PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news: Kensei doesn't have to hit you to hit you.

PepsiBeastin
06-15-2018, 11:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Tm8HPK5.gif

Yes yes I'm *****ing about kensei bla bla bla but you can't lie to yourself and say this is acceptable. Not to mention is instant zone attack track target swap right at the end, how is that in any way reactable or at the very least fair? There should be a QoL change that makes it so any attacks thrown within .5 seconds of target switching to an enemy not in your 120 degrees frontal field of view don't track to them.

here is a bit higher quality link
https://gfycat.com/VariableSelfishGermanspitz

Kobi_Blade
06-16-2018, 12:16 AM
This is the result of a poor Internet connection, nothing to see here.

Vakris_One
06-16-2018, 12:20 AM
His first hit is a bit wonky in that it didn't seem to connect with you properly yet you took damage. Definite momentary glitch there with the hit boxes. Why you think this is a problem just with Kensei rather than the all-around game bug/glitch that it really is, I do not know. You really should consider giving it a rest with the anti-Kensei bias colouring your every bug report lately. You've tried to associate every random bug and glitch you've found out there to Kensei, even the ones that did't involve you fighting against or playing as a Kensei yourself.

As for his zone hitting you, every attack that someone makes when they are unlocked automatically seem to track to an enemy opponent if they are within close distance of you and it's not just zone attacks either. I'm not sure why this unlocked tracking mechanic exists but you just have to keep your wits about when in close proximity to an enemy that isn't locked on to you just in case they choose to use an unlocked attack. At least unlocked attacks are no longer faster than locked on ones so that's something.

Siegfried-Z
06-16-2018, 12:21 AM

Yes yes I'm *****ing about kensei bla bla bla but you can't lie to yourself and say this is acceptable. Not to mention is instant zone attack track target swap right at the end, how is that in any way reactable or at the very least fair? There should be a QoL change that makes it so any attacks thrown within .5 seconds of target switching to an enemy not in your 120 degrees frontal field of view don't track to them.

... haters gonna hate.
Nothing crazy there

PepsiBeastin
06-16-2018, 12:29 AM
His first hit is a bit wonky in that it didn't seem to connect with you properly yet you took damage. Definite momentary glitch there with the hit boxes. Why you think this is a problem just with Kensei rather than the all-around game bug/glitch that it really is, I do not know. You really should consider giving it a rest with the anti-Kensei bias colouring your every bug report lately. You've tried to associate every random bug and glitch you've found out there to Kensei, even the ones that did't involve you fighting against or playing as a Kensei yourself.

As for his zone hitting you, every attack that someone makes when they are unlocked automatically seem to track to an enemy opponent if they are within close distance of you and it's not just zone attacks either. I'm not sure why this unlocked tracking mechanic exists but you just have to keep your wits about when in close proximity to an enemy that isn't locked on to you just in case they choose to use an unlocked attack. At least unlocked attacks are no longer faster than locked on ones so that's something.

I'm pretty sure you're referring to the shinobi deflect bug post I made about kensei. Yes I blamed kensei because IT ONLY HAPPENS WITH KENSEI. With the title yes I made a joke saying it was his dodge attack armor that prevented him from being hit with the deflect, but it doesn't change the fact that it was a kensei-specific issue. And I don't think this is a one-off glitch with hitboxes, I swear that I constantly get hit by kensei when I know I'm out of range, its just that I wasn't in a 1v1 situation here so I saw it from a new angle.

PepsiBeastin
06-16-2018, 12:30 AM
This is the result of a poor Internet connection, nothing to see here.

"poor internet connection" When we were both around 35 ping... sure. Plus, looking in the top left there are no network problem alerts.

PepsiBeastin
06-16-2018, 12:31 AM
... haters gonna hate.
Nothing crazy there

Hating on getting hit with dark souls-esque phantom range? Sure.

NHLGoldenKnight
06-16-2018, 03:20 AM
There is something going on with Kensei and Berserker ang pretty much everyone is ignoring it. Their attacks often go through your block. And no, I am not talking about unblockables.

There was a topic couple of months back where someone had same experience as I do. Moderator told us that he will ask around with developers but it seems nothing happened.

Anyway, I am pretty sure I am not crazy because it almost exclusively happens with Kensei and Berserker. Does it have to do something with animation, programming I have no idea. But it does happen and someone should look into this.

Arekonator
06-16-2018, 03:50 AM
Breaking news, hitbox isnt perfectly aligned with the animation and got 10cm of extra range.

Also:
"I am attempting to parry attacks locked on someone else and get hit, this is so sad, can we nerf kensei?"

