PDA

View Full Version : Tiandi!! What do you think?

DrinkinMyStella
06-15-2018, 09:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4ks1lOPxXY

Tiandi gameplay from 54mins.

I liked the look of Tiandi from the start, very elegant but powerful. I also had a feeling his customisation would be awesome with all the armour.

After watching the in-depth look at his kit all I can say is wow, a cross between kensei and shinobi. not only is his double dodge followed by a heavy he can cancel the dodge until he runs out of stamina. His mixup potential is scary, looks a lot of fun to play but scary to play against. The devs even made a joke and one point when they demonstrated his kick cancel saying nerf nerf because thats what everyone will cry come October. I think his will be a really strong contender in 1v1 and in 4v4 he will be more of an annoyance with that kick, your getting punched by cent then kicked by Tiandi its going to be overwhelming lol. Also he can soft feint his kick into an unblockable WTF overall he looks amazing maybe too good but guess we shall just have to wait and see.

What does everyone else think?

Siegfried-Z
06-15-2018, 09:28 AM
Hi Drinkin ;)

He looks nice and very interesting yes.

His mix-ups looks very nice but i believe it's gonna be like zerk now as he looks slow and then everything u gonna land except first lights without feinting gonna be punished ^^

And his Kick doesn't guaranteed any attacks, it is just for ledge or escaping.

btw gonna try it ;)

Lord_Cherubi
06-15-2018, 09:37 AM
And his Kick doesn't guaranteed any attacks, it is just for ledge or escaping.

Anyone else a bit disappointed by this? When i first saw it i could have sworn you could combo from that, nice to have still.

DrinkinMyStella
06-15-2018, 09:40 AM
Anyone else a bit disappointed by this? When i first saw it i could have sworn you could combo from that, nice to have still.

you cant get anything from his kick but you can soft feint his kick into anything pretty much

SpaceJim12
06-15-2018, 09:57 AM
I'll just repost my opinion after Den here.=)
From what I see, the new characters will be...too much.
Look at Shaolin. He have all best moves from old roster. Dodge heavy, special stance, counter attack on light, a lot of feints, kicks. I like it from the side of play as Shaolin, but fight against him on old character? The new Chinese Fantastic Four just can't be compared with old roster in my opinion. I just hope, that devs will rework all others. And I speak not about buffs or nerfs, but just add all new tricks and mechanics for old roster. Why Kensei can't cancel his dodge attack? Why Warden can't have all sides CC? If reworks will not happend, I'm affraid we will see Chinese wars (Dynasty Warriors?) in For Honor after 16th of October. Cause this new guys have too much to offer.

Anyway, visual still awesome. Looks, animations and customization. Great job here, devs!

DrinkinMyStella
06-15-2018, 10:10 AM
I'll just repost my opinion after Den here.=)
From what I see, the new characters will be...too much.
Look at Shaolin. He have all best moves from old roster. Dodge heavy, special stance, counter attack on light, a lot of feints, kicks. I like it from the side of play as Shaolin, but fight against him on old character? The new Chinese Fantastic Four just can't be compared with old roster in my opinion. I just hope, that devs will rework all others. And I speak not about buffs or nerfs, but just add all new tricks and mechanics for old roster. Why Kensei can't cancel his dodge attack? Why Warden can't have all sides CC? If reworks will not happend, I'm affraid we will see Chinese wars (Dynasty Warriors?) in For Honor after 16th of October. Cause this new guys have too much to offer.

Anyway, visual still awesome. Looks, animations and customization. Great job here, devs!

When the new faction arrive in October it will really test our skill to be able to react to all their soft feints and light attacks, it will be like facing cent and shinobi again but more stronger

SpaceJim12
06-15-2018, 11:21 AM
When the new faction arrive in October it will really test our skill to be able to react to all their soft feints and light attacks, it will be like facing cent and shinobi again but more stronger

Or we could stand on side of new chars.=)
I'm not sure about Shaolin. Tiandi looks pretty cool. Can't wait to kick people here and there. But still it's just metter of time to get used to movesets of new heroes. I just hope old roster will get new mechanics and moves as well. I still wat to play as Warden and LB, cause I in love with badass knights.

DrinkinMyStella
06-15-2018, 11:23 AM
I will still play my kensei and im trying to rep him up but defiantly will make tiandi a main.

Helnekromancer
06-15-2018, 04:07 PM
His Kick will definitely help when you are out numbered or when the enemy is pressuring you, similar to Glad's toe stab, it's a good way to hard stop a players momentum in a fight.

