PDA

View Full Version : Is Division 2 getting more easy and dummbed similar to Destiny 2??

SoulReaverDan
06-17-2018, 04:20 PM
One of the most important features of the Division 1 was the diversity in loot , and the endless mixing opportunities in gear and attachments etc
I'm worried about the fact that the are going to be the same attachments for more weapons, there are no minor attributes , no big differences on the damage output of the weapons, no different stats on attachments .... there is even a youtube movie about this ,

The same idea was implemented in Destiny 2 - each having the same/similar weapons with similar attributes etc .. and it was a disaster

I really hope that Ubisoft will NOT make the same mistake with Division 2
The endless possibilies and changes in gear from different attachments , stats , armour and weapons where the main success of Division 1

We where all returning and playing thousands of hours in order to get the perfect roll and to discover new mix and matches for different gears

If someone has some info about this please let me know !!!!!

They said that end game is the most important aspect of division 2 ... i really hope that they are going to keep us there for at least 1 year and not in a stupid way with 0,001 chance of drop

RushLoongHammer
06-17-2018, 05:13 PM
From what I've seen so far the thing that seems most similar to Destiny 2 so far are the specializations, but we still don't know fully how they work.
In regards to dumbing down any complexity of creating builds, I hope it actually gets more complex.

There is a satisfaction with creating something unique and functional and then people asking what you're build is.

Blkandwhtknight
06-17-2018, 07:27 PM
Stop comparing the Division to Destiny. Massive and Bungle could not be farther apart in quality and commitment to the players. Anyone who is a hardcore Division fan recognized tons of things in the Division 2 gameplay that look like a check list of things everyone has always wanted in the first game. From the armor bar to the changes to heals and mods Massive have seriously listened to the players.

Cadillac-Jack
06-17-2018, 09:55 PM
If they keep lowering the TTK in P v E then yes it is dumbing it down , all these dumb complaints about high TTK (it's an RPG ) those games have bullet sponges, Christ iv'e played ESO for 4 years the open world named bosses have so much armour they takes groups of players to take them out or the Dungeons at the very high levels have enemies/bosses that take time to beat.

Now for P v P by all means lower it to one hit kill standards I don't really care but in P v E with this type of game RPG then leave it as is or up the TTK

Trippul G
06-17-2018, 10:48 PM
If they keep lowering the TTK in P v E then yes it is dumbing it down , all these dumb complaints about high TTK (it's an RPG ) those games have bullet sponges, Christ iv'e played ESO for 4 years the open world named bosses have so much armour they takes groups of players to take them out or the Dungeons at the very high levels have enemies/bosses that take time to beat.

Now for P v P by all means lower it to one hit kill standards I don't really care but in P v E with this type of game RPG then leave it as is or up the TTK

I hear what you're saying, and for the most part I agree that this game (and this type of game, i.e. an action-shooter-RPG) needs a somewhat high TTK to work properly. But, as another poster explained in the other TTK thread, it's not JUST about TTK. Enemies need to be INTERESTING while you're fighting them, and react appropriately to the damage that you're dishing out. No one wants to fight an enemy that just mindlessly soaks up bullets and operates on what seems to be a predetermined set of instructions. That was one of my gripes with TD1...that harder difficulty didn't necessarily mean enemies that were more interesting or used smarter tactics, it just meant the exact same enemies, who did the exact same things, but they could soak up more damage. Hunters and Legendary missions went some way to remedying this, but they had their own set of problems as well.

I hope to see more enemies similar to the heavy-armored boss we saw in the E3 demos. Sure he was a bullet sponge, but it made sense for him to be so. He had heavy armor, and fighting him was interesting because as you're doing damage, bits of that armor are flying off, you're hitting weak points and he's staggering around...it's obvious that you're doing some serious damage and are really hurting this guy, and even though you're pouring a ton of rounds into him, it feels right because that visual feedback you're getting from him keeps you engaged.

Compare that to someone like one of the Rikers Heavies that we currently have in TD1, who generally just come slowly plodding toward you, never changing direction or tactics, are not wearing anywhere near a realistic level of body armor, who have one weak point (their backpack), and generally are uninteresting opponents to fight.

Both examples have a high TTK, but the former is interesting and keeps you engaged with feedback throughout the battle...while the second is an uninteresting, mindless meat-shield. Here's hoping we get more of the former and less of the latter.

*edit* Also, I enjoyed the irony of the word "dumbed" being misspelled in the thread title...lol :rolleyes:

techie519
06-18-2018, 12:36 AM
I like the fact that attachments are now unlocked by the weapons. I didn't like how I don't have to farm resources and then role for attachments I don't want. To your point, yeah it is getting a little more casual, but there is still min/maxing potentials.

Label07
06-18-2018, 04:50 AM
I think the lack of attachments in the loot pool is one of the best changes so far. I HATE when a gold drops and its a stupid scope/handgrip/clip/etc.! Now we KNOW it's going to be a weapon or equipment, this is amazing!

I DO want random rolls (god even) on weapons, equipment. Destiny 2 as an example made a HUGE mistake in this regard, static stat'd weapons is a terrible idea!

BangOnMarathon
06-18-2018, 06:10 AM
Roflol, TTK should be lowered by 75% at least.

