PDA

View Full Version : Boontybox is not working

jsd23
09-21-2006, 09:15 AM
I paid for the Pe-2 addon, received emails from the ubi shop containing a link to Boonty and the activation key, installed BoontyBox, but it didn't automatically download the addon.

Why, why, why can't they use Flight1's download wrapper? Download the encrypted product and the Flight1 wrapper, give it your card details when you run it, it receives/generates a key file which decodes and installs the product you've already downloaded. It works excellently.

Bah.

Edit: ahh, this is interesting. I have two ubi accounts? I didn't know that.

How is Boonty meant to know which file to download anyway?

I'm PhilipsCDRW and I don't remember why I have this account.

jsd23
09-21-2006, 09:15 AM
I paid for the Pe-2 addon, received emails from the ubi shop containing a link to Boonty and the activation key, installed BoontyBox, but it didn't automatically download the addon.

Why, why, why can't they use Flight1's download wrapper? Download the encrypted product and the Flight1 wrapper, give it your card details when you run it, it receives/generates a key file which decodes and installs the product you've already downloaded. It works excellently.

Bah.

Edit: ahh, this is interesting. I have two ubi accounts? I didn't know that.

How is Boonty meant to know which file to download anyway?

I'm PhilipsCDRW and I don't remember why I have this account.

Philipscdrw
09-22-2006, 08:30 AM
24 hours later, and no reply... grrr. I should have waited for the boxed version.

Haigotron
09-22-2006, 08:34 AM
Boontybox not working? Good riddance I say!

ok fine, try this topic:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9691071834

Philipscdrw
09-22-2006, 09:34 AM
I've found one guy who couldn't download the Pe-2 file so far - and there wasn't a solution which I could see.

This is incredibly frustrating. This is the sort of migraine-inducing pantomime that could drive an honest man to use an illegal website to aquire the product he's paid for but not received. Not that I would do such a thing - my patience is not exhausted. Yet.

Edit: I'm going to try installing a second copy of 4.04m, that might work.

Philipscdrw
09-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Now I'm very angry. I've paid 9.99 to the Ubi shop and the product hasn't worked. But from here: http://iol.boonty.com/fiche.php?intIdGame=120372 Pe-2 is sold for 9.99 euros! I was assured that this package was EXCLUSIVELY available from the Ubi shop!

In protest, I will black out the U, B, F, T and " of the assorted 'Ubisoft' t-shirts I got from the Weybridge sale, using marker pen.

El Turo
09-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Still running 4.04m here, for this very reason. Noooo thanks.

Philipscdrw
09-22-2006, 10:59 AM
Here's something interesting - if I download Boobybox with Opera, it gives me one file, but if I use IE I get another...

And it's all in French! Progress!

It's downloading the file. I think I unchecked all the right options. 40 min to download now.

Edit: It works! Huzzah! Now I'm going to backup all the files it installs to CD-R so I won't need any more faffing about with Boobybox or Ubi Shop.