PDA

View Full Version : The matchmaking penalty needs to come back

DoctorMcBatman
06-17-2018, 07:07 PM
Over half the games I join are in-progress games where the team I join is down 400, 500, 600, etc. points. It's insane; literally, the majority of games. This is just as bad as when FH was plagued by connectivity issues. It's such a waste of time to wait for the matchmaking, then the game loading, then you get in to play maybe 5 minutes and get 100 or 200 points. It's a waste of time and it's not fun.

The penalty needs to come back.

Halvtand
06-17-2018, 07:24 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with the premise. I've been in many matches that, as soon as things start to look bad, have lost many of the losing team's players. It just makes it impossible for the remaining players to get a comeback, which is one of the best things to get in this game.
I don't know if I agree with the statement that we should have the quit penalty back. I would rather see a simpler system where quitting mid-game resulted in a recorded loss. This is what the quitters want to avoid after all. It also gets around the problem of accidental quitting. I don't really know how this could be done, but if you happen to do it, it would be very nice to get right back into the queue and take a loss (which doesn't matter in the long run) instead of a 10 min penalty. Perhaps such a penalty could be implemented for repeat offenders, like if you quit more than three games in 24h or something.

Ubi-Boat
06-17-2018, 09:57 PM
The team is investigating ways to make the matchmaking and overall experience for the player better. However, they do not have any plans to bring back the matchmaking penalty for non-ranked games. They want it to be a casual experience where if something important did come up, the player would have the freedom to leave without resulting in any serious consequences.

Homagifier
06-17-2018, 10:04 PM
Perhaps a gradual increase in steel earned per game up to a capped number, and the increase only applies for games completed consecutively without quitting early?

Alustar.exe
06-17-2018, 11:51 PM
The team is investigating ways to make the matchmaking and overall experience for the player better. However, they do not have any plans to bring back the matchmaking penalty for non-ranked games. They want it to be a casual experience where if something important did come up, the player would have the freedom to leave without resulting in any serious consequences.

This is utter crap. I understand life happens and it comes before video games, but if something DID come up, your last thought would be (or shouldn't be) "oh man, I hope my game scores are ok and I won't have to wait out a penalty when I return!"
Not to mention the chances of these "sudden important obligations" coming up are very slim in the grand scheme of things. You make it sound like 6/10 games had someone leave because some catastrophic event happen and they shouldn't be "punished" for this. And I feel I can say with confidence that just isn't the case. Furthermore, it's a video game, it is by definition a casual past time. That doesn't mean you shouldn't enable a practice to foster a better experience for all involved and have a means of reducing the likelihood players will get upset and flip the board.

DrinkinMyStella
06-18-2018, 09:12 AM
they just need to fill the empty bot space quickly, I don't care if people leave as long as the space can be filled quick. obviously for 1v1 and 2v2 leavers are annoying but then just beat the bot quickly and get your XP and move on.

NHLGoldenKnight
06-18-2018, 09:24 AM
This is utter crap. I understand life happens and it comes before video games, but if something DID come up, your last thought would be (or shouldn't be) "oh man, I hope my game scores are ok and I won't have to wait out a penalty when I return!"
Not to mention the chances of these "sudden important obligations" coming up are very slim in the grand scheme of things. You make it sound like 6/10 games had someone leave because some catastrophic event happen and they shouldn't be "punished" for this. And I feel I can say with confidence that just isn't the case. Furthermore, it's a video game, it is by definition a casual past time. That doesn't mean you shouldn't enable a practice to foster a better experience for all involved and have a means of reducing the likelihood players will get upset and flip the board.

I want to be able to get myself a drink, visit a restroom or answer a phone without being kicked for 10 minutes. Limit they had was far too strict.

However, I am sure you can still be kicked because my wife did play game today and she got kicked after checking on a baby. How long she was inactive, I am not sure.

I wouldn't even mind being just kicked but 10 minute ban is a big no.

