PDA

View Full Version : Talent Descriptions in Division 2 need to be changed!

Ambyli
06-14-2018, 02:58 AM
Personally I am really excited for Division 2 and it looks like a great game with a lot of depth in creating your own builds with the gear that will be available.

Now, there have been a lot of mechanics shown off in the past few days thanks to the devs streaming the game and showing off what will be available. However, there is one major problem that I've seen through out the streams, which was also a major problem in Division 1, being the descriptions of talents.

For instance a talent which was found on a shotgun is described as being active when "Kills up close make your next shot do more damage". This honestly is a terrible description and makes you ask questions such as "How close is close enough?" and "How much damage is increased damage?" which are very nice things to know when min maxing gear to get the best performance out of your build. I mean you know that the gun talent has to activate per a certain distance that is "close" so why not just write that specific distance in the description.

As another example, there was one more talent described on gear that "increased player movement for 2 seconds after a melee if your armor was less than 60,000" which isnt necessarily a poor description (except for how much of an increase in speed you get) but has large problems when it comes to future content in regards to stats based on the level of the character. Like does that flat 60,000 requirement adjust on higher level gear when our armor increases per level?

Now the reason I'm making this "PSA" is to try and make these descriptions be more specific to what they originally described to do. I also want to see these changes made before the release date as said before this was a problem in Division 1 for a great time and never had it fixed till nearly update 1.5~ and up.

Hopefully the devs read this and recognize this being a problem for the future playerbase as soon as possible otherwise this would just create extra work for them in the future if this were to cause problems later. I want this game to succeed and I loved Division 1 and love the genre. Fixing these problems will cause less confusion when looking at gear and make it easier for the devs to adjust things in future updates.

Thanks!

Trippul G
06-14-2018, 03:27 AM
Personally I am really excited for Division 2 and it looks like a great game with a lot of depth in creating your own builds with the gear that will be available.

Now, there have been a lot of mechanics shown off in the past few days thanks to the devs streaming the game and showing off what will be available. However, there is one major problem that I've seen through out the streams, which was also a major problem in Division 1, being the descriptions of talents.

For instance a talent which was found on a shotgun is described as being active when "Kills up close make your next shot do more damage". This honestly is a terrible description and makes you ask questions such as "How close is close enough?" and "How much damage is increased damage?" which are very nice things to know when min maxing gear to get the best performance out of your build. I mean you know that the gun talent has to activate per a certain distance that is "close" so why not just write that specific distance in the description.

As another example, there was one more talent described on gear that "increased player movement for 2 seconds after a melee if your armor was less than 60,000" which isnt necessarily a poor description (except for how much of an increase in speed you get) but has large problems when it comes to future content in regards to stats based on the level of the character. Like does that flat 60,000 requirement adjust on higher level gear when our armor increases per level?

Now the reason I'm making this "PSA" is to try and make these descriptions be more specific to what they originally described to do. I also want to see these changes made before the release date as said before this was a problem in Division 1 for a great time and never had it fixed till nearly update 1.5~ and up.

Hopefully the devs read this and recognize this being a problem for the future playerbase as soon as possible otherwise this would just create extra work for them in the future if this were to cause problems later. I want this game to succeed and I loved Division 1 and love the genre. Fixing these problems will cause less confusion when looking at gear and make it easier for the devs to adjust things in future updates.

Thanks!

I get what you're saying, but remember that this is a super-early build of just one small area within the game. I'm sure a lot of what was shown is just stand-in data and descriptions of things, and a great deal of it will be changed and refined before a full alpha build is done. Then it'll be changed and refined some more between alpha and beta, and even more between beta and release.

In short, I wouldn't worry too much about it right now.

Ambyli
06-14-2018, 04:00 AM
I mean youre not wrong but this was a problem in Divison 1 too.

The Bullfrog's talent was vague.
The Capable talent never got changed "Using a skill improves the handling of your weapon for 5 seconds".

Trippul G
06-14-2018, 04:04 AM
I mean youre not wrong but this was a problem in Divison 1 too.

The Bullfrog's talent was vague.
The Capable talent never got changed "Using a skill improves the handling of your weapon for 5 seconds".

No, you're absolutely right, I know. I doubt it's gone unnoticed by the developers. The question is, how much of a priority will it be to get better descriptions made, and will it fall through the cracks in favor of getting other, higher-priority things completed before launch? Just have to wait and see.