PDA

View Full Version : Free Content for a year - Thank you Ubisoft

BouNc3r_ZA
06-12-2018, 03:01 PM
Can we take a moment to congratulate Ubisoft in making this move. Now, not ALL content will be free as an article did state, "For those who want even more content, an optional premium pass will give you access to one year of exclusive add-ons".

With that said, it was still a great move from Ubisoft. :D

gt2k
06-12-2018, 03:40 PM
Don't thank them until you see what it is.

Warrant Class
06-12-2018, 03:47 PM
Agreed. I didn't mind paying for all the DLC in TD1 anyway, but great to see Ubi giving it up for free. Didn't jump in for the season pass, so didn't have the saltyness of some.

Cadillac-Jack
06-12-2018, 04:51 PM
Gaming companies don't give stuff away for free there will always be a catch of some sorts and usually to the detriment of the game

Heck I look at all the Delusional people praising EA for having all BF V's DLC free (yeah right EA don't do free never have never will) and Ubi are of the same ilk.

Trippul G
06-12-2018, 05:10 PM
Yeah, it sounds good in theory, but it doesn't really mean anything. Who's to say that this content that they're going to be drip-feeding for free over the course of a year isn't stuff that could have been included upon release, but was intentionally held back? Makes Ubi look like good guys when really they're just giving us stuff that, in the days before DLC, day 1 patches, and continuous updates, they would have busted their butts to get it in the game at release.

Then they're going to charge us for the "premium" content...and of course, they'll expect us to preorder it, sight unseen, because that's worked out so well for everyone in the past. :rolleyes:

agentCoats
06-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Nothing is ever free..... :)

There will be a cost. Probably to our souls but hey at least the apr is low!:D

Seriously though as Ive heard/read elsewhere we dont know what ubis full plans are. Loot boxes? Not sure what premium content will be but if its pay to win...... a new ****storm will envelope this game. Bigger than any seen in Manhattan! ^^

RushLoongHammer
06-12-2018, 05:50 PM
If the money isn't coming from DLCs then it's probably coming from MTX and lootboxes

But if the MTX is fair and non-intrusive like Div1 then I think it'd be okay.
That includes the ability to earn the vanity from the shop in game as well like in Div1.

BouNc3r_ZA
06-12-2018, 06:19 PM
Agreed, there will most likely be a catch of sort.

But regardless of that, they're still out there and doing free content and it is definitely a good sign. Not only for Ubisoft but for gaming in general. They could have come out with a paid for season pass but instead went this way.

gt2k
06-12-2018, 06:20 PM
Vanity items is what I'm guessing. Fortnite is making a killing from it and everyone is copying it. I love the game but I don't want a every game to copy them.