PDA

View Full Version : Enable a feature to switch between Third Person Shooter to First person shooter.

kaladuta
06-14-2018, 11:19 AM
I have a suggestion to The Division developers team. Is it possible to create a function to make division 2 as "first-person shooter as well as a third-person shooter" as per need persists?

Also, can you make a feature enable that makes one shot kill for the user who wants to make his game one shot kill and similarly authorized all the DMZ player to kill him in one shot as well?

Situation 1)

switch(n) {

case first_person_shoter:
change view
break;
case third_person_shoter:
change_view
break;
default:
default_view
}

Situation 2)
if{
one_shot(enable){
players_can(one_shot_kill)
}

}

OeilBlanc86
06-14-2018, 03:47 PM
sorry to break your bubble but The Divison is entirely a third person shooter. The mechanics around the game will make just nearly impossible for a FPS adaptation.

This is a spongy bullet video game and is not likely to change.

BOT_Coyote
06-14-2018, 09:23 PM
I have a suggestion to The Division developers team. Is it possible to create a function to make division 2 as "first-person shooter as well as a third-person shooter" as per need persists?

Proper, fully fledged first person mode takes more effort than just slapping a camera onto character's face. Besides assets, especially in terms of things that would be constantly or frequently on the screen like weapons or arms (which are extremely detailed but by TPP standards, there's a reason the vast majority of games uses separate view and world models for FPP/TPP).

Also, can you make a feature enable that makes one shot kill for the user who wants to make his game one shot kill and similarly authorized all the DMZ player to kill him in one shot as well?

This is perhaps the worst idea that ever surfaced on the forums, all of the mechanics and technicalities are fundamentally unsuited for "instakill" gameplay.

Situation 1)

switch(n) {

case first_person_shoter:
change view
break;
case third_person_shoter:
change_view
break;
default:
default_view
}

Situation 2)
if{
one_shot(enable){
players_can(one_shot_kill)
}

}

This pseudocode at least gave me a good chuckle.

Sash0_
06-15-2018, 06:59 AM
This feature was asking since Closed Beta of TheDiviision 1. The response was "it will break the immersion". But having option to switch in FP mode will facilitate a lot the PvP.

Sash0_
06-15-2018, 07:03 AM
The mechanics around the game will make just nearly impossible for a FPS adaptation.

If you referring to the cover mechanic. This not an issue. Since such game has been exist for almost 5 years. Even had a competitive scene. Google Ghost Recon Phantoms and you can see mixture of Third-Person with FPS.

ViRGiNExpress
02-24-2019, 04:00 PM
Which is precisely why I won't buy it....3rd person games are inherently unskilled games - that allow you visual perspectives that are not afforded to the FPPOV. I'm more about realism than play style - leaving strategy and tactics to aid in realism rather than seeing an enemy becuase your 3rd person perspective allows for it...

MrPecktacular
02-24-2019, 04:15 PM
Unskilled, you say? Hmm. And here I thought cooperation and teamwork were definitely skillset items when it comes to TPP games but I guess, since no skill is involved, they don't make many of them. Or do they?

I'm an FPS fan myself, played a lot of CoD and Siege over the years, but it's a different style of game. Just because it's different from what you like, doesn't mean that it's not viable or a good game.

III_Hammer_III
02-24-2019, 04:20 PM
Go buy a set of horse blinders, and put them on while playing TD2. Same difference. :cool:

III_Hammer_III
02-24-2019, 04:32 PM
Which is precisely why I won't buy it....3rd person games are inherently unskilled games - that allow you visual perspectives that are not afforded to the FPPOV.
As long as it is a leveled playing field, it doesn't matter. It is still skill that determines the outcome.

I'm more about realism than play style.
This argument comes up a lot, about FPV being "realistic". It is not. I prefer playing TPV games because I have not found a single FPV game that doesn't feel like my toon has horse blinders on, no one's vision bobbles when they run, and if you shoot, especially if you do run and gun drills, the gun play/handling in FPV is just awful. And if you are left handed, well....