XJadeDragoonX
06-16-2018, 01:34 PM
Realistically, we all know kensei has more range than he should. And his attacks make him slide like he's on ice. They should probably... I don't wanna say nerf... But fix his attack boxes. Because they're obviously ****ed up

Vakris_One
06-16-2018, 02:43 PM
Realistically, we all know kensei has more range than he should. And his attacks make him slide like he's on ice. They should probably... I don't wanna say nerf... But fix his attack boxes. Because they're obviously ****ed up
Who's this "we" you speak of?

Alustar.exe
06-16-2018, 02:49 PM

What does food taste like on your planet..?

We.the.North
06-16-2018, 02:55 PM
Everything about the Kensei vs Shinobi match up is unfair. The top 1% players in the world playing Shinobi have a MASSIVE 32% win rate against Kensei :
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1880755-State-of-Balance-Season-5-Recap

- The zooming catches your dodge even backward and rolls ... and even your backflip
- The weird timing between his attacks makes it impossible for you to ranged GB him after a backflip
- ... just dont backflip against Kensei, it's useless ...

- Then there is our ******ed reflex guard bug. When you get hit by any heavy attack you tried to block too late. The stupid game system will "buffer" your guard direction to input it after you recover from the hit stun. This lead to the following Kensei light in any other direction to be 100% guaranteed. If it was the side heavy with hyper armor and insane tracking / zooming, add the light and you just received about 60 damage, more than half your health and more than your sickle rain combo.

Other points :
- The hit box on his attacks is so large he hits you even when he's attacking someone else.
- The speed in-between combo hits makes it impossible to ranged GB him after the first and often also second attack of his combo chain.
- That 500 ms insane tracking zone attack triggers me deeply.

Kensei vs Shinobi is a very unfair fight (as shown by our 32% win rate). You have less hp, less damage, poor tracking, poor timing, etc. The only way to fight him is to turtle and deflect / parry and other characters in the game are MUCH better than the Shinobi at that playstyle.

PepsiBeastin
06-16-2018, 03:59 PM
Breaking news, hitbox isnt perfectly aligned with the animation and got 10cm of extra range.

Also:
"I am attempting to parry attacks locked on someone else and get hit, this is so sad, can we nerf kensei?"

lol the hell are you talking about? I didn't try to parry someone in the clip. And yes, half a foot or more of phantom range is a problem in a game thats supposed to be based on hitboxes and animations.

PepsiBeastin
06-16-2018, 04:01 PM
Everything about the Kensei vs Shinobi match up is unfair. The top 1% players in the world playing Shinobi have a MASSIVE 32% win rate against Kensei :
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1880755-State-of-Balance-Season-5-Recap

- The zooming catches your dodge even backward and rolls ... and even your backflip
- The weird timing between his attacks makes it impossible for you to ranged GB him after a backflip
- ... just dont backflip against Kensei, it's useless ...

- Then there is our ******ed reflex guard bug. When you get hit by any heavy attack you tried to block too late. The stupid game system will "buffer" your guard direction to input it after you recover from the hit stun. This lead to the following Kensei light in any other direction to be 100% guaranteed. If it was the side heavy with hyper armor and insane tracking / zooming, add the light and you just received about 60 damage, more than half your health and more than your sickle rain combo.

Other points :
- The hit box on his attacks is so large he hits you even when he's attacking someone else.
- The speed in-between combo hits makes it impossible to ranged GB him after the first and often also second attack of his combo chain.
- That 500 ms insane tracking zone attack triggers me deeply.

Kensei vs Shinobi is a very unfair fight (as shown by our 32% win rate). You have less hp, less damage, poor tracking, poor timing, etc. The only way to fight him is to turtle and deflect / parry and other characters in the game are MUCH better than the Shinobi at that playstyle.

Didn't you hear? Apparently its okay for some characters to be hard counters to others, then the same people say nothing when that character themselves don't have a hard counter.

Alustar.exe
06-16-2018, 04:45 PM
Didn't you hear? Apparently its okay for some characters to be hard counters to others, then the same people say nothing when that character themselves don't have a hard counter.

Every character has a hard counter. If you knew more than a couple heroes in depth, you'd know this.

Vakris_One
06-16-2018, 05:22 PM
I'd say those people are wrong since every character has at least one hard counter. Conq is a hard counter to Kensei for example. As is Shugoki. Zerker also has some really strong tools to deal with a Kensei. Kensei just so happens to be a strong counter to Shinobi unlike say Warden who can't punish the Shinobi's ability to use spacing and do his in and out playstyle.

Knight_Raime
06-16-2018, 05:32 PM

Hard counters exist for most of the cast. And afaik hard counters exist in any hero/character based pvp game i've heard of or played. That doesn't mean everything about a particular match up is okay. But the idea of a hard counter existing is generally accepted.

