PDA

View Full Version : Origins Sequel?

BayekTheKing
06-12-2018, 06:16 PM
As a huge fan of Origins, I thought a sequel for Bayek would have been excellent. I also heard that this game (AC Odyssey) had been in development for a long time. Considering they took a year out to develop AC Origins, is it possible that the Montreal team are taking another year out to develop a sequel while Quebec release Odyssey? Thoughts?

Locopells
06-13-2018, 05:37 AM
That's...entirely possible :cool:

ChasUGC1
06-13-2018, 08:03 AM
A Bayek sequel would be awesome.

Wombles-_-
06-13-2018, 08:25 AM
Yep I would love a follow up to Bayek, I thought he was only getting started when Origins finished.

METSUNINJA
08-19-2018, 12:57 AM
Agreed. Bayek is my new favorite Assassin. Well developed and deep character since Ezio. And as the FOUNDER and the “forgotten one”, he needs a sequel if not a trilogy so see how much influence he put into the development of the brotherhood. Origins was just the beginning!

ProdiGurl
08-19-2018, 02:34 AM
I was mentioning that yesterday or day before too - how I hope & pray they'd make a sequel post Aya....
I'd love for Bayek for find a wife & have another son since he grieved over the murder of Khemu.
I'd def. pre-order that game!

Agreed. Bayek is my new favorite Assassin. Well developed and deep character since Ezio. And as the FOUNDER and the “forgotten one”, he needs a sequel if not a trilogy so see how much influence he put into the development of the brotherhood. Origins was just the beginning!
Ya Bayek's the only Assassin that actually matched what I had for Ezio and I thought it could never be done.
Origins was on par w/ Ezio's trilogy. Amazing game.

Olympus2018
08-19-2018, 10:57 AM
As a huge fan of Origins, I thought a sequel for Bayek would have been excellent. I also heard that this game (AC Odyssey) had been in development for a long time. Considering they took a year out to develop AC Origins, is it possible that the Montreal team are taking another year out to develop a sequel while Quebec release Odyssey? Thoughts?

I don't think it's going to happen... Origins is the best AC game so far but the story is over. Ptolemaic Egypt is gone with the wind. Odyssey is a prequel to Origins and Ubisoft focuses on that project for the time being...

WendysBrioche
08-19-2018, 07:59 PM
Haha it'd be cool.

I was mentioning that yesterday or day before too - how I hope & pray they'd make a sequel post Aya....
I'd love for Bayek for find a wife & have another son since he grieved over the murder of Khemu.
I'd def. pre-order that game!

Ya Bayek's the only Assassin that actually matched what I had for Ezio and I thought it could never be done.
Origins was on par w/ Ezio's trilogy. Amazing game.

That's actually honestly how I felt about Bayek's character. The acting was so amazing, can't remember how to spell his name but he did a fantastic job! It was incredible!

As much as I like Bayek I don't know if they should do a sequel though. They already did Egypt once so I don't think they should do it again. If they did another region, I think I'd rather get an all new character designed specifically for that region. But we'll all see what happens over the next few games.

ProdiGurl
08-20-2018, 09:13 PM
That's understandable - when I love a character, I want them in a Trilogy like Ezio got. I'm selfish that way =)
Maybe he could start out in Egypt and then have to travel somewhere else. I doubt it though, there's been so many requests for Asia as the next setting for a game, they'll probably do that.
I'm more than satisfied, they've managed to cover everywhere I had requested when I include Greece, so other fans can enjoy something different next.

sv2017
07-27-2019, 09:53 PM
That's understandable - when I love a character, I want them in a Trilogy like Ezio got. I'm selfish that way =)
Maybe he could start out in Egypt and then have to travel somewhere else. I doubt it though, there's been so many requests for Asia as the next setting for a game, they'll probably do that.
I'm more than satisfied, they've managed to cover everywhere I had requested when I include Greece, so other fans can enjoy something different next.

Bayek is amazing. He is a definite favorite by far for me. after himeis the Black Flag guy. I've done almost everything and I want more of hime. Hope They will remove Aya though. I know she's important to the story, but I just don't like her. her missions are weak at best. Ubi, please make a followup! You've got a gem on your hands.

ProdiGurl
07-27-2019, 10:28 PM
Bayek is amazing. He is a definite favorite by far for me. after himeis the Black Flag guy. I've done almost everything and I want more of hime. Hope They will remove Aya though. I know she's important to the story, but I just don't like her. her missions are weak at best. Ubi, please make a followup! You've got a gem on your hands.
That's ironic because I felt the same thing. He was always wanting to be with her & do missions & she kept leaving...
I wanted a sequel where he found a woman who loved him more and they created a brotherhood together.
Maybe one day but I'm not expecting anything.

UbiCosmos
07-27-2019, 11:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

Since this is more centered around Origins instead of Odyssey, I am going to move this over to the Origins forum. :)

tdtdtdtd
07-28-2019, 01:11 PM
Whoever said origins was the best game thus far is smoking. None of these new games compare to Rogue, Black Flag, or the best AC game which was AC 2. Bayek was great and origins was an OK story at best. Far better than Odyssey.

impcaeaug
08-08-2019, 06:55 AM
I would prefer a prequel set in the glory days of the Ptolemaic Kingdom with a different character instead of Bayek, I admit. Mainly because I wish for a game depicting the Ptolemaic Kingdom in it's full splendor when it wasn't a rump state under Rome's domination.
https://i.redd.it/w3ti3l15lkb21.jpg