It is interesting how everyone is complaining about this although it is a casual mode, but when some of us suggest limiting team to 1 hero per class, everyone starts screaming how casual game doesn't need that. Lol

ChampionRuby50g
06-18-2018, 09:35 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with the premise. I've been in many matches that, as soon as things start to look bad, have lost many of the losing team's players. It just makes it impossible for the remaining players to get a comeback, which is one of the best things to get in this game.
I don't know if I agree with the statement that we should have the quit penalty back. I would rather see a simpler system where quitting mid-game resulted in a recorded loss. This is what the quitters want to avoid after all. It also gets around the problem of accidental quitting. I don't really know how this could be done, but if you happen to do it, it would be very nice to get right back into the queue and take a loss (which doesn't matter in the long run) instead of a 10 min penalty. Perhaps such a penalty could be implemented for repeat offenders, like if you quit more than three games in 24h or something.

Iím pretty sure that leaving mid-game does result in a loss on your tab. Most leavers are most likely rage quits.

Halvtand
06-18-2018, 10:33 AM
I want to be able to get myself a drink, visit a restroom or answer a phone without being kicked for 10 minutes. Limit they had was far too strict.
What you’re leaving out here is that you want to be able to do this in the middle of an active match. With matches generally being about 10-15 minutes long (Dominion) I feel quite sure that you will neither die of thirst nor wet yourself until the match is over. This is just poor planning or making excuses to afk. Neither of these are acceptable under normal circumstances. The phone call is a separate ussie and should not be lumped in with the other two. We all get phone calls at random times (9 / 10 just when we’ve sat down far away from the phone) but here it’s a question about if you really need to take every call right then and there. If it is important a 10 min penalty probably won’t feel that bad as you quit out of the match to take the call. If it’s not important then you can either let it ring and call back after the match or answer and say you’ll call back in ten minutes.

However, I am sure you can still be kicked because my wife did play game today and she got kicked after checking on a baby. How long she was inactive, I am not sure.
Yes, there is still an afk-timer that will kick you if you don’t input a command for a certain time. Don’t know how long it is, but not too long ago I managed to get myself kicked from a game because I was playing heavy, positioned myself in a zone and surveying the battlefield. Apparently I did not input any commands and got a nice message that I had need kicked for inactivity.
If anything I would like a warning first. “In 10 seconds you will be kicked for inactivity” or something just for the stupid people like me.
Also, checking a baby and get kicked for inactivity. If you have something pressing IRL that may need your attention at any time, perhaps don’t play a competitive online multiplayer game where your sudden departure will screw over everyone else? I regularly play with people who have similar needs and when they are “on call” they are adamant that games that cannot be paused are off the table. This is taking responsibility.
This is not me hammering down on everyone who is in a similar situation. Accidents happen. Sometimes things that shouldn’t happen will. Heck, I’m a dog owner and the number of times I’ve had to drop whatever I was doing like it’s hot just because he’s started to throw up or given the emergency signal is not low. But when it happens the last thing I would give two poopsticks in a row for is a measly ten minute ban in a game.

It is interesting how everyone is complaining about this although it is a casual mode, but when some of us suggest limiting team to 1 hero per class, everyone starts screaming how casual game doesn't need that. Lol
Most people play this game casually, but that doesn’t mean that it’s ok to leave active games and your team mates just because you feel a bit thirsty just now. People are still trying to win, trying to cooperate, trying to get the objective and suddenly they’re missing 25% of their team. It is extremely frustrating knowing that you maybe could’ve won if you’d only had a full team. And here you are excusing it by saying that you might need to wee? If you can’t hold it in for 10 minutes you should seriously go see a doctor and probably install a system of pee-bottles around the house to make sure you don’t have accidents, that is not healthy and it might be a serious symptom.

Limiting teams to one hero per class or at least no more than one of each hero per team would solve some of the games balance issues (We remember the cent-ganks) and I would support it, but that is a separate issue and should have its own thread.

I’m pretty sure that leaving mid-game does result in a loss on your tab. Most leavers are most likely rage quits.
Well, that’s good at least. Apparently it’s not enough though, or people are just not aware of it.

The_B0G_
06-18-2018, 12:34 PM
To avoid the quit penalty all you had to do was goto ps4 menu, or xbox dashboard and close the app. It never worked as a fully fail proof way to stop quitters anyway. If your team isn't playing like a bunch of a-holes chances are the other team won't leave.

If you're dominating a team by ganking and you're spamming thanks! Or sorry! And emote spamming over bodies everytime you kill someone, you can't blame someone for getting fed up and looking for another game.

