PDA

View Full Version : It's time to unify the account across platforms

Tyrjo
06-12-2018, 10:13 AM
Most of us have spent a lot of time into this game. Unlocking stuff and harvesting steel. It's a bit of a grind and one thing I think stops people from multi plat purchases is the time invested to your account. The progression should be the same no matter where you log in. You still have the same unlocked heroes, emotes and executions purchased and gear looted. I don't mean that all players from different platforms play against each other.

That way I can play with my PC master race friends when I want to, and play with my PS4 peasants when I want to.

What if the For Honor account was unified across all platforms? Or at least from any of the two consoles to PC?

What I think would happen is:

1. More sales for Ubisoft. Console players purchasing the game and season passes on PC or other platforms as well.

2. Give the PC community a well needed influx of players.

3. Make the competitive scene on PC larger.

DrinkinMyStella
06-12-2018, 10:36 AM
but won't latency and connections issues play a big problem between console and pc. PC players would dominate console players with there 60fps and better latency.

Tyrjo
06-12-2018, 11:10 AM
OK, I wasn't clear enough I guess. I meant that the progression should be the same no matter where you log in. You still have the same unlocked heroes, emotes and executions purchased and gear looted. I didn't mean that all players from different platforms play against each other.

That way I can play with my PC master race friends when I want to, and play with my PS4 peasants when I want to.

DrinkinMyStella
06-12-2018, 11:16 AM
OK, I wasn't clear enough I guess. I meant that the progression should be the same no matter where you log in. You still have the same unlocked heroes, emotes and executions purchased and gear looted. I didn't mean that all players from different platforms play against each other.

ahhhh ok yes I agree that progression should be linked to your ubi account so that it carries over that would be good because the last thing you want is for all your time and effort to have to start again.

Eyyupyeser95
06-12-2018, 11:37 AM
Yes we need this ubi! I would play this game on pc if i just didnt have to start over

Alustar.exe
06-12-2018, 11:41 AM
This post needs more attention, I agree. I'd love to be able to play matches with my old shaman and highlander

SerArthur-Dayne
06-12-2018, 12:19 PM
YES! I really hope they do this.

Tyrjo
06-13-2018, 10:39 AM
Blizzard realized they could earn money by migrating players from different servers in WoW. Shouldn't be hard to create a "linked account feature" which costs maybe €10 to do.

Tyrjo
06-16-2018, 02:51 PM
The only thing stopping me from purchasing everything for PC, is the fact that I can't bring my progress from PS4 to the platform.

Alustar.exe
06-16-2018, 03:01 PM
I've got this on PC now. anytime I think to get something I stop myself now, cause I already have that on my PS4. I really wish they had a way to migrate data across platforms

Vakris_One
06-16-2018, 10:58 PM
Allowing players to transfer their account data from consoles to PC (or vice versa) would be a great QoL feature and a fantastic revenue booster for the game since people will be much more willing to switch from console to PC (i.e. buy the game again) if they know they can transfer their data as well.

ChampionRuby50g
06-16-2018, 11:45 PM
I've got this on PC now. anytime I think to get something I stop myself now, cause I already have that on my PS4. I really wish they had a way to migrate data across platforms

I know exactly what you mean. When I got a PS4, I got Star Wars BF2 again for it because my friends play it on there. But I hardly touched it, because I had already unlocked everything on my Xbox and didnít want to do that massive grind again. If would be real nice for progress to go across platforms to PC, and vice versa.

XJadeDragoonX
06-17-2018, 02:40 AM
It's interesting how everyone is talking about going from console to PC and not the other way around

Lord_Cherubi
06-17-2018, 03:16 AM
Im a PS4 peasant and i find your post offensive.

But yeah i agree, people who have bought the game on multiple platforms should not have to suffer trough the grind a second time.

I don't even have a computer at this time besides my laptop but that old piece of garbage isn't good for anything than making music, i would like to know what a smooth gameplay experience would look like lol

ChampionRuby50g
06-17-2018, 04:23 AM
It's interesting how everyone is talking about going from console to PC and not the other way around

Not really when you think about it. Better frame rates, better graphics, more reactable, so on. Console is much more social though, and always will be my personal preference.

Alustar.exe
06-17-2018, 05:41 AM
I like being able to actually talk to other players mid match. And as Ruby said, the game looks amazing. All of the friends I have that have seen this game on PS4 notice how much more detailed and gorgeous the game looks on PC.

Tyrjo
06-19-2018, 06:00 PM

Ubisoft should acknowledge this while they still can. They can both revitalize the PC community and make a buck out of this. What are they waiting for?

BT_nuklon1
06-19-2018, 06:51 PM
Ubi it is time to do this, Please let us play with friends stop being console correct...