Knight_Raime
06-15-2018, 04:32 PM
Tiandi will probs be pretty great in 4's. I am more interested to see how he will play out in duels since dodge based attacks are never very great to rely on in a 1v1 and half of this guys thing comes from dodge canceling.

DrinkinMyStella
06-15-2018, 04:43 PM
Tiandi will probs be pretty great in 4's. I am more interested to see how he will play out in duels since dodge based attacks are never very great to rely on in a 1v1 and half of this guys thing comes from dodge canceling.

I think in 1v1 will be where he shines the most imo because his dodge cancels can be soft feinted into lights or the punch or kick so his mixup potential is crazy, but who knows once people start catching on how to play him he might be predictable but after watching his mixups I was trying to figure out what he could do that would bait me and he has a lot of potential.

Knight_Raime
06-15-2018, 05:20 PM
I think in 1v1 will be where he shines the most imo because his dodge cancels can be soft feinted into lights or the punch or kick so his mixup potential is crazy, but who knows once people start catching on how to play him he might be predictable but after watching his mixups I was trying to figure out what he could do that would bait me and he has a lot of potential.

Everytime he cancel's his dodge is an opportunity for him to be interrupted with a GB or fast attack. Not to mention his dodge heavy is 1200ms. Which for reference is slower than raiders zone. It's always going to have to be canceled in a duel. So one can easily stand and wait to see what the person cancels to. If he empty dodges he can be Gbed due to the recovery. If he dodges into his light it can be blocked on reaction. Meaning the only option he will have is the kick. The kick is 600ms which puts it on par with reacting to centurions kick. However the kick doesn't confirm any damage unless there is a surface near by to splat them on. So his kick landing has no threat to the player normally. And since it's centurions kick timing we can wait and see if he sticks to it and dodge for GB or see what he cancels into.

He can cancel into another dash heavy which won't land. Or he can cancel it into a dodge light. And the dodge lights can't be canceled. So a patient player will be able to pick apart that mix up in a 1v1. Which is why I said his dodge mix up game won't work in 1v1. Now if he could cancel into his palm hit during any of that it would be viable.

Vakris_One
06-15-2018, 05:20 PM
He looks like he will be tricky to punish for dodging out of stuff though. Like the traditional response is to GB someone who dodges a lot but Tiandi can answer that with a light. Seems like he can protect his dodging from GBs much better than any character we've gotten so far which makes sense since Tiandi is based around dodging to do his mind games. He'll have a problem doing that against characters with hyper armour like Zerk and maybe other dodge attackers. In fact I think Zerker will be a hard counter to Tiandi.

Any idea on how fast his dodge light is? It looked like it is 500ms to me.

Knight_Raime
06-15-2018, 05:26 PM
He looks like he will be tricky to punish for dodging out of stuff though. Like the traditional response is to GB someone who dodges a lot but Tiandi can answer that with a light. Seems like he can protect his dodging from GBs much better than any character we've gotten so far which makes sense since Tiandi is based around dodging to do his mind games. He'll have a problem doing that against characters with hyper armour like Zerk and maybe other dodge attackers. In fact I think Zerker will be a hard counter to Tiandi.

Any idea on how fast his dodge light is? It looked like it is 500ms to me.

When factoring in the dodge cancel and the added latency to the attack it seems to be around 600ms. according to Freeze's frame data. Which means it's fast enough to cancel into to catch most actions since 600ms is the sweet spot for being able to avoid and punish most things. The issue is Tiandi has nothing to threaten with from his dodge in a 1v1 that would force a turtle to do something. If his kick confirmed damage in a normal situation or he was able to cancel into his palm strike from his dodge then it would be a threat. Because his palm is fast and guarantees a light.

NHLGoldenKnight
06-15-2018, 05:54 PM
Based od videos, I don't like his kick. It seems too much and completely unrealistic. Sending guys flying 15 feet away with kick is highly unlikely and visually looks plain stupid.

Now, there is one good thing about it because most likely we will be able to get up after the kick without getting hit again. That is a good news.
Bad news is, maps are relatively small and full of walls and even worse, ledges are everywhere. Getting kicked by this guy and falling down the ledge that was 15-20 feet behine you will be ridiculous. It will bring a lot of salt and completely justified if I may say so.

Knight_Raime
06-15-2018, 05:57 PM
Based od videos, I don't like his kick. It seems too much and completely unrealistic. Sending guys flying 15 feet away with kick is highly unlikely and visually looks plain stupid.

