PDA

View Full Version : Kiai needed a nerf weeks ago

DoctorMcBatman
06-12-2018, 11:30 PM
It gets used every single life and is basically a death sentence if it's used in a situation other than 1v1. I get that it's a real martial arts technique, but it doesn't fit well in the game, especially given its logistics.

It's insanely OP for a level 1 feat. It should be level 3 IMO. Or get rid of it entirely.

It used to be sort of OK when no one played orochi, but now you have some games with 2 or 3.

Alustar.exe
06-13-2018, 12:21 AM
I'm leveling an orochi just for this feat. If Ubisoft's not even going to look at it, might as well get some trolls in.

DoctorMcBatman
06-13-2018, 12:36 AM
Honestly. I was an orochi main at release, and I never even thought to use it until I saw a million orochis using it when the rework came out. I do use it on my roach now because of how OP it is - I wish I didn't have that option though.

The other option I'd be okay with is giving every hero a level 1 stun feat (mostly for the lulz).

PepsiBeastin
06-13-2018, 12:47 AM
I fail to see how the kiai feat is overpowered.. it guarantees no damage and just forces you to be on high alert for a few seconds. Well, unless you have a build completely without exhaustion recovery or stamina cost reduction, then it's your fault.

DoctorMcBatman
06-13-2018, 01:15 AM
I fail to see how the kiai feat is overpowered.. it guarantees no damage and just forces you to be on high alert for a few seconds. Well, unless you have a build completely without exhaustion recovery or stamina cost reduction, then it's your fault.

It's really the frequency I have an issue with rather than the function. Being a level 1 feat on a hero that was recently reworked and who is now considered very viable, it just happens too often.

Alustar.exe
06-13-2018, 02:00 AM
It interrupts, disorients, drains stamina and a thirty second cooldown. Couple that with the fact that every orochi player I've fought since the rework only uses his three light chain means that's pretty much guaranteed damage. So yeah, it needs to be looked at.

ChampionRuby50g
06-13-2018, 02:09 AM

I fail to see how you donít think a Tier 1 feat that can interrupt almost any attack, instant OOS and stuns you while having one of the shortest cool downs In the game is overpowered for what it is. Tier 2 or 3, no problems at all.

Alustar.exe
06-13-2018, 02:33 AM
I fail to see how you donít think a Tier 1 feat that can interrupt almost any attack, instant OOS and stuns you while having one of the shortest cool downs In the game is overpowered for what it is. Tier 2 or 3, no problems at all.

Probably because he's one of the ones using it and it's the only way he gets kills

E1seNw0Lf
06-13-2018, 03:10 AM
That feat is and never was an issue - before and after rework. It's just an annyoing tool, like so many other things in the game. And there are way more annoying things than kiai.

The only reason people realising it right now, is because you face more orochis than evermore. It's like facing every match 3-5 bombs getting thrown at you (at the same time) - it's daily business now. That's just it!

ChampionRuby50g
06-13-2018, 03:52 AM
That feat is and never was an issue - before and after rework. It's just an annyoing tool, like so many other things in the game. And there are way more annoying things than kiai.

The only reason people realising it right now, is because you face more orochis than evermore. It's like facing every match 3-5 bombs getting thrown at you (at the same time) - it's daily business now. That's just it!

So what, we should just accept this because it happens daily, and who cares that the majority of people on this thread and the thread made in the past want it changed, because the majority of them think itís too strong for a level one? Name a level one feat that is more annoying and stronger than his feat. Iíll wait.

DrinkinMyStella
06-13-2018, 09:31 AM
yep that feat is stupidly OP and an orochi player can use it so many times in one game, and if you have more than one orochi in a game then it just makes it impossible to play.