Kobi_Blade
06-18-2018, 02:15 PM
None of this makes sense, in casual there's no need for punishment for leaving the game like already said, if you can't turn the game around and win just because 1 player left, you're either a noob or against an elite team.

It has never affected the outcome of my matches when a player leaves the match (it actually makes it easier with less people getting in way to steal kills), there's also the problem with Ubisoft crap servers constantly kicking people out of games with errors, which would make your accusations baseless (you have no evidence the players are leaving by choice).

Penalties are for ranked/serious play as always, in casual the outcome of the match won't affect you whasoever, outside your pride.

TheTool85
06-18-2018, 02:21 PM
If your team isn't playing like a bunch of a-holes chances are the other team won't leave.

If you're dominating a team by ganking and you're spamming thanks! Or sorry! And emote spamming over bodies everytime you kill someone, you can't blame someone for getting fed up and looking for another game.

So true.

CandleInTheDark
06-18-2018, 03:49 PM

With all respect though I very much doubt that 90% of the players are leaving because something important came up and if something important did come up likely it would take longer than ten minutes. Most of the players that leave do so when their team is nearing breaking, sometimes it has been even earlier and there are those who type in 'obvious loss' before they leave. That isn't "I need to get this delivery", that is "I can't be bothered to finish this game so I will tip over the monopoly board on the way out" and those are the players that are having a negative impact on the game of their teammates.

A couple days ago in one of my games my team were 500 down and to the last man in breaking, being dead I was talking with people in discord since afk timer doesn't kick in when you're dead and breaking and I was just waiting for my xp, suddenly I hear "Your team rallied" out of nowhere and we went on to win that match, now if just one person had left, it might be we still got out of breaking but there is no way we would have made that stick. What is more is that as soon as a team member is replaced by a bot then that bot might as well be working for the other team because all they do is feed renown, this is why teams starting 4-2 because two players between games left wind up 500-20 down before they get a new player. Bots as it stands don't do basic things a player would, and I don't even mean light spamming assassins or stacking attacks, I mean stuff as basic as feinting, if the devs are set on not having a quit penalty then they really need to improve the bots that replace players.

Honestly I would love to just take myself over to ranked and there are a few reasons different people would want to, more xp means unlocking later rep things quicker, some people don't like hero stacking, some don't like gear stats, but right now the distinction between regular dominion and ranked isn't that there is a quit penalty, it is that there is not a viable population in it to grind for a couple hours.

Lord_Cherubi
06-18-2018, 04:11 PM

This. I don't care if someone spams the chat or emotes after killing me, sometimes it gets annoying when you already know you're not going to win the match and die constantly but since im already dead anyway, what does it matter what they do? But some people get triggered and they have the right to exit to find a new match if they so choose. Also, sometimes life intervenes for different reasons and allthough the matches aren't long, sometimes it's just unavoidable.

As mentioned before, the problem lies in how long it can take before the Bot gets replaced and for this very reason i think every bot in multiplayer should always be lvl3.

DoctorMcBatman
07-15-2018, 10:33 PM
@Ubisoft any discussion on this from the devs? I maintain my OP viewpoint.

DefiledDragon
07-16-2018, 01:13 AM
So many people in this thread obviously don't have kids or pets. Not every distraction can be ignored.

HazelrahFirefly
07-16-2018, 02:16 AM
So many people in this thread obviously don't have kids or pets. Not every distraction can be ignored.

Bingo. Three year old and a pregnant wife - I need to quit when I ****ing want, and that's that. Anything short of that liberty and the game has dumb penalties.

I like the suggestion of less steel awarded for a quit. It can't be for that game obviously, because you quit out and already got 0 steel, but how about the next? The same how the extra xp flag remains if you quit/dc, have a flag remains that halves the steel earned of the next completed game.

HazelrahFirefly
07-16-2018, 02:18 AM
@Ubisoft any discussion on this from the devs? I maintain my OP viewpoint.

A mod has already commented that the devs are looking into it.

