PDA

View Full Version : Ubi, Valk is currently useless at high level

Siegfried-Z
06-26-2018, 10:34 PM
Many threads on this already.

But, i was argumenting on many threads about what she needs etc etc but i didn't really play her so much since i got her rep 12 so tonight i've decided to play full evening with her.

Well, i gave up after 5 dominion...

I will not speak about why she is so weak but let's me say to you she is completly and deeply USELESS at 1000% at high level now, especially in Dominion.

It takes 5min to kill someone if you didn't get parry till death before because at my level 2snd lights is always parried.
You have absolutly no pressure game, nothing to force a reaction
BUT with your shield hit you give revenge to every single opponents on the battlefiled..

Valk is a joke right now..

A new movesets has leaked for her but this is just about buffing things and nerfing others... while you have to understand she doesn't only need to be faster and to makes a bit more dmg etc She also need to get something knew to OPEN people .. Keep up

Knight_Raime
06-26-2018, 10:55 PM
If I understand the rework she gets more access to her sweep. Which helps her open people up more.

Siegfried-Z
06-26-2018, 11:05 PM
But then she can't chain anymore after the heavy on a sweep.. plus Headbutt doesn't exist anymore and Shield tackle don't knock down anymore..

In another hand she get buff on overall dmg and speed, better recovery, a new chain and shield crush guarantee a light..

Which makes me think we gonna have to try if the balance feels more like a buff or not after .. and that's sad for a Char which is at the bottom for a long now. I don't understand why she get nerf on some things :/
What is the idea to nerfing on some points the Trashiest char of the roaster while you're "reworking" her ? Don't get it. But we gonna see how it feels in real

Knight_Raime
06-26-2018, 11:14 PM
But then she can't chain anymore after the heavy on a sweep.. plus Headbutt doesn't exist anymore and Shield tackle don't knock down anymore..

In another hand she get buff on overall dmg and speed, better recovery, a new chain and shield crush guarantee a light..

Which makes me think we gonna have to try if the balance feels more like a buff or not after .. and that's sad for a Char which is at the bottom for a long now. I don't understand why she get nerf on some things :/
What is the idea to nerfing on some points the Trashiest char of the roaster while you're "reworking" her ? Don't get it. But we gonna see how it feels in real

Looking back over the rework here are the positives i've seen:
~Actual usable mix ups.
~better damage and recovery so she actually hurts and isn't hard punished for trying to mix up.
~finally confirmable damage off of her bash.
~good punishes overall on deflect and sweep.
~Light, heavy, heavy combo.

And here is what she's losing:
~infinite looping potential (though still exists if you opt for dash top light after sweep instead of heavy after sweep)
~Shield tackle is punishable now and doesn't knock down.
~Loss of charged headbutt.
~guaranteed sweep after throw.

You can still infinite loop. Just in a different way now. Shield tackle was broken and that combined with her dash attacks being decent punish tools were her current only saving graces. Doesn't mean shield tackle was healthy as is. Charged headbutt afaik was a very situational tool that often didn't guarantee free damage anyway. And while that hurts her opening mix up of not getting a free sweep anymore sweep isn't going to be reactable now if it's delayed. And it can either give you 35 damage but you'd have to work your way in again or you can start your mix ups with dash top light but less guaranteed damage.

She's losing some of her quirk. But overall she's being massively buffed. I think people just need to see it in action first before they can understand her new potential.

Siegfried-Z
06-27-2018, 10:29 AM
Looking back over the rework here are the positives i've seen:
~Actual usable mix ups.
~better damage and recovery so she actually hurts and isn't hard punished for trying to mix up.
~finally confirmable damage off of her bash.
~good punishes overall on deflect and sweep.
~Light, heavy, heavy combo.

And here is what she's losing:
~infinite looping potential (though still exists if you opt for dash top light after sweep instead of heavy after sweep)
~Shield tackle is punishable now and doesn't knock down.
~Loss of charged headbutt.
~guaranteed sweep after throw.

You can still infinite loop. Just in a different way now. Shield tackle was broken and that combined with her dash attacks being decent punish tools were her current only saving graces. Doesn't mean shield tackle was healthy as is. Charged headbutt afaik was a very situational tool that often didn't guarantee free damage anyway. And while that hurts her opening mix up of not getting a free sweep anymore sweep isn't going to be reactable now if it's delayed. And it can either give you 35 damage but you'd have to work your way in again or you can start your mix ups with dash top light but less guaranteed damage.

She's losing some of her quirk. But overall she's being massively buffed. I think people just need to see it in action first before they can understand her new potential.

Or course, i am just surprised she gonna lost some things like i said because so many people are waiting for Her to be good for si long now.

I was thinking she gonna be buff only.
Gonna see, i am just afraid ..

Card1acArrest
06-27-2018, 02:33 PM
in 4v4 she is not that weak. say rep 10-20 upwards.

she is currently not built to do heavy damage but can make a big difference with charged knockdown and sweep. she is more about crowd control enabling others to land heavy damage.

top notch players never use her in 4v4 however. :)

DrinkinMyStella
06-27-2018, 03:01 PM
she has nothing other than spamming lights or spamming shield bash.

Siegfried-Z
06-27-2018, 04:21 PM
she has nothing other than spamming lights or spamming shield bash.

Problem is that even Light spam doesn't work with her as 2nd one is parried very often :D

FredEx919
06-27-2018, 06:28 PM
Hey everyone, I know you've heard this before, but don't lose faith regarding Valk. We'll have more to share on the character soon enough. We definitely see all the feedback and love for Valkyrie.

RenegadeTX2000
07-01-2018, 02:51 AM
Valkyrie will be fine. Her rework looking nice tbh. now i won't get mad when i see one on my team lol

HazelrahFirefly
07-01-2018, 03:41 AM
Of course... we haven't even seen the actual rework. The rumor might be entirely wrong.

Protos_88
07-01-2018, 01:29 PM
Hey everyone, I know you've heard this before, but don't lose faith regarding Valk. We'll have more to share on the character soon enough. We definitely see all the feedback and love for Valkyrie.

dont lose faith??? some of us waiting more then 6 month for rework, for repare f bugs!!!!!!!! ps4