PDA

View Full Version : For Honor: Marching Fire - October 16, 2018

UbiInsulin
06-12-2018, 02:23 AM
For Honor’s biggest and most ambitious update ever is coming October 16, 2018. With a new faction, 4 new heroes, a new 4x4 mode, significant visual enhancements and unlimited single player and 2-person co-op PVE mode yet to be revealed, Marching Fire expands the world of For Honor like never before.

RELEASE DATE: OCTOBER 16, 2018

NEW PVP GAME MODE: BREACH

https://youtu.be/Wzp153zH6aY

Live the fantasy of storming or protecting a well-fortified castle equipped with ballistas, fire cauldrons, and archers.

Attackers must breach the castle using a battering ram, while defenders must try to stop them at all costs to protect their lord.

This strategic, team-based multiplayer mode brings an adrenaline-fused layer of depth to the game, along with three new maps.

https://youtu.be/IAgERnDdOoU

NEW HEROES: THE WU LIN FACTION

Shaolin
The Shaolin are fierce warrior monks known for their athletic, monkey-like fight style, and their prowess with a staff. They hold their written prayers close to them at all times.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-gb/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh-marching-fire-hero-01.png

Tiandi
The Tiandi are loyal protectors to Kings, Queens, and Emperors. They are masters of the dao blade, the weapon of choice for these Royal Guards.
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-gb/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh-marching-fire-hero-02.png

Jiang Jun
The Jiang Jun are generals among the Ancient Chinese armies. They are wise leaders who have mastered the guandao weapon.
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-gb/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh-marching-fire-hero-03.png

Nuxia
The Nuxia are trained bodyguards and assassins who often disguised their talents through dance. They are deadly artists of the hook swords.
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-gb/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh-marching-fire-hero-04.png

SIGNIFICANT GRAPHICAL ENHANCEMENTS
Marching Fire also brings free graphical enhancements to the world of For Honor with updated and enriched textures, improved global illumination, and new sky and cloud technology. Further improvements include an updated user interface that will allow players to get into matches faster.

Before
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-GB/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh-marching_fire-before-ashf.jpg

After
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-GB/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh-marching_fire-after-ashf.jpg

ENDLESS PVE MODE
A new mode, yet to be revealed, offering unlimited single player and 2-person co-op PVE content.

Ezzeldin1992
06-12-2018, 04:15 AM
Is the new faction going to be a new DLC for the game or will it be added for free to all the owners of the game like the breach mode????

Ibrazal8
06-12-2018, 04:45 AM
Please add the no helmet option for the original roster you have 4 months you can do this ubi!!

Bjron_Ironside
06-12-2018, 05:38 AM
SO... do we have to buy the new heroes even if we have the season pass?

Tyrjo
06-12-2018, 06:28 AM
Probably going to be a new season pass.

Knight_Raime
06-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Little more backround info on the new heros:

~Shaolin or the "monk" hero is an assassin. He's got some undodgable dash attacks. Unique ability to hold into some kind of stance. Which will allow him to continue a combo, fake out something to attack more, or end something with a powerful blow. Looks to be a mix between highlander and nobushi.

~Tiandi is the new vanguard. Seems to have a psuedo deflect that has an unblockable follow up. (think valk/kensei dashing into an attack to bounce it off.) described as a fighter mixed between kensei and shinobi. Dash attacks can be faked out into something else, zone attack can be soft canceled into his kick. he's got his kick that comes from finishers and some elbow unblockable that comes from starter moves.

~Jiang Jun is the new heavy. Described as most attacks being zone attacks. meaning large sweeping attacks. They cost a lot of stamina. But he has a stance similar to nobushi's that lets him regen stamina pretty fast. I think he also has some fake outs.

~Nuxia is the second assassin. Her unique thing is the ability to grapple your weapon if you block her attacks. Which lets her damage you. Not much else was said about her. Was encouraged you parry/dodge/attack her while she attacks instead of blocking everything to deal with her.

Kryltic
06-12-2018, 09:28 AM
While I'm mostly excited to see this update there's a few things that concern me.

1) Character updates/rebalances. There's still a lot of characters in need of love due to under performing and with new characters incoming it feels like this will now be sidelined for the most part. Masked as a "lets see how the new guys change things."

2) Older character replacement. While I may be wrong it feels like these new characters are able to do what older characters can do but better.
Nobushi is supposed to be the long range attacker with a unique hidden stance. She quickly lost her ability to fight properly at long range and now we are potentially seeing a much better HS with another character who doesn't take a stamina hit but a buff... Sorry but she needs a serious rework or we may as well not bother having her.
The best thing going for the Valkyrie was her Spear Sweap and now we have seen a character who has a faster version with a much quicker recovery.
What was one of the biggest pet peeves people had with the Shaman? Her effective throw distance. Now we have a character who has a vastly superior and (seemingly) easy to access kick (RIP Aramusha) which seems to have a larger knockback range than the Shaman but also knocks you over (RIP Valkyrie yet again).