Helnekromancer
07-16-2018, 05:13 AM
If this was Ranked yes, they need a Penalty but this is just Casual play, no one wants to queue for 4v4 and get into a game 500-600 tickets down and be locked into it. With the amount of bad matchmaking in this game I don't blame people for leaving you will almost NEVER get a close game, it's always a stomp, you constantly get BM'd, and even if you stayed you are just going to get a nuked dropped on your head because the enemy team has all their Feats unlocked while you have none.

And lets not even talk about this game's poor connection and getting dropped from games every 2-3 matches.

jbs1985
07-16-2018, 09:30 AM

I wouldn't even mind being just kicked but 10 minute ban is a big no.

Canít agree more with what you wrote. Make it like rainbow6 seige, I would gladly take gearstats out in order to do so, it would level the playing field for everybody more compared to now. Plus make revenge even for everybody, and what is supposed to do; help you out when outnumbered, not the other way around.

DoctorMcBatman
07-16-2018, 07:23 PM

I have pets.

Bingo. Three year old and a pregnant wife - I need to quit when I ****ing want, and that's that. Anything short of that liberty and the game has dumb penalties.

I like the suggestion of less steel awarded for a quit. It can't be for that game obviously, because you quit out and already got 0 steel, but how about the next? The same how the extra xp flag remains if you quit/dc, have a flag remains that halves the steel earned of the next completed game.

Firstly, you do know that if you leave a match early there are still penalties now, right? Just not a matchmaking suspension. Secondly, how often have you stepped away from a match for more than 30 seconds to attend to your kids/wife? (genuinely curious)

I would think that if you were attending to them, it would be longer than a 5-10 minute break anyway?

I completely agree that some distractions require attention. BUT, in my experience the vast majority of mid-match quitting comes from people who are sick of ganks/feats/deathballs/not being very good/etc.. I understand their frustration, I "rage" quit at times too. But I wish I didn't have that option. I'd get more in game time and I'd get my rewards more often. But at the moment, the current penalty is not enough to give me pause about quitting mid-match. And (anecdotally), I'm seeing that other players operate similarly.

If this was Ranked yes, they need a Penalty but this is just Casual play, no one wants to queue for 4v4 and get into a game 500-600 tickets down and be locked into it. With the amount of bad matchmaking in this game I don't blame people for leaving you will almost NEVER get a close game, it's always a stomp, you constantly get BM'd, and even if you stayed you are just going to get a nuked dropped on your head because the enemy team has all their Feats unlocked while you have none.

And lets not even talk about this game's poor connection and getting dropped from games every 2-3 matches.

My reasoning for suggesting the penalty's return is to address that exact situation. This is (again) anecdotal as I don't have the data, but there was clearly an improvement to the flow of games when the matchmaking penalty was instituted several months after release. And when it was removed a few months ago with the addition of servers, that consistent flow left with it. My OP may have been slightly exaggerative, but I maintain that the majority of matches I join are in progress and the vast majority of those are to the losing team. Why? Because people get frustrated with ganks and feats and leave (because there's no real penalty leaving).

Like many in the thread have said: people for the most part are not quitting because they need to answer the phone/door/feed their kids. They leave because they're pissed at the game's frustrating mechanics. And you know what? This is not a single player immersion type experience - you have teammates who are relying on you. Yes, your children and family are more important, but you have a responsibility to the team if you're playing a team-based mode.

For games like Battlefield where the match can be 30+ minutes or CoD where it's a short match but you have a bigger team, leaving in the middle usually isn't that much of an applied pressure on your team/teammates. But in FH, where you have 3 teammates and 5-10 minutes to determine the entirety of the match, losing a person is a major issue. Filling that spot 2-3 minutes later (if it's filled at all) with someone who's just getting into the situation and can see the match is lost rarely turns things around.

I'd rather wait an extra 1-2 minutes of matchmaking for a brand new game than join an in progress one (regardless if I join the winning or losing team).

Note: I don't mean to be criticizing people or demeaning anyone's play style, but in a team based game with the particularities FH has, you really have a responsibility to your team AND players in the lobby waiting for matches, because if you "rage" quit, chances are an unsuspecting player is taking your spot, which as I noted in my OP, is usually a waste of time for that player.

