PDA

View Full Version : Demon's Embrace suggestion

Lord_Cherubi
06-16-2018, 04:11 PM
I just had an amazing idea for a part of the shugo rework (at least i think it is lol)

First of all the animation itself feels a bit clumsy, either he should be able to cancel it because the startup is pretty slow and better players will have no problem detecting it early and dodgin out of the way (unless wall splatted ofc) or the move should be made faster, perhaps initiated from a dodge.

To the idea itself, give him a option to combo the move to a violent throw which will stun the opponent if thrown into a wall.
He's already perhaps the best "wrestler" in the game but this addition would make him seriously scary to face in a tight spot.

Details of the move:

It should be triggerable somewhere between the lift-up and snapping the back, initiated by pressing GB button and any of the directions.

And it should be a pacey move, it should look like he's using all of his muscles to make his enemy fly like a freaking ragdoll.

On wallsplat applies stun and does the same amount of damage (or maybe a bit lower) as Demon's Embrace but IS NOT affected by his current hp.

If thrown into the ground, low damage and no special effects. (Im thinking maybe Demon's Ball dmg?)

Should be fast enough to give him an option in teamfights if you realize you don't have time to get the kill and back away before you get killed yourself.

And i think this goes without saying but it should be able to ledge.

So what do you guys think? I absolutely love this character and would love to see more combos on his rework as well, im hoping he will finally start being a real threat that should always be fought with caution.

PepsiBeastin
06-16-2018, 04:20 PM
I'd prefer if there were 3 options

1. Normal hug, moderately high damage and healing
2. Your throw idea, spacing, wall splatting, ledging (or spiking), and low damage
3. A hulk slam (like in the shugoki execution) triggered by a heavy attack that grabs the opponent by their leg and mashes them into the ground, deals more damage than demon's embrace hug edition but grants no healing. Also takes a large chunk of stamina away from the opponent and doesn't let them regen it mid-attack like demon's embrace hug does.

Lord_Cherubi
06-16-2018, 04:42 PM
I'd prefer if there were 3 options

1. Normal hug, moderately high damage and healing
2. Your throw idea, spacing, wall splatting, ledging (or spiking), and low damage
3. A hulk slam (like in the shugoki execution) triggered by a heavy attack that grabs the opponent by their leg and mashes them into the ground, deals more damage than demon's embrace hug edition but grants no healing. Also takes a large chunk of stamina away from the opponent and doesn't let them regen it mid-attack like demon's embrace hug does.

This would actually be even better! Allthough if the damage is higher on the hulk slam it should have some sort of recovery to it in my opinion so that you couldn't follow up on it while on the wall throw i'd like you can stay on the offensive since it does less damage.

Man now i'll actually be disappointed if this doesn't make it's way to the rework haha

Kryltic
06-16-2018, 06:27 PM
Certainly an interesting set of ideas.

Right now I would be happy to lose the damage on a miss and perhaps gain a stamina regen at the cost of a time delay before allowing a Shugoki to go for another hug. At the moment, if you time it properly, you can hug a guy 2-3 times off a single wall splat before running out of stamina.