PDA

View Full Version : Mission Mode Idea: Defend Secure Area

AXwacK_CQB
06-13-2018, 02:38 PM
Massive/Redstorm!! Congrats on the game. Beautiful work as always. Can't wait. Please, though, don't let me wait two years to get a balanced release of the game. 1.3 => 1,.8.2 player from PS4 to PC. Loved Division.

Here is a game mode taken from RB6. I love RB6.

Perhaps you can have a mode where we can maintain a secure area at the tail end of a mission or in its own mode where you prep the area with traps and skills, like in RB6, and maintain the area for a period of time.

In short, if crafting is around, perhaps we can craft skills like bear traps, entry denial devices, JAger Magpies, barricades.. I know coding this would be a pain but would love to see some variety and x-over.

Keep up the great work!

RushLoongHammer
06-13-2018, 03:22 PM
The video of gameplay showing the team taking the critical point, I wonder if the True Sons can attack and take it back from the civilians.
If so that'd be kool, I suspect this is how it works.
Maybe the map highlights flashing red with ISAC relaying a civilians radio call for help to defend the critical point

Goo-Goo-Man
06-13-2018, 03:40 PM
The video of gameplay showing the team taking the critical point, I wonder if the True Sons can attack and take it back from the civilians.
If so that'd be kool, I suspect this is how it works.

Me too.

The success of the True Sons will then obviously depend on the well-being of the commmunity being attacked and that’s where you, the Player, comes in.

It’s up to you to liberate them first, and when done, to keep them supplied (as illustrated in the gameplay footage) so that they can continue to thrive. If you neglect them, they fall and visa versa.

Now the danger here is how they elect to implement this mechanic. If done crudely it will really be bad. At present the transfer of commodities is very rudimentary and I sincerely hope that will be further polished and refined, maybe an animation of crates being delivered or the like as opposed to a simple inventory screen.