And honestly, I was just going to leave it and not respond again because I promise I'm not as distraught about it as I sound, but since servers are down I got bored. :/

JOHN19812017
07-16-2018, 08:25 PM
well im a carer for my father if i need to leave a game i will and i should not be punished for this. i admit i have the occasional rage quit but thats more down to the poor matchmaking. example ive had the game prob 3 weeks my 1st pvp in dominion vs rep 200+ great skill based matchmaking?

Siegfried-Z
07-17-2018, 09:42 AM
The Match Making is clearly not on point...

Since they've tried to change things this is a nightmare..

I am in the top 5% players on PS4 and my bestfriend top 3% and while playing together.. we always get matched with players arround rep 50/60 with char rep 4 things like that while ou opponents are all between rep 120 and 200-300 and more... with sometimes many rep 5P with their char etc ... How are we suppose to win ?

Most of the times i loose my games these days... for 2 weeks now i often have game session arround 35% win ratios etc because i always join started game with at least 400 points down and one IA etc Because my mates don't have the skill to fight my opponents, or don't know how to fight 2v1 ... (still see so many stupids top heavy and top heavy an alone opponent and so that giving him revenge and revenege again....:/).

Another things is they are not smart.. running alone one by one to be free killed ..

ahh this is annoying.

1/ THe Match Making needs a big rework (not balance at all)
2/ THe penalty needs to come back (too many IA and games in progress)
3/ Some Char are really too strong in 4v4 (Raider, Conq... OMG)
4/ Only dominions has enough players now.. you should incentive more for tribut etc

AzureSky.
07-18-2018, 06:32 PM

It's simple, just make a "Don't join games in progress" button, that's it problem solved.

DoctorMcBatman
07-19-2018, 11:33 PM
A: Damien says the bot that replaces the player is based off the player it replaced mmr level. They are looking at bringing back the leaver penalty however, no hard date but Damien said it will definently be back for the Marching Fire update

Jesus Christ be praised.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjHsrWUnKzcAhXsYd8KHQeiAIwQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fkingdomcome %2Fcomments%2F80bkc9%2Fhey_henry_has_come_to_see_u s%2F&psig=AOvVaw2kS7MEgODuRnebI43x6TF6&ust=1532125958836218
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjHsrWUnKzcAhXsYd8KHQeiAIwQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fkingdomcome %2Fcomments%2F80bkc9%2Fhey_henry_has_come_to_see_u s%2F&psig=AOvVaw2kS7MEgODuRnebI43x6TF6&ust=1532125958836218https://i.redd.it/xpyzpuegqii01.jpg

Archaelion
07-20-2018, 12:53 AM
So what's the stance. Is this not a thing anymore: "However, they do not have any plans to bring back the matchmaking penalty for non-ranked games. They want it to be a casual experience where if something important did come up, the player would have the freedom to leave without resulting in any serious consequences."

Keep the garbage as matchmaking penalty in RANKED ONLY. First of all, half the time the matchmaking penalty didn't even work--players got kicked for defending an objective for longer than 5 seconds. Server instability, you lost connection? Guess when ubis server is back online you're going to be in penalty. No fault of your own but you get penalized. When was the last time ubi had server issues? Oh, yesterday. Second, there are times when you are playing CASUAL and your friends login and you want to play with them. You shouldn't need to commit 10 minutes to a match where you just want to play with your friends CASUALLY. Finally, you can always still join in games where you are already losing and down points. These players simply quit. Forget about stupid matchmaking penalties and balance the game already. Because the biggest penalty I see is garbage balance and overpowered heroes who make said underpowered heroes never appear in games. On the count of 3 everyone think of what I'm talking about. Oh wow, you got em all!

DoctorMcBatman
07-20-2018, 01:54 AM
So what's the stance. Is this not a thing anymore: "However, they do not have any plans to bring back the matchmaking penalty for non-ranked games. They want it to be a casual experience where if something important did come up, the player would have the freedom to leave without resulting in any serious consequences."

