PDA

View Full Version : surrender option for matches rather than quitting?

SwellChemosabe
06-16-2018, 03:08 PM
So i've noticed lately in some of the games i play that when the enemy team starts to lose or starts breaking fairly early that some players will quite the match entirely rather than see it through and get their xp. Or if, in most cases, players who join a match late and find that they're already behind by an amount they think they can't come back from, they'll leave just as soon as they came.

what if we implement a surrender option to give players incentive for not right out quitting a match entirely? It could be an option in the menu, be decided by majority vote and if a team chooses to surrender there could be steel/xp rewarded in some fashion or other (i.e. half of what you earned or simply all that you've earned during the match, nothing more for both teams. There could even be a short animation, similar to the victory/defeat animation at the end of a completed match, but to point out what has happened (like the enemy minions walking the surrendering team's minions in a line as though they've been captured.

I know it might go against the overall tone of the game, brutal combat to the death, but honestly i'd take that over having to deal with useless bots when my teammates start leaving or wasting my time on an uphill battle (not that it doesn't feel good to win those but it doesn't happen very often this late in the game).

i can't appreciate being in a game where if 1 or more teammates leave the only options are get destroyed, sweat harder than a pig in july, or resart the game entirely. But if i see an icon come up indicating that my teammates are thinking about surrendering, i can respect that. especially if players are willing to admit that they might not be able to win. i've definitely been in my fair share of games where a surrender option would have looked awfully tempting.

what do ya'll think?

SangLong524
06-16-2018, 03:45 PM
Sound good. But perhaps it's win rate these quitters are after, not steel, xp, or fun. Maybe if quit means a recorded lost would deter these guys. But who knows, quitters gonna quit.

Alustar.
06-16-2018, 03:48 PM
I'd be all for this. Rage writing still records it as s loss, so they aren't saving their precious win rate. Many games do this, and it should be implemented, the winning team should still get the full rewards of a match win though.

SwellChemosabe
06-17-2018, 06:12 AM
what if there were a new statistic added under something like (number of surrenders)? could that be considered a loss?

I don't get people who play for a win/loss ratio. I get wanting to be the best at something but not by trying to cheat the system like that.

I can understand rage quitting, i've been there and done that my fair share of times (though i'm not proud of it). My hope is that if a surrender option were put in place that it would appeal to players who think they can't win just so we don't have to put up with the bots taking their place and giving the enemy team a significant advantage.