Now, there is one good thing about it because most likely we will be able to get up after the kick without getting hit again. That is a good news.
Bad news is, maps are relatively small and full of walls and even worse, ledges are everywhere. Getting kicked by this guy and falling down the ledge that was 15-20 feet behine you will be ridiculous. It will bring a lot of salt and completely justified if I may say so.

For honor isn't meant to be realistic. There are tons of things I could point out to you that are not. It's a fantasy fighter. Not a medieval simulator.
And also the kick is 100% reactable. If you're near a ledge or other insta kill surface all you have to do is be mindful of it.

NHLGoldenKnight
06-15-2018, 06:28 PM
Why are you guys so defensive when it comes to over the top moves in this game? Of course it is not realistic, it is a video game. But it doesn't have to completely unrealistic, get the difference?

As far as we know, For Honor is still universe where basic laws of physics apply and men bleed and they die. Having a guy who can kick 240 lbs guy 15+ feet away is completely ridiculous. 100 lbs Shaman throwing 240 lbs guys around is even more over the top. Completely pathetic when it comes to immersion.

Knight_Raime
06-15-2018, 06:33 PM
Why are you guys so defensive when it comes to over the top moves in this game? Of course it is not realistic, it is a video game. But it doesn't have to completely unrealistic, get the difference?

As far as we know, For Honor is still universe where basic laws of physics apply and men bleed and they die. Having a guy who can kick 240 lbs guy 15+ feet away is completely ridiculous. 100 lbs Shaman throwing 240 lbs guys around is even more over the top. Completely pathetic when it comes to immersion.

I mean. it's immersion breaking to me to see people cut through plate mail like it's butter. Or seeing the raider barely clothed. Or combat in general. Since I actually took fencing and know more than a thing or two when it comes to combat with blades. That doesn't mean i'm going to get upset about other stuff not making sense.

bannex19
06-15-2018, 06:43 PM
The Shaolin better die in 4 lights because he's going to so obnoxiously OP it will destroy the game.

Part of me feels like they're launching this roster to kill the game so they can stop doing warriors dens.

Knight_Raime
06-15-2018, 06:47 PM
The Shaolin better die in 4 lights because he's going to so obnoxiously OP it will destroy the game.

Part of me feels like they're launching this roster to kill the game so they can stop doing warriors dens.

He's got standard assassin health despite being a hybrid character. On top of that he also has reflex guard.
He doesn't have any soft feints either. So he can't trick you into anything mid attack. And half of his kit comes from his qui stance.
So realistically speaking if you can keep him out of the stance he'll have a hard time doing anything.

bannex19
06-15-2018, 06:49 PM
Isn't QI stance achieved through light attacks?

NHLGoldenKnight
06-15-2018, 06:56 PM
I mean. it's immersion breaking to me to see people cut through plate mail like it's butter. Or seeing the raider barely clothed. Or combat in general. Since I actually took fencing and know more than a thing or two when it comes to combat with blades. That doesn't mean i'm going to get upset about other stuff not making sense.

Well, I agree. That is exactly reason we should get upset and if we did that from the very beginning, maybe developers would pay more attention to game being at least somewhat realistic, just basic physics and logic, nothing more.

But every time someone was complaining about those issues, everyone would get into defensive mode and shut down any chance of reasonable conversation which could have led to little more realistic game. I am not asking for a simulator but 100 lbs heroes throwing around 240 lbs heroes is ridiculous in a sense that completely takes advantage of picking big guy to begin with. Just my opinion.

However, they were able to make Shugoki feel like a big guy, I would like to see same principle when it comes to Warlord, Lawbringer, maybe couple of more. For instance, no assassin should be able to GB any class ( or any logical list of heroes that are much larger) except for another assassin.

Knight_Raime
06-15-2018, 07:15 PM
Isn't QI stance achieved through light attacks?

qi stance can be gotten from any attack that's not a chain ender. So most of the attacks in qi stance can't be entered into. and the final strike of his death point strike/alternate.
He can also enter it from deflecting.

NHLGoldenKnight
06-15-2018, 07:23 PM
I like the fact that they gave him Dao, it makes him unique and it complements his playing style but I hope that in the future, twe see Jian sword as well. It is equally popular as Dao ( which doesn't have to be a sword) but it is even more represented in popular culture. And elegant looking.

Now while I am thinking, people were asking for a pirate. So Dao could have been weapon of a Chinese pirate who were popular and Jian could have been used by different guy who would be Vanguard. I am confusing myself right now. :)

Knight_Raime
06-15-2018, 07:25 PM
Well, I agree. That is exactly reason we should get upset and if we did that from the very beginning, maybe developers would pay more attention to game being at least somewhat realistic, just basic physics and logic, nothing more.