Keep the garbage as matchmaking penalty in RANKED ONLY. First of all, half the time the matchmaking penalty didn't even work--players got kicked for defending an objective for longer than 5 seconds. Server instability, you lost connection? Guess when ubis server is back online you're going to be in penalty. No fault of your own but you get penalized. When was the last time ubi had server issues? Oh, yesterday. Second, there are times when you are playing CASUAL and your friends login and you want to play with them. You shouldn't need to commit 10 minutes to a match where you just want to play with your friends CASUALLY. Finally, you can always still join in games where you are already losing and down points. These players simply quit. Forget about stupid matchmaking penalties and balance the game already. Because the biggest penalty I see is garbage balance and overpowered heroes who make said underpowered heroes never appear in games. On the count of 3 everyone think of what I'm talking about. Oh wow, you got em all!

Completely agree that you should not be hit with an inactivity kick for boosting. Sort of shocked that still hasn't been fixed, I was kicked while boosting two days ago. I didn't bother moving around since I assumed it would have been addressed by now.

And I don't recall many instances of dropped connections resulting in the penalty, perhaps a few but certainly not the majority.

Ubi's server issues were due to harassers, not the quality of Ubi's servers themselves.

Yes, players quit in progress games they join, BUT if the player who leaves the game initially now has to think twice about leaving due to the 10 minute penalty, they may not leave and you won't end up in their ****ty spot.

Think about the flow of games while the penalty existed vs. the flow now. You have many people rage quitting, sometimes creating a domino effect where everyone leaves or everyone except one person leaves and it essentially becomes a 1v4 or PvAI. And if a player does join that in-progress game, they're now at a major disadvantage and that's not really fair to them.

Blitzwarrior771
07-20-2018, 03:24 AM
I quit for fun there is no point playing in this defense spam fest 😂

Darkmight_cz
07-20-2018, 07:51 AM
I agree that matchmaking penalty needs to come back in game. I understand that penalties was removed coz connectivity issues but right now servers are in good shape and I see no reason why they shouldn't be implemented back into game. Right now it's just leaving contest nearly in every match you can see some leaving players. It's really sad that I can't enjoy already started game without this crap.

Reasons:
To those who thinks that penalties should stay only in ranked mode I have to say its nonsense. Ranked plays are not viable right now coz very low activity. Most played mode is normal dominion where players trying hard to improve their skills. Its really frustrating when ppls leaving just coz they are owned by enemy team. How they want to improve themselves when they leave every time when enemy kills them? + those salty leavers ruining match even for allies.
Penalties are part of nearly every online pvp game and even in quick match.

Personally I like how it works in Hots when you leave quick match you are forced to play next 2 matches with another leavers. When you leave ranked well you will loose ranked points.

To those who complaining about having kids and that something unexpected may occur. Well guys Iam working man I have 3 months old daughter, two large dogs and wife so I play at night when they are sleeping and there is nearly no chance that I will be interrupted. Its as someone here said poor planing. Also why anybody else must be punished that you are currently unable to play and finish match which is not that long anyway (I mean your allies)?

That's why I saying that penalties should be implemented back in game coz right now there is no PVP 4v4 nearly every match ending with 4 players on one side and 1 poor guy in other side with 3 UI

Last words to leavers. Guys screw your head back up pick up your balls from the ground a fight and die like pure mans ffs.

Charmzzz
07-20-2018, 08:29 AM
Do people forget about the grace period? So, if you join an ongoing Match and you are 500 Points down, you can leave it in the first 30 secs and get no penalty. That's how it was done when Leaver-Penalty was active.

If you have to leave due to special circumstances at YOUR home then it is YOUR problem, not mine. I don't want to sound rude, but I simply don't like to play with 1-2 Bots against people in my skill bracket. Even Level 3 Bots are food there...

Darkmight_cz
07-20-2018, 08:32 AM
Do people forget about the grace period? So, if you join an ongoing Match and you are 500 Points down, you can leave it in the first 30 secs and get no penalty. That's how it was done when Leaver-Penalty was active.

If you have to leave due to special circumstances at YOUR home then it is YOUR problem, not mine. I don't want to sound rude, but I simply don't like to play with 1-2 Bots against people in my skill bracket. Even Level 3 Bots are food there...

Exactly this 😉

DoctorMcBatman
07-20-2018, 01:47 PM

This is true and a nice feature. But it doesn't get around the fact you just waited for an entire match to load only to leave right away, and now you have to get back in the queue and wait for another match to load that hopefully is either a new game or not a miserable in-progress one.

