PDA

View Full Version : Smarter AI?

Label07
06-14-2018, 01:40 AM
I would like each battle to play more methodically.

AI trying to flank, smartly move to cover. When a character/enemy gets downed (friendly or AI) a different condition is met.

- Player downed, AI starts moving in or flanking where the downed player is.
- AI downed, AI regroups or changes tactics, calls reinforcements? (can be interrupted?)

I don't like how enemies in D1 are just spongy trash. I want to be challenged...

Goo-Goo-Man
06-14-2018, 01:52 AM
True Sons are a lot smarter as confirmed by Drew Cena.

Gweadobane
06-14-2018, 02:28 AM
Yeah better A1 is always good......surely though True Sons are not the only faction in DC though, I'm guessing they might be like the rioters or something ie the first group you encounter which leads onto the equivalent LMB for DC - some seriously bad dudes (and dudettes).

Goo-Goo-Man
06-14-2018, 02:34 AM
The True Sons are the end-campaign bad dudes as illustrated in the trailer so I’m assuming they are the LMB equivalent. Yes there will be more factions at Level 1 onwards but if there are meaner factions out there I think they would have been mentioned in the cinematic trailer.

Gweadobane
06-14-2018, 02:52 AM
The True Sons are the end-campaign bad dudes as illustrated in the trailer so I’m assuming they are the LMB equivalent. Yes there will be more factions at Level 1 onwards but if there are meaner factions out there I think they would have been mentioned in the cinematic trailer.

Ah yes....can also see as we wander around having some opportunist losers we have to engage like the scene near the gate after the kid throws the paper plane over. Some random gal with a guy rob some poor b*astard of water then undoubtedly shoot him.

Label07
06-14-2018, 04:39 AM
Even LMB were pretty stupid...

Problem in D1 was, enemies knew they were more powerful than you and could soak your damage no problem, so they just effortlessly meandered toward the player. I envision a battle of attrition between the player and EVERY engagement, where tactics and proper use of skills is necessary, regardless of AI or human-players. No more of the crap from the first game, zig-zag b-line and start shooting point blank.

BOT_Coyote
06-14-2018, 09:00 AM
Even LMB were pretty stupid...
Problem in D1 was, enemies knew they were more powerful than you and could soak your damage no problem, so they just effortlessly meandered toward the player.

LMB were cocky and aggressive, they were programmed to constantly pressure the player and to take the initiative. The AI wasn't magically self-aware and knew then could just shrug all of the damage and take the player down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYQQRIY_zcM

I envision a battle of attrition between the player and EVERY engagement, where tactics and proper use of skills is necessary, regardless of AI or human-players. No more of the crap from the first game, zig-zag b-line and start shooting point blank.

Yeah, it'd work against enemies that are in similarly bad situation compared to other factions struggling for resources, if a rich faction that had not to worry about anything but territory it'd make sense for them to be more aggressive and pay less attention to attrition as they could overwhelm and blitzkrieg the opposition.