But every time someone was complaining about those issues, everyone would get into defensive mode and shut down any chance of reasonable conversation which could have led to little more realistic game. I am not asking for a simulator but 100 lbs heroes throwing around 240 lbs heroes is ridiculous in a sense that completely takes advantage of picking big guy to begin with. Just my opinion.

However, they were able to make Shugoki feel like a big guy, I would like to see same principle when it comes to Warlord, Lawbringer, maybe couple of more. For instance, no assassin should be able to GB any class ( or any logical list of heroes that are much larger) except for another assassin.

I can't agree. I would think that particular suggestion would hamper gameplay too much. And how is goki made to feel like a big guy?

NHLGoldenKnight
06-15-2018, 07:31 PM
I can't agree. I would think that particular suggestion would hamper gameplay too much. And how is goki made to feel like a big guy?

Well, I never played him so I am not familiar with his moves and tools he's got, but I don't see him being kicked 15 feets away. It gives impression of a strong big guy.

Knight_Raime
06-15-2018, 07:38 PM
Well, I never played him so I am not familiar with his moves and tools he's got, but I don't see him being kicked 15 feets away. It gives impression of a strong big guy.

Nah he's thrown just as far as everyone else. Mechanics are not really heavily impacted by character choice. His theme of being sumo like (imo) is covered by his passive armor making him not flinch from a first hit and how his pacing constantly puts things back into neutral. like his headbutt destroys stamina which means you are cautious because being out of stamina is bad. This gives goki some breathing room.

I don't agree with how his kit works though. I think he should get armor on his attacks. So trading isn't brain dead. and he can re earn his passive armor by landing demons embrace everytime it gets knocked off. And he could still just take reduced damage from opening hits. thus keeping his tanky feeling.

NHLGoldenKnight
06-15-2018, 08:18 PM
Nah he's thrown just as far as everyone else. Mechanics are not really heavily impacted by character choice. His theme of being sumo like (imo) is covered by his passive armor making him not flinch from a first hit and how his pacing constantly puts things back into neutral. like his headbutt destroys stamina which means you are cautious because being out of stamina is bad. This gives goki some breathing room.

I don't agree with how his kit works though. I think he should get armor on his attacks. So trading isn't brain dead. and he can re earn his passive armor by landing demons embrace everytime it gets knocked off. And he could still just take reduced damage from opening hits. thus keeping his tanky feeling.

Silly question, but does he have something that stops others from GB him?

In all honesty, I have never seen him on his @ss unless revenge is activated.

Also, I tried to do impale charge and he didn't even move. I face Shogos very rarely so I have limited experience fighting him but if he was imune to Lawbringers charge, then I really like that because it kinda makes sense. It is the same thing I would like to see across the classes. That based on your size, your hero can do some things ( or be imune) that other hero can't. And vise versa.

Knight_Raime
06-15-2018, 08:23 PM
Silly question, but does he have something that stops others from GB him?

In all honesty, I have never seen him on his @ss unless revenge is activated.

Also, I tried to do impale charge and he didn't even move. I face Shogos very rarely so I have limited experience fighting him but if he was imune to Lawbringers charge, then I really like that because it kinda makes sense. It is the same thing I would like to see across the classes. That based on your size, your hero can do some things ( or be imune) that other hero can't. And vise versa.

He has passive armor. it's different than regular armored attacks. It prevents him from being CCed by basically anything. But it only takes one hit. The armor doesn't prevent him from being GBed though. it's usually what people do to remove the armor. But it comes back naturally. I think it's something like 7 seconds if he doesn't take any damage after it's removed. and like 10-12 if he does take damage.

EDIT: he does have a feat in 4v4 which prevents him from being thrown though.

RenegadeTX2000
06-15-2018, 08:27 PM
Tiandi is just a solid hero... in 1v1's half his moveset won't be used. Lol, you will see his full moveset utilized more in 4v4's though.

Shaolin just looks like a monster as i expected... Only the good ones will be worth having on a team... Tiandi will give quick and easy wins in 4v4's though.

I need to see the Heavy from this faction though, his potential in 4v4's is calling to me.

NHLGoldenKnight
06-15-2018, 08:36 PM
I think I will like him as well, aside for that kick of his which I will comment on once we get the update.

Vanguards are my cup of tea, and it is gonna be fun leveling up this guy if I come back to For Honor. I like armor sets as well, from serious armored warrior to Mongolian nomad.