PDA

View Full Version : Please Bring Back the Overhead Racing Line.

QuickNET-Tech
06-26-2018, 09:12 PM
I know the overhead racing line was something a lot of people disliked, and a lot of other people very much liked. I (and quite a few others I have talked to) very much miss the overhead line. I don't care if it has to be earned in some way, or if its just toggleable in the settings, but I would appreciate the choice.

For those that may not be sure what I am talking about:
https://www.surtep.cz/media/data/2015/10/15/162644_NyYFW.jpg

MrBungle06
06-27-2018, 04:26 AM
Yes this please!!! It is a pain tearing along a road trying to watch traffic and also keep glancing at the map to make sure I'm headed in the right direction.

SethUnleashed
06-27-2018, 06:33 AM
yes, i agree and second this!!!

AND they should also fix the minimap, cause the race-line on the minimap AND the minimap resolution are both awefull!

Vikki-Hall
06-27-2018, 10:16 AM
I would also really like this added back too!

Caelum_NL
06-27-2018, 10:21 AM
I agree. Though I don't mind it too much, a fried of mine really has a hard time without it.

MewmewGirl
06-27-2018, 04:14 PM
I don't think that line would work well with this game. The Crew had fairly set tracks, the majority of the races here are more open where you find your own way and track. Even numerous classic "tracks" have multiple ways to go here. So to have the line on the 20% of the races that could take advantage of it and not have it anywhere else, I don't see that really working out well.

That line just doesn't work in most races here because of the openness of this game.

Yofriends
06-27-2018, 04:58 PM
Yep, I would like this feature to be back too! :)

VaeliusNoctu
06-27-2018, 05:34 PM
Yes thats true on the most tracks this would not work. Ist different from TC1. But we Need a Clearer Navigation System and i dont mean BIGGER and more GLOWING Arrows or such a Crap.

jonkoroken420
06-27-2018, 07:35 PM
I really need this, for those who don't want this - a toggle option should be implemented.
As I have partial color blindness I am unable to see the minimap waypoint lines

Used_Gamertag
06-28-2018, 03:57 AM
I want it back. Or have a colored line on the road (or dirt or water) ahead to keep it from being too intrusive.

MOB_GlennSpeed
06-28-2018, 08:23 AM
Note to Devs:

I'm curious if I just paid $99.00 (USD) for the GOLD version of an "Don't Nav and Drive" PSA? Because if that's the case, I'd like my money back.

In all seriousness, how do you expect us to read even the expanded navigation map (mini-mao) at over 200 mph? Glance at the map - BAM! Slam into the back of a van and go from 1st to last in an instant. Don't look at the mini-map - Wee! WRONG WAY!!! From 1st to last in an instant as well.

We didn't love the "Blue Line" either above or on the road at the time, but now we see that it's a necessity and the "Above the Road - Blue Line" is the better option of the two as it doesn't obscure your sight-lines as much.

As a side note - Can we please get either headlights that actually illuminate the world ahead or a "Less Dark" night. If you adjust your gamma/brightness for night, day is blown out.

Great fun otherwise!!!!!:cool:

QuickNET-Tech
06-28-2018, 01:23 PM
In all seriousness, how do you expect us to read even the expanded navigation map (mini-mao) at over 200 mph? Glance at the map - BAM! Slam into the back of a van and go from 1st to last in an instant. Don't look at the mini-map - Wee! WRONG WAY!!! From 1st to last in an instant as well.

