if they have even been worked on seriously for PF...

SO has any work been done on the Ki-44, Ki-45, and Ki-48?

......The others like Ki-21, & Ki-27, Ki-43-II, Ki-51 and others I think I understand their situation.

LEBillfish
09-07-2005, 08:33 AM
Hi Developers;

Just curious and not asking "if" they will be included ever, simply wondering if they have even been worked on seriously for PF...

SO has any work been done on the Ki-44, Ki-45, and Ki-48?

......The others like Ki-21, & Ki-27, Ki-43-II, Ki-51 and others I think I understand their situation.

SaQSoN
09-07-2005, 08:44 AM
Ki-44 was worked on, but stopped due to unknown to me reason. Last time I heard from it's author was December, when I sent him a large bug-report on his model on Luthier's request.
Ki-21-I,II and Ki-27a,b will be in the game, the later one as flyable.
Ki-43-II cockpit was considered, may be even started, but will it be finished or included - is not known.
Others never were in the plans, may be were considered at some point, but definitely weren't started - that's for sure.

nakamura_kenji
09-07-2005, 09:21 AM
really miss these plane guess only cross finger and hope

NAFP_supah
09-07-2005, 11:07 AM
A Ki-43-II cockpit .... I'll drink to that! Man I've been wanting more Ki-43 since PF. My all time favorite plane in the entire series http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Grey_Mouser67
09-07-2005, 04:49 PM
The Ki44, 45, and 48 are mainstays of the IJA...I dearly hope they are included...especially the first two...the Ki44 with relatively good speed, good climb makes a good change up from the turn and burn and of course there are no twin attack aircraft in the inventory other than the betty which is a bomber really.

I just hope the PF side of the game is not dead, but I really get the impression that it is..there is so little talk of flyable torpedo planes, the solomons, the above mentioned planes, let alone early Lightnings and a -4 corsair.

WereSnowleopard
09-08-2005, 05:08 PM
What I see many time in forums that they said there is no exist blueprint or similar material to help model the cockpit for Ki-44 so it may will never be flyable. I wish that I am wrong as I wish it will be flyable

Stigler_9_JG52
09-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Well, you can fly it in Target:Rabaul (http://www.targetware.net), along with the Ki-45. The Toryu especially has a real nice pit there...

and, you get a REAL Solomons map...and a real, full scale New Guinea map as well. And New Britain, too...

DIRTY-MAC
09-09-2005, 03:24 AM
Bump for the Ki-44
would really want to know why it was stopped

alert_1
09-09-2005, 04:45 AM
Pacific Fighters without Ki43 II is like eastfront without I16...

LEXX_Luthor
09-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Good Read about Ki-43 vs Ki-44 ~~> http://www.yarchive.net/mil/ki-43.html

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Ki-44 could have cut a wide swath through New Guinea at just the right time--pre-P-38. Apparently, the JAAF considered holdings in the DEI, Manchuria and CBI more important than Australian New Guinea, so reserved the Ki-44s to protect them, leaving the Ki-43 to handle the "North of Australia Front" that the navy had gotten it entangled in, then choosing to supplement the Ki-43 with the Ki-61, which fell prey to the P-38.

The Ki-44 was replaced by the Ki-84, theoretically a good move, but it might have made more sense to keep the Ki-44 in production anyway, perhaps shutting down Ki-43 production at Tachikawa replacing it with Ki-44 production. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">All in all, whatever the attributes of the Ki-43, the JAAF made a major mistake in not taking it out of production two years before it did, shifting <span class="ev_code_yellow">all Nakajima and Tachikawa fighter production</span> to the Ki-44 until the Ki-84 became available. My guess is that until the grim results of the battlefield became too obvious to ignore, JAAF high-rankers weren't sold on the superiority of the energy fighter over the maneuver fighter, and by the time they were, it was too late. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2005, 06:10 AM
BUMP

jeanba2
09-16-2005, 06:47 AM
Bump for Ki44 too !!!

SaQSoN
09-16-2005, 08:48 AM
You can't read? There will be no Ki-44 in the near future. Much probably, never in this game.

jagdmailer
09-16-2005, 10:37 AM
All I have to say personally is that I am not a big fan of the pacific theater by any stretch of the imagination & the way PF was done ie. with missing so much, it turned it into a pretty boring game all in all.

Having said that, 3 out of my 4 personal favorite Japanese aircrafts are oddly enough not included in this sim....go figure...

ie.

Ki-44 Tojo (kind of a Japanese Fw-190)
Ki-45 Nick
D4Y Judy
K-61 Tony (I understand there are some existing issues with the ki-61 model & it's variants in the game now as per Lebillfish posts.....)

However, I do hope we see the Ki-27, Ki-21 (YES!), B6N, J2M3 and as many more that are missing as possible. Phillipines maps will be a big boost to Pacific Fighters as well. Too bad about the lack of ships that is not going to be addressed in the end as this is one of the biggest downfall of PF as game. Decent flight sim but the actual immersion factor is pretty da*n low & the boring factor quite high.

Thanks Ian for the Ost Front add-on coming up!

Jagd

Dtools4fools
09-17-2005, 10:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There will be no Ki-44 in the near future. Much probably, never in this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

The only hope is that once BOB is finished Oleg would allow Il-2 to be modified by a group of modders...