Why make a game and say its 1.1 copy and try and make it sound like its realistic when you have lame 1999 cheap console game play?

If you want to play Mario Bros then go play that, I want something closer to how it looks.

agentCoats
06-18-2018, 09:36 AM
Roflol, TTK should be lowered by 75% at least.

Why make a game and say its 1.1 copy and try and make it sound like its realistic when you have lame 1999 cheap console game play?

If you want to play Mario Bros then go play that, I want something closer to how it looks.

To some extent I agree with both yr pts.... but having a very short ttk makes the game more of a shooter than a shooter with RPG elements. You needed a fairly sensible TTK in TD1 bc alot of the skills had to be aimed to be used. Add the server lag and too short a TTK would mean players would not be able to use skills that effectively. And thats without taking into account group dynamics..... the more gun barrels delivering their shots at you, ppl will be dying in less than half a second without the ability to react.

For me Im waiting to see how TD2 handles stuff. But its just not a binary decision to say make it shorter bc it needs to feel more like a shooter or make it longer because we cant even use skills. Its a bit more complex then that.

gt2k
06-18-2018, 01:41 PM
You all forget, PVP is in this game so they have to dumb it down and balance it.

agentCoats
06-18-2018, 02:34 PM
You all forget, PVP is in this game so they have to dumb it down and balance it.

Thats in like with my gut feeling. Esp. concerning consoles. They have to cater for those fella/lasses too.

gt2k
06-18-2018, 02:46 PM
Thats in like with my gut feeling. Esp. concerning consoles. They have to cater for those fella/lasses too.

being dumb down has nothing to do with console vs PC. It has to do with PVP and balancing it.

Trippul G
06-18-2018, 02:52 PM

Yup, I sure do hope the devs bring things down to the level of stupid console players like myself, with our limited mental capacities and inability to so much as tie our own shoes. It's a wonder that I even figured out how to post this message! :rolleyes:

SevenNVD
06-18-2018, 03:26 PM
being dumb down has nothing to do with console vs PC. It has to do with PVP and balancing it.

There's more ways to balance the game than to dumb things down. Yes, PvP plays a factor and has a big influence on the game, that's not going to change.

In skill ups interview with Julian, he almost confirmed that you will use your own gear in PvP, and there will be no fixed classes. (They didn't confirm it, though.) They seem to have some ideas to balance things, I'm curious too how that will look like .

gt2k
06-18-2018, 03:44 PM
There's more ways to balance the game than to dumb things down. Yes, PvP plays a factor and has a big influence on the game, that's not going to change.

In skill ups interview with Julian, he almost confirmed that you will use your own gear in PvP, and there will be no fixed classes. (They didn't confirm it, though.) They seem to have some ideas to balance things, I'm curious too how that will look like .

If dumb things down or make is simple it is pretty much the same in people's eyes. Removing damage from attachments for the most part is a start. Headshot damage is still in there for the most part. Not having firearms, stamina, and electronics is also in there. Compared to TD1 this is a very much more simpler game. It looks like everyone is going to have the same "stats" which is their way of balancing things. Lets hope they know how to balance the weapons this time around.

agentCoats
06-18-2018, 04:58 PM

Oh Im sure that it does.

Yup, I sure do hope the devs bring things down to the level of stupid console players like myself, with our limited mental capacities and inability to so much as tie our own shoes. It's a wonder that I even figured out how to post this message! :rolleyes:

I meant the architecture not the ppl using them you clowns! :D

It seems plausible (to me anyways) that they want to restrict the scope of possible combinations of gear so as to control the extremes that ppl can customize their gear to. Thats probably gonna be their biggest challenge - that in theory should allow them the control to balance all aspects of gameplay. Ofc group dynamics will be another key issue in that regard, as where weapon talents and skillz. Still waiting to see what more comes out and what they eventually tell us about the actual gameplay (for pve and pvp).

gt2k
06-18-2018, 05:09 PM
Oh Im sure that it does.

I meant the architecture not the ppl using them you clowns! :D

Again that has nothing to do with it. A console is a specialize PC nothing more.

KnightGhostbear
06-18-2018, 10:23 PM
One of the most important features of the Division 1 was the diversity in loot , and the endless mixing opportunities in gear and attachments etc
I'm worried about the fact that the are going to be the same attachments for more weapons, there are no minor attributes , no big differences on the damage output of the weapons, no different stats on attachments .... there is even a youtube movie about this ,

The same idea was implemented in Destiny 2 - each having the same/similar weapons with similar attributes etc .. and it was a disaster

I really hope that Ubisoft will NOT make the same mistake with Division 2
The endless possibilies and changes in gear from different attachments , stats , armour and weapons where the main success of Division 1

We where all returning and playing thousands of hours in order to get the perfect roll and to discover new mix and matches for different gears

If someone has some info about this please let me know !!!!!

They said that end game is the most important aspect of division 2 ... i really hope that they are going to keep us there for at least 1 year and not in a stupid way with 0,001 chance of drop

LOL, what hte hell does the diversity in loot matter when everyone only wants a select 2-3 armor sets, 1-2 guns and a handful of the attachments?

06-19-2018, 02:47 AM
The change to weapon mods was to combat an inventory issue, and that is currently the only loot that everyone will get. Random rolls and random drops still exist in the game. Hopefully exotic mods exist in some form.