PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Starter Edition stuttering issue.

colinb1367
06-13-2018, 08:06 PM
Hello,

So I downloaded the free starter edition but when I play the game it stutters constantly, it's unplayable. Is there a solution to this? Anyone having the same issue?

Halvtand
06-13-2018, 08:39 PM
Hi!
Have you tried the usual solutions of updating your graphics card, playing around with options and restarting?
Is the stuttering tied to framerate or is the frame rate constant? (Uplay has a built-in FPS-counter that you can activate to keep track of this). Does it happen on every level or only some? All modes?

So basically, please give us some more info.

colinb1367
06-17-2018, 12:45 PM
Hello,

Thanks for replying, I'm using latest nvidia driver, this is the only game on my PC that has stuttering, I have FC5 and it plays fine. I tried the uplay FPS counter and the framerate is all over the place.
I tried borderless, windowed mode, lowering the graphics changing resolution but the same stuttering. It starts immediately from when the titles load like when the nvidia logo loads up it's stuttering then and there is a delay when scrolling in the menus to change options, weird. Glad I didn't pay for this!

Halvtand
06-17-2018, 07:36 PM
Hello again!
Some Ubisoft-titles have problems with multiple input devices, specifically multiple plugged-in controllers. My own experience in this was an Xbox360-controller plugged in (unused) which caused stuttering when I connected my DS4.
Please make sure that you have unplugged any unused controllers before starting the game. If you are using the DS4 and a program such as Xinput, also consider disabling the program. At least on Win10 For Honor can recognise your controller natively (via both bluetooth and USB-cable). If this doesn't work I'd have a look at other devices plugged in while gaming. I don't know if stuff like drawing pads or something else can confuse the game. If you can't get it working, please check back in and we'll see what else we can do.