PDA

View Full Version : Hands On The Demo At E3

timdub151
06-13-2018, 10:07 AM
I played the demo about 5 times today and from what Iíve played so far, I honestly feel like the Massive is headed in the right direction.

The game seems a little sluggish at times, but thatís to be expected with this early access. All the weapons from all 3 playable classes seemed to be balanced. The power weapons were amazing. My favorite class so far is Demolition.

The mission is a pretty short but still fun. And then thereís the graphics, which are phenomenal. The game is setup on Xbox One X and it looks the same as what they showed during the presentation.

Iím going to continue to play it tomorrow as much as I can to really be able to dissect it more, but so far I love it.

Riflemania
06-13-2018, 10:12 AM
#jealous

Ubi-Johan
06-13-2018, 10:56 AM
Glad that you liked it and thanks for sharing your hands-on experience with the community.

/ Johan

joelsantos24
06-13-2018, 11:12 AM
Glad that you liked it and thanks for sharing your hands-on experience with the community.

/ Johan
I assume we're not going to get to see PS4 Pro footage?

agentCoats
06-13-2018, 11:50 AM
I played the demo about 5 times today and from what I’ve played so far, I honestly feel like the Massive is headed in the right direction.

The game seems a little sluggish at times, but that’s to be expected with this early access. All the weapons from all 3 playable classes seemed to be balanced. The power weapons were amazing. My favorite class so far is Demolition.

The mission is a pretty short but still fun. And then there’s the graphics, which are phenomenal. The game is setup on Xbox One X and it looks the same as what they showed during the presentation.

I’m going to continue to play it tomorrow as much as I can to really be able to dissect it more, but so far I love it.

Im sorry but until the underclass of the gaming community come into contact with the new game and find out how to reduce the gameplay dynamics to their lowest common denominator we will not know for sure just how "balanced" the game is. However I do agree its been pretty positive so far but thats to be expected - showcasing the game isnt intended to show off its bad points is it! :)

SevenNVD
06-13-2018, 11:59 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/8ed1937983130d16af973c705fb9c6fa/tenor.gif?itemid=8350582

XahRith16
06-13-2018, 12:07 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/8ed1937983130d16af973c705fb9c6fa/tenor.gif?itemid=8350582

Hubba Hubba

timdub151
06-13-2018, 02:52 PM
Im sorry but until the underclass of the gaming community come into contact with the new game and find out how to reduce the gameplay dynamics to their lowest common denominator we will not know for sure just how "balanced" the game is. However I do agree its been pretty positive so far but thats to be expected - showcasing the game isnt intended to show off its bad points is it! :)

I should have explained what I meant more clearly!! When I said balanced, I meant the TTK was in line across all the classes. Each class starts with different classes of weapons, and each one of them felt just as powerful as the other. This was strictly on NPC as weíve heard nor seen anything on the PVP side of the house.

I agree that we need to see more to truly use the word balanced, but based on my time with the demo, these were my thoughts!

I hope that helps some!

agentCoats
06-13-2018, 03:05 PM
I should have explained what I meant more clearly!! When I said balanced, I meant the TTK was in line across all the classes. Each class starts with different classes of weapons, and each one of them felt just as powerful as the other. This was strictly on NPC as we’ve heard nor seen anything on the PVP side of the house.

I agree that we need to see more to truly use the word balanced, but based on my time with the demo, these were my thoughts!

I hope that helps some!

Every little helps Id imagine. :)

gt2k
06-13-2018, 04:03 PM
I played the demo about 5 times today and from what I’ve played so far, I honestly feel like the Massive is headed in the right direction.

The game seems a little sluggish at times, but that’s to be expected with this early access. All the weapons from all 3 playable classes seemed to be balanced. The power weapons were amazing. My favorite class so far is Demolition.

The mission is a pretty short but still fun. And then there’s the graphics, which are phenomenal. The game is setup on Xbox One X and it looks the same as what they showed during the presentation.

I’m going to continue to play it tomorrow as much as I can to really be able to dissect it more, but so far I love it.

They did hook it to a console? Wow shocked by that.

