PDA

View Full Version : Which Wu Ling Faction character your will play/level 1st

SanaMinatozaki-
06-12-2018, 09:30 AM
Hi For Honor players,

I am very delighted with the upcoming new Wu Ling faction. In my reply to the new character speculation thread (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1877153-Season-6-New-Character-Speculation/page2), I have mention my wish to have a Chinese faction and it is a dream come true.

Ubisoft ありがとうございました!

I am having a dilemma as in which Wu Ling faction character should I play 1st and level it to rep 8. Out of 4 characters I like 3 of them Jiang Jun, Shaolin and Tiandi.

Which will you play 1st and share with us why you like the character?

Xil_h
06-12-2018, 09:54 AM
Nuxia I believe

Lord_Cherubi
06-12-2018, 11:12 AM
I can't honestly tell, they all look awesome! But if i had to choose one i'd propably go with Nuxia just because of that sweet sit-on execution we saw in the trailer

DrinkinMyStella
06-12-2018, 11:14 AM
the one with the armour and sword, cant remember the name but he looks like a reworked cent.

SanaMinatozaki-
06-12-2018, 11:31 AM
the one with the armour and sword, cant remember the name but he looks like a reworked cent.

Hello Sir,

I think you are referring to Tiandi the one that carry a single edged chinese sword use for slashing and chopping.
It is different from centurion as centurion uses Gladius which can use to slash and stab enemy.
It is not a rework cent. It will have unique and different moveset. I belief in ubisoft for honor team.

DrinkinMyStella
06-12-2018, 11:52 AM
Hello Sir,

I think you are referring to Tiandi the one that carry a single edged chinese sword use for slashing and chopping.
It is different from centurion as centurion uses Gladius which can use to slash and stab enemy.
It is not a rework cent. It will have unique and different moveset. I belief in ubisoft for honor team.

lol I know he's not a rework, I know he does not have the same weapon and I know he won't have the same moveset :D I was simply stating that the speed of his attacks and his unblock able kick and his amour make him resemble cent obviously he is not a rework.

Halvtand
06-12-2018, 11:52 AM
Hello Sir,

I agree with this statement fully.
Just looking at the weapons, the dao is related to sabers and is extremely well suited for slashing attacks. The gladius on the other hand was mainly designed for stabbing, but is able to do some slashing as well due to it's broad edge. Looking at the fighters we have a roman soldier that is pretty stiff but efficient in his movements. This was the point of roman warfare. Tiandi will have trained Chinese martial arts and has that as a base for all of his movements. Even if they have identical technical move sets, they will still feel very different because of this.

Personally I will probably play Tiandi first, but as a practitioner of nan shaolin kung fu I will have to go for that guy as well.

Charmzzz
06-12-2018, 01:04 PM
Nuxia, because I am searching for a replacement for my gimped PK.

Vakris_One
06-12-2018, 01:16 PM
Jiang Jun for me. That Guandao and the whole Guan Yu look has me sold :)

They all look interesting though and I'll be looking to play them all.

Nuxia, because I am searching for a replacement for my gimped PK.
The Nuxia looks like she will be very powerful as she has the ability to pull apart the opponent's guard every time her opponent blocks her attack.

Kamen42
06-12-2018, 01:43 PM
No idea yet. I guess I will see based on their playstyle. I enjoy characters all around the roster (yet Berserker and Orochi the most. Even more so after their reworks.)

SanaMinatozaki-
06-12-2018, 02:39 PM
I agree with this statement fully.
Just looking at the weapons, the dao is related to sabers and is extremely well suited for slashing attacks. The gladius on the other hand was mainly designed for stabbing, but is able to do some slashing as well due to it's broad edge. Looking at the fighters we have a roman soldier that is pretty stiff but efficient in his movements. This was the point of roman warfare. Tiandi will have trained Chinese martial arts and has that as a base for all of his movements. Even if they have identical technical move sets, they will still feel very different because of this.

Personally I will probably play Tiandi first, but as a practitioner of nan shaolin kung fu I will have to go for that guy as well.

thank your sir for your clear explaination!

Vakris_One

I also like god of war guan yu ;) Lets have fun using Jiang Jun.

Fairemont
06-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Because the Shaolin apparently got Nobushi's rework based on the moveset he has in the recently released videos, I'll probably play him since she has been ground into the dirt by passive nerfs.

BTTrinity
06-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Im definitely gonna play Jiang-Jun (As Nobushi is my favorite hero atm, I can see this guy being my replacement for her since they refuse to buff her)

Fairemont
06-12-2018, 03:50 PM
Im definitely gonna play Jiang-Jun (As Nobushi is my favorite hero atm, I can see this guy being my replacement for her since they refuse to buff her)

Have you seen the new Shaolin gameplay? If not, definitely look at him. He's basically what Nobushi could have been made into.