We didn't love the "Blue Line" either above or on the road at the time, but now we see that it's a necessity and the "Above the Road - Blue Line" is the better option of the two as it doesn't obscure your sight-lines as much.
I personally liked the overhead line at the time, but other than that, 100% this.

zalmoxis1337
06-28-2018, 03:10 PM
Why the hell did you guys cheap out and did not put this in???

noxxys
06-28-2018, 03:27 PM
+1, I really need this, especially for these long hyper car races where each collision or missed turn can make you lose the race.
I understand that some people don't like to have a blue line over their head. Then just make a toggle in the settings and everybody is happy.

jonkoroken420
06-28-2018, 06:53 PM
Well just wasted 30 minutes on a hypercar race because I couldn't see which way my waypoint was going.
I'm not not even enjoying the game without the line in the state it is in now..
Shouldn't that be incentive enough for ubisoft to Bring this feature Back

QuickNET-Tech
06-28-2018, 07:31 PM
Well they've certainly heard us, let's hope they choose to give us what we asked for.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ConfidentCreativeSwallowVoteNay

mosheste
06-28-2018, 07:43 PM
lets hope so....

Kailen4
06-28-2018, 09:47 PM
Of all of this game's oversights, and there are plenty, this is probably the biggest. I want the overhead line back, desperately.

Austint30
07-01-2018, 05:58 AM
I would like to see the ribbon come back, but I would prefer it to be on the ground.

BigShot1
07-01-2018, 06:28 AM
+ 1 want it back in as an optional toggle on/off

Hoshi212
07-01-2018, 07:27 AM
Put it back, but make it optional.

JonnhyNvidia
07-01-2018, 05:21 PM
Agree

SpeedFreak1972
07-01-2018, 05:24 PM
Bring it back, but first fix the gps that thinks my car is an airplane

ORANGEDRONE76
07-02-2018, 03:45 PM
The overhead racing line makes the game look poop. Prefer no imaginary lines on the sky or on the road. If anything press up on the dpad to enlarge the current map. Helps alot.

QuickNET-Tech
07-02-2018, 05:32 PM
The overhead racing line makes the game look poop. Prefer no imaginary lines on the sky or on the road. If anything press up on the dpad to enlarge the current map. Helps alot.
NO, the minimap is not enough. We have all said we want the OPTION to turn it on. If you don't want it, then don't enable it. Just because YOU don't want it doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't have the option to have it. We aren't advocating Ubi force enable it for everyone. You don't want it, you don't use it, but don't advocate against it being added simply cause you don't want it.

Troikster
07-02-2018, 09:18 PM
Oh please, yes yes yes, I was somewhat ok at first with street races, where the way to go is either marked or obvious, and you're also maybe going 100-125 (200Km/h), but when I started doing Hypercars, I really REALLY missed the racing line. With long tracks and races much longer than 2-3 minutes, where you can't memorize the track it's a real pain. As another user said before, you have to rely on the mini-map, big or small, doesn't matter, you still need to look there, at it's not just a split second glance, not for me at least, maybe it's my partial color blindness, but a light blue line on a mixed background with other light grey lines mixed in, isn't really obvious, I need at least half a second to find myself and figure out the road ahead. Maybe it has also to do with drawing distance, that even on ultra is not that great, so that time is enough for a car to appear and be close enough to be unavoidable to hit.

Second to last Hyper-Car race was esp. terrible with this where several times the race was leaving the main road and making a 90į turn onto a smaller road and then you're flying flat out towards a highway intersection with multiple exists in short succession, good luck figuring that one out in time on for 5th try or so.

TL;DR Give us the race line back pretty please and yes make it toggleable for those purists and off for off-road races where finding the way is the whole point.

Ozphatboy
07-08-2018, 08:13 PM
I would certainly welcome the return of the Racing line. Long races are really annoying without this type of guidance.

x_Ak1504_x
07-09-2018, 05:54 PM
I have no problem with this thing as long as it is optional and i donīt have to use it :)

PackagedPanic
07-10-2018, 02:59 PM
The minimap isnít enough, an option to toggle the blue line would be most welcome. Especially since the game immediately changes my time of day to dusk at the beginning of nearly every race. My husband is in my crew in the same race right next to me racing in daytime, while Iím stuck trying to drive in the dark with insufficient headlamps. And changing the gamma makes it painfully bright during the day.

Easthood44
07-10-2018, 03:13 PM
this!. im not the only who noticed??

And yes bring a line back for those who do really need it