BadBOO17
06-19-2018, 08:22 PM
Most of us have spent a lot of time into this game. Unlocking stuff and harvesting steel. It's a bit of a grind and one thing I think stops people from multi plat purchases is the time invested to your account. The progression should be the same no matter where you log in. You still have the same unlocked heroes, emotes and executions purchased and gear looted. I don't mean that all players from different platforms play against each other.

What if the For Honor account was unified across all platforms? Or at least from any of the two consoles to PC?

What I think would happen is:

1. More sales for Ubisoft. Console players purchasing the game and season passes on PC or other platforms as well.

2. Give the PC community a well needed influx of players.

3. Make the competitive scene on PC larger.

Sounds great doesnt work. Sony wont allow players to transfer progress over between consoles or pc. They dont allow it with forknife, they wont allow it with anything else.

UbiJurassic
06-19-2018, 08:46 PM
While it would definitely be nice to have unified progress across all platforms, there are no plans for it at this time. If that ever changes, players will be the first to hear from us about it.

Tyrjo
06-20-2018, 04:42 PM
What a shame. I didn't think Ubisoft would miss an opportunity to make a buck.

DrinkinMyStella
06-20-2018, 04:44 PM
While it would definitely be nice to have unified progress across all platforms, there are no plans for it at this time. If that ever changes, players will be the first to hear from us about it.

is is a difficult thing to do maybe? I might even buy a PC and buy your game again and spend hundreds on coins again if I could transfer data.

BTTrinity
06-20-2018, 06:56 PM
Account linking NEEDS to happen.... I can see this being very frustrating to some players.

Alustar.exe
06-20-2018, 06:57 PM
is is a difficult thing to do maybe? I might even buy a PC and buy your game again and spend hundreds on coins again if I could transfer data.

Yeah, same. I'm not buying another steel pack till they do this.

Alustar.exe
06-21-2018, 12:49 PM
If they did this, I spent be getting matched up against fresh nubs and then they would have far less posts on the forums from new players claiming the match making sucks and classes are OP

DrinkinMyStella
06-21-2018, 01:26 PM
and the moderator never said it couldn't be done just that there are no talks about it..well please ubi talk about in in your meetings $$$

Tyrjo
06-27-2018, 07:51 AM
and the moderator never said it couldn't be done just that there are no talks about it..well please ubi talk about in in your meetings $$$

Yes, I definitively think it would create another source of cash flow. Companies usually love that. :)

Ubi-Jimothy
06-27-2018, 10:04 AM
Hey folks,

Just wanted to chime in here and mention that it can be pretty difficult to cross platforms, especially between Xbox-PS4. That being said, we will forward your suggestion on to the team!

All the best,

Jim.

Tyrjo
06-27-2018, 11:00 AM
Hey folks,

Just wanted to chime in here and mention that it can be pretty difficult to cross platforms, especially between Xbox-PS4. That being said, we will forward your suggestion on to the team!

All the best,

Jim.

Yeah, I think an account link is harder to make, especially between PS4 and Xbox, but an account transfer shouldn't be hard to make. Especially lets say from PS4 to PC. Even if it's done manually there would be money to make if you charged, lets say $20 for it. Blizzard understood this with their server migration in WoW, like I mentioned before.

Soldier_of_Dawn
06-27-2018, 07:21 PM
Yes, account linking or account transfer from console to PC is what the players are asking for the most since going from console to PC is both a performance and visual upgrade. This would help resolve player count issues with certain game modes on PC and experienced players won't be mixed with new players when console players migrate to PC. YouTubers and Twitch streamers would appreciate this a lot. I'm a PC player and I'm tired of playing the same game modes because there are not enough players at certain times of the day.

Kazzfire
07-02-2018, 07:07 AM
So the weird thing is sony and the ps4 is holing up the problem but at this point what the point of waiting on them if they want to be that way. If they want to control their servers let them link the xbox and uplay account so i can go to some play like a gaming lounge and use my on their console or a friends house who has multiply Xbox.

If one company wants to be a downer and not play nice ball with everyone and make a chasm then let them I don't think everyone else should pay for their mistakes.

Tyrjo
07-02-2018, 11:04 AM
You would think it would be easy for Ubi to just copy the state of an account from PSN or Xbox live and just input the data on their own PC servers.

Halvtand
07-02-2018, 12:36 PM
Well, if the progress was stored on the Uplay account instead of the XBL or PSN-accounts then there wouldn't be a problem.

Tyrjo
07-21-2018, 07:23 AM
So the weird thing is sony and the ps4 is holing up the problem but at this point what the point of waiting on them if they want to be that way. If they want to control their servers let them link the xbox and uplay account so i can go to some play like a gaming lounge and use my on their console or a friends house who has multiply Xbox.

If one company wants to be a downer and not play nice ball with everyone and make a chasm then let them I don't think everyone else should pay for their mistakes.

I guess it could be a legal thing. I wonder if Ubisoft just copying the state of the account would break any agreements.

Soldier_of_Dawn
09-10-2018, 06:51 AM
Illest Truth feels you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06JjZZxE-ag