PDA

View Full Version : Loot Boxes and Microtransaction

Lt.Black-Fire
06-13-2018, 01:02 PM
So reading more into the game, and watching multiple videos a few question came in mind.

We all know that the division 1 had a loot box vendor, but it was only cosmetic, and am pretty fine with that. But it occurred to me and this is just a speculation, if we get 3 "Episodes=DLC" for free in the first 9 months of the game, wouldn't a game company find another way to pay for them? i know i'm not the one to ask this, but i wonder how will a company pay for those free dlcs? maybe it's just generous of them and i shouldn't be worried. I only hope that the division doesn't have Microtransaction and loot boxes which give an advantage to the player who pay for it over who doesn't...

i Had enough games ruined by Microtransactions in that form, and i don't want to add the division to it.

This is open discussion if anyone have any ideas or notes he can write it down. :)

agentCoats
06-13-2018, 01:37 PM
So reading more into the game, and watching multiple videos a few question came in mind.

We all know that the division 1 had a loot box vendor, but it was only cosmetic, and am pretty fine with that. But it occurred to me and this is just a speculation, if we get 3 "Episodes=DLC" for free in the first 9 months of the game, wouldn't a game company find another way to pay for them? i know i'm not the one to ask this, but i wonder how will a company pay for those free dlcs? maybe it's just generous of them and i shouldn't be worried. I only hope that the division doesn't have Microtransaction and loot boxes which give an advantage to the player who pay for it over who doesn't...

i Had enough games ruined by Microtransactions in that form, and i don't want to add the division to it.

This is open discussion if anyone have any ideas or notes he can write it down. :)

It all depends I guess. If they sell more units on day/week 1 than they did with TD1 they probably have factored in a rolling release of content, rather than have the 1 lump at the start and then only season pass content that splits the community..... something the head honcho said they wanted to avoid in one of the vids/interviews. If thats the case the its entirely likely they will stick to vanity stuff being on sale (and some freely available in game) so that players can support by buying one or two items or more, or not if they so choose.

Im still hoping we will see some of these add. modes come into the game though mainly pve. The pvp stuff will hopefully not be need as the dz will be a more enjoyable arena to play than it was previously. Resistance, Survival and UG (or an alternative) would be nice add ons.... maybe in year 2 or later. I guess well have to wait and see.

gt2k
06-13-2018, 01:45 PM
It will be similar to TD1. They might make it so there isn't caches to where you don't know what you are getting. You like this and you buy it, none of that open 50 boxes for a chance for it.

Eval_Hell
06-13-2018, 06:24 PM
I'm totally fine with loots boxes/micro-transactions being in game as long as they're cosmetic only like in the first game.