PDA

View Full Version : Breach Mode - Not enough resistance

Illyrian_King
06-17-2018, 12:20 AM
I know this Mode is still in pre-Alpha, so things might still change but I want to say what I think about that what I saw.

FIrst of all I just saw youtube videos about the one single map and of course this is not very much, but I really watched every corner of that map in detail ... my conclusion was that the resistance in the first and second step ESPECIALLY on the ramparts is way way way too low.

Of course it is not ment, to finish the match in the very beginning, but it should not be this one-dimensional in 95% of the cases approximately.

In every video I watched the step-1-ramparts were captured by the Attackers within the first 1-2 minutes. In EVERY case.

There are simply not enough defender minions on the ramparts. The number of attacking and defending minions is even pretty even. 1 Captain and 3 pikemen.

The ramparts are piece of the castle wall and should not be without any advantage for the defenders, who "prepared" themselves. Even worse, when you include the fact, that the zones can not be captured back by the Defenders. In most cases it comes to a snowball effect, where all 3 Zones fall to the Attackers when the first Zone is lost.

The best strategy now is just to run to the Siege Tower (which should not have arrived the wall already at match start), climb up the stairs, and butcher your way through a helpless line of 3 Zones --> Step 1 = Done

Also that ladder to the left side of the wall should not be there until Zone 3 was captured or at least contested. It offers too much ways of clearing the ramparts with too little effort.

The ram is almost indestructable, can be shielded and also regens to full health once the first gate is broken.

Please give the Attackers 5 respawn tickets more and make the ramparts have a clear minion advantage! Please let there be more contrast between attacking and defending.

To repeat ... it is early and I know this, but why not talk about it even now when there is still 4 months for adjustments.

Lord_Cherubi
06-17-2018, 01:33 AM
I know this Mode is still in pre-Alpha, so things might still change but I want to say what I think about that what I saw.

FIrst of all I just saw youtube videos about the one single map and of course this is not very much, but I really watched every corner of that map in detail ... my conclusion was that the resistance in the first and second step ESPECIALLY on the ramparts is way way way too low.

Of course it is not ment, to finish the match in the very beginning, but it should not be this one-dimensional in 95% of the cases approximately.

In every video I watched the step-1-ramparts were captured by the Attackers within the first 1-2 minutes. In EVERY case.

There are simply not enough defender minions on the ramparts. The number of attacking and defending minions is even pretty even. 1 Captain and 3 pikemen.

The ramparts are piece of the castle wall and should not be without any advantage for the defenders, who "prepared" themselves. Even worse, when you include the fact, that the zones can not be captured back by the Defenders. In most cases it comes to a snowball effect, where all 3 Zones fall to the Attackers when the first Zone is lost.

The best strategy now is just to run to the Siege Tower (which should not have arrived the wall already at match start), climb up the stairs, and butcher your way through a helpless line of 3 Zones --> Step 1 = Done

Also that ladder to the left side of the wall should not be there until Zone 3 was captured or at least contested. It offers too much ways of clearing the ramparts with too little effort.

The ram is almost indestructable, can be shielded and also regens to full health once the first gate is broken.

Please give the Attackers 5 respawn tickets more and make the ramparts have a clear minion advantage! Please let there be more contrast between attacking and defending.

To repeat ... it is early and I know this, but why not talk about it even now when there is still 4 months for adjustments.

I would assume they'll add more minions but what i noticed is that they finally made em tough. I didn't watch the whole video, just bits from here and there but in one point this dude was fighting 2 or 3 minions on the ram and they left him at half hp.

Now imagine a teamfight taking place there, that's going to be absolutely insane and i love it!

Illyrian_King
06-17-2018, 11:33 AM
I would assume they'll add more minions but what i noticed is that they finally made em tough. I didn't watch the whole video, just bits from here and there but in one point this dude was fighting 2 or 3 minions on the ram and they left him at half hp.

Now imagine a teamfight taking place there, that's going to be absolutely insane and i love it!

The Community definitely roared for stronger minions and they are even as big as a Hero ^^

But the problem here is, that when you watch gameplay from private people, who somehow got access to this pre-Alpha-version, you always come to the same point.

Look at the ramparts on the first and second step, where the Archers are. You just need to go up and kill the first minions and eventually kill the enemy players and all 3 Zones are yours, because since the first wave of minions and players are dead, you can roll through the whole lane till they respawn, and Defenders can't capture them back because this is how the Mode works.

There are also no Defender minions in reserve in point 2 and 3 of the lane (in step 1 and 2). As I said ... you killed the first resistance --> you made it

Since there is 1 Captain and 3 pikemen from the Attackers and Defenders on the rampart lane, the fight is too even and there is no defender advantage at all, which should definitely be their ... because it's still their fortress :rolleyes:

There must be definitely more and faster respawning Defender minions then Attacker minions. Also the Siege Tower should arrive there within the first 1-2minutes instead of being there since match beginn. And the ladder leading to Zone 3 should be there when Zone 2 is captured.

If neccessary give the Attackers 5 respawn tickets more and it's all fine, because the ram is almost indestructible, heals when the first gate is broken and the ramparts can't be captured back by the Defenders.

AkenoKobayashi
06-17-2018, 11:57 PM
They definitely need to go hard with the Captains and Shields. I agree that the zones need to be reclaimable for the Defenders.

Lord_Cherubi
06-18-2018, 12:05 AM
Well what if they made it somewhat like Operations in Battlefield 1? So the defenders would always have the possibility to claim a zone back but only the zones on the stage the attackers have currently advanced to

Illyrian_King
06-18-2018, 12:18 AM
I guess the best way would simply be, to have more Defender minions and let them respawn faster.

Also let the Siege tower arrive after 1-2 minutes and the ladder when Zone 2 is captured.