BTTrinity
06-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Have you seen the new Shaolin gameplay? If not, definitely look at him. He's basically what Nobushi could have been made into.

I have, I kind of thought the same thing xD

Though Jiang-Jun uses the same weapon as her basically, also has a stance mode that helps him recover stamina but all of his attacks are zones and sweeps that use a lot of Stamina.... I have a feeling this guy is going to be the Gankbuster

Fairemont
06-12-2018, 05:45 PM
I have, I kind of thought the same thing xD

Though Jiang-Jun uses the same weapon as her basically, also has a stance mode that helps him recover stamina but all of his attacks are zones and sweeps that use a lot of Stamina.... I have a feeling this guy is going to be the Gankbuster

His stance is likely not the same as hidden stance. Hidden stance is a horrendously powerful tool and if it was given a stamina REGEN instead of huge stamina cost and stamina lock...

Oh my... Nobushi would be insane, let alone some other character witht hem.

High-Horse
06-12-2018, 06:29 PM
Shaolin! Looks like what i suggested (and a few others) over a year ago! :D I am thoroughly stoked

Knight_Raime
06-12-2018, 08:16 PM
Right now Nuixa 100% unless more footage comes out of her or the guan yu guy and I change my mind. I specifically struggle against people who block constantly and only attack passively and she's a direct counter to that style of play. My second bet would be the monk. Because I love technical fighters. Gaun yu guy has potential but sounds very risky concept wise. It feels like hit or miss so unsure. I duel anyway so him being mainly an AOE guy doesn't seem great in duels. But we will see.

Vanguard guy is good. but doesn't look very flashy. I gotta know more about him before I consider him. Centurion wasn't flashy like shinobi but I saw the potential in him and he ended up being my main. So who knows.

JadeBosson.
06-12-2018, 08:57 PM
Nuxia because nobushi needs a buff i'll prob go for Jiang Jun after i get the Nuxia to 13+

bannex19
06-12-2018, 11:36 PM
Am I the only one that prefers the faceless helmeted look? The shaman looks like one of those dirty doll heads hanging by that swamp house in Mexico. The faces need major love, hopefully there will be covered helmet options

E1seNw0Lf
06-12-2018, 11:53 PM
Shaolin (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGqpK9uauBA). It is the characters weapon style I missed the most since FH start (for personal reasons). Never really liked Nobushi.

BUT, my biggest concern about Wu Lin's movesets is, even tho it was a very little we could see in the trailer, there were already a few moves that quite dont make sense (to use). I hope I will be wrong...

Edit: 2nd will be Tiandi.

SanaMinatozaki-
06-13-2018, 04:47 AM
Shaolin (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGqpK9uauBA). It is the characters weapon style I missed the most since FH start (for personal reasons). Never really liked Nobushi.

BUT, my biggest concern about Wu Lin's movesets is, even tho it was a very little we could see in the trailer, there were already a few moves that quite dont make sense (to use). I hope I will be wrong...

Edit: 2nd will be Tiandi.

Hi Sir,

Shaolin is very difficult to play. very technical. lots of moves. i dislike the part going to Qi mode which need you to hold attack button.

Helnekromancer
06-13-2018, 05:08 AM
Maybe Shaolin because he is a more agile version of Nobushi, and after that Jiang Jun, I always liked being the Tank in these types of games but all of them were so horrendously slow and boring I never played them, but Jiang Jun looks like he has energy, uses a similar weapon to Nobushi but in a different way and I'm excited for a nimble Big guy in For Honor, similar to Bob in Tekken.

I look forward to playing Jiang Jun and customizing his beards. :)

SanaMinatozaki-
06-13-2018, 06:13 AM
Maybe Shaolin because he is a more agile version of Nobushi, and after that Jiang Jun, I always liked being the Tank in these types of games but all of them were so horrendously slow and boring I never played them, but Jiang Jun looks like he has energy, uses a similar weapon to Nobushi but in a different way and I'm excited for a nimble Big guy in For Honor, similar to Bob in Tekken.

I look forward to playing Jiang Jun and customizing his beards. :)

Hello sir,

Thanks for your reply. Jiang jun uses a chinese weapon call guandao.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guandao
The blade is always cresent in shape and the blade is usually larger and heavier. It is always cresent shaped. For slashing and chopping.

For nobushi, it is naginata. Naginata blade can be straight or cresent. For stabbing and chopping.