XJadeDragoonX
07-20-2018, 01:54 PM
You could avoid the penalty by just closing the app instead of quitting the game anyway

Vakris_One
07-20-2018, 02:04 PM
You could avoid the penalty by just closing the app instead of quitting the game anyway
Yes but you would have to waste around 5 minutes of loading the game up again and going through all the intro screens. That's at least some form of penalty that you cannot escape from even with app closing. Still better than how it is now which is a free pass to screw the experience for others by leaving matches to cue up again within seconds.

HazelrahFirefly
07-20-2018, 03:03 PM
I love the bias.

"Me and my type of players are the important ones, not your type of players."

You want people to be punished for quitting, something everyone has to do at times, and we don't. Which seems amicable? But no, it's all about that W, not the people playing the game.

Oh, and the penalty being in place or not never changed people quitting out. It was the same before as it is now, and will be the same when the penalty returns. It's a placebo affect if you think more people are quitting now compared to before.

Devils-_-legacy
07-20-2018, 03:32 PM
I don't see the point of enforcing the penalty in causal play modes it makes sense for the ranked modes as that's the serious side

Vakris_One
07-20-2018, 03:34 PM
I love the bias.

"Me and my type of players are the important ones, not your type of players."

You want people to be punished for quitting, something everyone has to do at times, and we don't. Which seems amicable? But no, it's all about that W, not the people playing the game.

Oh, and the penalty being in place or not never changed people quitting out. It was the same before as it is now, and will be the same when the penalty returns. It's a placebo affect if you think more people are quitting now compared to before.
More people are quitting now than before. At least from my experiences. I have at least 1 quitter every second match I do. It's become as common now as when we had P2P disconnecting people, except that people now are legit straight up quitting matches in progress. And I do sympathise with people who have genuine reasons for having to leave a game - I mean it's a video game after all. It isn't and should not be the most important thing in life.

That being said I am pretty confident in guesstimating that 90% of leavers are a rage quit. Something has to be done to disencentivise rage quitters from ruining other people's experience because letting it run rampant is damaging to the game's experience - it is a game that puts a lot of focus on team based gameplay after all and it becomes beyond a joke if you can barely get a full team of players for longer than a minute. However this has to be done in a way that isn't so draconian that it unfairly punishes the minority 10% who legitimately have to drop out of a game for a minute or two.

Now what the game cannot and should not be seeking to accomodate is a person's lack of proper time management or a situation whereby a less team focused PvP/Co-op game would be the more appropriate choice for them to play. We are all subject to constraints on our free time, some more than others of course, but we all have the responsibility to manage what little free time we get accordingly - excluding emergencies of course.

Darkmight_cz
07-20-2018, 03:42 PM
I don't see the point of enforcing the penalty in causal play modes it makes sense for the ranked modes as that's the serious side

The point is that you don't screw experience from playing to others who are trying hard to improve their skills and win 😉 if you want to leave as you want play PvUi not PvP

MumfordDaHound
07-20-2018, 03:46 PM
It is pretty bad. So many games end with 1-2 bots on the losing side. Ppl are such babies they can't face the loss. The other thing I guess ppl are doing it for is cause of their KD? What a joke, KD is so messed up and has so many variables its not even worth having for the most part. So if they leave the game I guess so it doesn't affect their KD. Also, a big part of the problem is randoms having to face premade grps. The premades just roll and the person gets sick of it and leaves. Problem is they mostly leave cause they are doing poorly, but the team is still competitive even vs the premade at the time. Even if you lose to a premade if you can make it competitive then its at least fun to play. The coordinated timing of ganks and calling in for help is what is rough when the randoms have no way to communicate like a premade does.

Devils-_-legacy
07-20-2018, 03:50 PM
The point is that you don't screw experience from playing to others who are trying hard to improve their skills and win 😉 if you want to leave as you want play PvUi not PvP
Just want to say I only leave if my oppents ping rate is terrible other then this week ware I've had to bare it but it doesn't change your experience as it's normally the team member that's getting stomped the most leaves your still getting stomped you just have a bot that eother plays like crap or god. a better fix would be fix matchmaking(like lessening the chances of pressure made vs randoms) so it more fair of a game then people wouldn't leave as much thats my opinon from my experience in this game