Did you see anything involving the 3 main stats? Everything that I have seen I didn't notice them anywhere.

Trippul G
06-13-2018, 04:56 PM
The game is setup on Xbox One X and it looks the same as what they showed during the presentation.

So you're saying that what they have set up in the Ubi/Massive public display out on the floor, was running the game on an Xbox One X, correct?

Do we know for sure if we (anyone not at E3) have seen any gameplay footage being taken from these setups?

Because in Massive's private back room streaming area (with the couches and such), it looked quite clearly like they were playing on gaming laptops with gamepads plugged in. I watched the Division twitch channel for about 3 hours or so yesterday, so I admittedly didn't see everything, but all of the actual gameplay footage that I saw came from this back room area (and, presumably, those laptops).

Renegade.TSF
06-13-2018, 05:03 PM
I played the demo about 5 times today and from what Iíve played so far, I honestly feel like the Massive is headed in the right direction.

The game seems a little sluggish at times, but thatís to be expected with this early access. All the weapons from all 3 playable classes seemed to be balanced. The power weapons were amazing. My favorite class so far is Demolition.

The mission is a pretty short but still fun. And then thereís the graphics, which are phenomenal. The game is setup on Xbox One X and it looks the same as what they showed during the presentation.

Iím going to continue to play it tomorrow as much as I can to really be able to dissect it more, but so far I love it.

You be the fist to die in the new Washington DZ ;)

#jealous

joelsantos24
06-13-2018, 05:28 PM
This is precisely what I'm talking about. How can the Playstation community take a stand and make a well-founded and informed conclusion, on how the game looks and plays, if they don't even plug the game on a few PS4 Pro's? What a joke!

Cons72
06-13-2018, 08:39 PM
I should have explained what I meant more clearly!! When I said balanced, I meant the TTK was in line across all the classes. Each class starts with different classes of weapons, and each one of them felt just as powerful as the other. This was strictly on NPC as weíve heard nor seen anything on the PVP side of the house.

I hope that helps some!

I hope they designed the game so they don't have to tear down good PvE mechanics to balance PvP this time around.

Too many builds that I liked were made obsolete by changes for the sake of PvP.

mckrackin5324
06-13-2018, 09:06 PM
This is precisely what I'm talking about. How can the Playstation community take a stand and make a well-founded and informed conclusion, on how the game looks and plays, if they don't even plug the game on a few PS4 Pro's? What a joke!

Because it doesn't exist on PS4 yet.
Hell,I bet the Xbox version is actually on PC with some Xbox consoles set up as window dressing.

mckrackin5324
06-13-2018, 09:08 PM

I hope that helps some!

Tactician's Authority kills NPCs faster than Striker. That has nothing to do with balance. lol

Sangersss
06-13-2018, 10:32 PM

You do realize that it's a full 8 months before this game is released right? Take a chill pill and be happy you're seeing anything this far out.

timdub151
06-13-2018, 11:37 PM
So you're saying that what they have set up in the Ubi/Massive public display out on the floor, was running the game on an Xbox One X, correct?

Do we know for sure if we (anyone not at E3) have seen any gameplay footage being taken from these setups?

Because in Massive's private back room streaming area (with the couches and such), it looked quite clearly like they were playing on gaming laptops with gamepads plugged in. I watched the Division twitch channel for about 3 hours or so yesterday, so I admittedly didn't see everything, but all of the actual gameplay footage that I saw came from this back room area (and, presumably, those laptops).

I live streamed my gameplay from the Mixer Booth at E3 yesterday. I saw the consoles when they hooked up the headsets.

timdub151
06-13-2018, 11:40 PM
Tactician's Authority kills NPCs faster than Striker. That has nothing to do with balance. lol

From what Iíve heard around here, thatís not going to be an issue in D2. But I really canít speak intelligently on it at this point.

timdub151
06-14-2018, 12:29 AM
https://imgur.com/a/McpL18l

The Xboxes we are playing from.

Demiz3r
06-14-2018, 12:33 AM
Thanks for updates. I'm worried that there is another exclusivity time gated content for Xbox and PC.