SangLong524
06-16-2018, 10:13 PM
bad connection. Is it sporadic or it's always lag so bad? the latter is simple, upgrade your damn internet. Is that so difficult?! are you short on money? get a bank loan if your whole life depend on it.
I once had bots wailed multiple hits on me in a single strike. Obviously it was lag. you don't see me spamming sarcastic threads whining about things that isn't pleasant to deal with.

Arekonator
06-17-2018, 03:05 PM
lol the hell are you talking about? I didn't try to parry someone in the clip. And yes, half a foot or more of phantom range is a problem in a game thats supposed to be based on hitboxes and animations.

Thats funny, because we can clearly see how your characters spins the weapon as he begins the attack animation right before the first strike hits you.

Alustar.exe
06-17-2018, 04:06 PM

Either you attempted to parry, or you were an idiot and thought you were further away than you were. using that clip as a frame of reference, you were not nearly as far out of his range as you though you were.

Look at your feet, you were still within lethal range of his weapon. What got you is that the animation didn't align with the follow through of that attack properly. He hit you, it just didn't look like it cause the upper body didn't seem to flow properly. he stops short, which is likely intended, but that just seems like his body wasn't aligned correctly in the attack.

PepsiBeastin
06-17-2018, 04:48 PM
Thats funny, because we can clearly see how your characters spins the weapon as he begins the attack animation right before the first strike hits you.
Yes I was trying to throw a heavy and feint, but I had that queued up before his hit, not as a reaction to it. Besides, you say that like its a good gameplay decision that you can't parry attacks not aimed at you...

Arekonator
06-17-2018, 05:02 PM
True, its not as good decision as presenting your missplays as justification for nerfs.

PepsiBeastin
06-17-2018, 06:58 PM
True, its not as good decision as presenting your missplays as justification for nerfs.

How the f*** are you trying to blame "misplays" as justification for attacks hitting me when the actual weapon doesn't hit me? Especially in a game that's apparently supposed to be based entirely on the animations? I swear to god you're trolling.

Arekonator
06-17-2018, 07:35 PM
Because its not a norm, its an odd instance when hitbox. doesnt align with an animation. Its not kensei specific issue, it sometimes happen to basically any character. But its somehow justification to nerf kensei.

Being someone who periodically posts videos of unrelated issues or simply missplays calling for kensei nerf in every case, it takes nice lack of self-awareness to call someone else a troll.

Alustar.exe
06-17-2018, 09:29 PM
I think you need to give this up dude, you made a bad call. Regardless of slight discrepancies like this, which happen in video games, you made a mistake. You got hit. It's not the end of the world, nor is this a freak occurrence that is happening rampantly across the game all of the time. Not only that, but I highly doubt this is something exclusive to Kensei like you are trying to make it seem.

We.the.North
06-18-2018, 08:19 PM
I for one agree with Pepsi. Kensei zooming has many players feel like the game is cheating them, which is dreadful video game design. That feeling when a player with decent spacing between him and his opponent think he should be safe from an attack (because he is against 95% of the other heroes), but ungodly zooming still get him hit should not happen in a video game. Same with ungodly large hitbox.

There is something frustrating about Kensei's attack ability to track their target and it should be reduced. Kensei being near the top of the "state of balance" chart justify a small nerf to something.

Let me give you another exemple of this, Shaman GB after a heavy attack :

When any characters in the game hit you with a heavy attack, you get staggered. Then, lets say you spam light attack while you opponent spams guardbreak : normally your light attack would go off before your opponent guardbreak and you'd be the one interrupting him ... but not Shaman. I believe Shaman is one of the few (if not the only) character who will succesfully land his guardbreak before the Shinobi can throw is light attack.

Another exemple : After a PK lunge at you with his heavy attack and bleed poke, he's not fast enough to do a guardbreak like the shaman ... but his zone is so fast it'll land before you can do anything.

As a player, those kind of "safe moves" you have to learn vs every single characters in the game pisses me off. Yes, certain moves are unique to certain characters, that's fine. But when we're talking about hit recovery and guardbreak speed, there is no arguments as to why certain characters should be better at it because it's part of the "base game".

NHLGoldenKnight
06-19-2018, 01:48 AM
I am not sure if it was already mentioned earlier but there is one hero that will constantly hit you even though you are ( visually ) out of his range. That hero is Centurion with his zone. Looks plain stupid when it happens, which is always.

HazelrahFirefly
06-19-2018, 02:54 AM
I am not sure if it was already mentioned earlier but there is one hero that will constantly hit you even though you are ( visually ) out of his range. That hero is Centurion with his zone. Looks plain stupid when it happens, which is always.

Came in to say this, and the Berserker's top unblockable. That ****ing thing can be a meter away and still connect. I've learned that it's designed to hit though, and so I stop assuming I am out of range and parry it.