3) Will the addition of even more heroes slow the rate of new weapons/armour skins even further or will we see some new ones upon the release of the new faction? Same can be said for Executions.

4) Will these new heroes bring in more new feats? If so, will this be after a rebalancing/reworking of current feats or will this mean that rebalancing them will be neglected even more?

SpaceJim12
06-12-2018, 10:02 AM
I think it's better to move my thoughts in this thread.

Well, now we all want to hype E3 reveals. But when all "wow" effect gone, I started to be septic about all this.

Let's go through all we know already, and what it could bring to us.

1. Bring new players. Well, unfortunatly I really doubt this free starter edition week will help. Game are too complecated now. And if newcomers will start to play, face ultimate rivals with all game mechanics I can't imagin how they could get through this. What could bring new players to the game it is simplification of the combat system at all to make it more friendly. I got couple friends who bought Starter Edition in the end of season 5. They already abandoned For Honor. And 70-80% of free new comers will do the same. Grind is awful now and brings nothing, but pain. I even don't want to buy new characters, cause I'm terrifying of new "road to top gear" travel...

2. New characters. Well, it's awesome, I believe to see four new characters for the game. But what about balance and all this stuff? What about reworks? Will we see all needed reworks in season 7? If new chars bring new mechanics (like all DLC did), so we will need another round of reworks to made old chars compared with new ones. No proper information about it.

3. Well, all this announcements cool, but release date is 16th of October, so it will happend in season 8. So, no big things for season 6 and 7? I doubt that devs didn't mention something,that they have for upcoming season. Reworks it's something necessary before new chars, but if it's all content for summer, so it's no big reason to play until 16th October. Still hope devs will say more on next Den.

4. If you think about new armor for Warden, check trailer again. This big guy looks like boss in siege mode, NPC. Maybe we will see his armor for Warden, but I doubt it.

5. New faction for broken faction wars. I think Vikings will take season 6 as well, and I really can't see any real reason to care about faction wars now. So if this system will not change until China factions will be released, we have even more broken faction wars.

6. In the end of it all, siege mode looks strange. 4v4 in siege? Really? Maps will be small again? Same mistakes that were in Dominion have their chances to be in Siege Mode.

So, while I want hype all new content, I really can't see how all this will help to make For Honor more popular. This content only for current players and some % of old ones, who maybe will return.
Still, I wait for next Den for more information.

Illyrian_King
06-12-2018, 11:19 AM
Nicest Update you ever announced ... really had to sing and clap my hands for some time. The new Breach Mode is so so so creative and you really heard to the Community and brought the ideas into the game. So GORGEOUS !!!
Exactly what this game needs.
Chocolate for the eye.

But PLEASE also consider to use Dominion Maps like Citadell Gate or Shard for the new Mode too.

I ever wanted to know, what is behind their gates. Make all maps have slight differences in their defensive tools.

Tyrfing_.
06-12-2018, 11:58 AM
Really happy to see the game growing and evolving.

I can well imagine that Ubi could not cover one of the worlds biggest markets, also in gaming, with their for honor game. China.
A Chinese player would for sure never touch a Japanese warrior, and they sure have no real connection to knights and vikings. This update should open up the entire market.

Though I do not really connect to Chinese fighters, I definitelly appreciate a new game mode and permanent PvE.

And season 7 still leaves room for some reworks before .. :-D

noclue4u
06-12-2018, 12:11 PM
This new faction will be sort of like a mercenary faction right? They won't get real estate in the faction war right?
The faction war is already pretty unbalanced, and I don't think we need another factor that will just make it harder to balance.
Otherwise, I'm excited.

SpaceJim12
06-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Ubi moderators, what about this?

ENDLESS PVE MODE
Marching Fire also brings free graphical enhancements to the world of For Honor with updated and enriched textures, improved global illumination, and new sky and cloud technology. Further improvements include an updated user interface that will allow players to get into matches faster.

I like the idea of PvE mode, but believe discription are wrong.=)

Capoupacap
06-12-2018, 04:08 PM
could we have more information soon about the coop and the PVE announcement....I don't even understand what endless PVE mean :p

Siegfried-Z
06-12-2018, 05:40 PM
we need viking not ****ing chinese **** role!

We already have Vikings what are you talking about ..?

Illyrian_King
06-12-2018, 06:31 PM
We already have Vikings what are you talking about ..?

He means more Viikings ... where in some point I agree, we would need more original Heores then foreign Heroes but I im still very very hyped for what is coming! ^^

UbiJurassic
06-12-2018, 08:07 PM
SO... do we have to buy the new heroes even if we have the season pass?

The new heroes coming in the Marching Fire update are not included with the 2017 Season Pass, which only included the first 6 DLC heroes released.

Ubi moderators, what about this?

I like the idea of PvE mode, but believe discription are wrong.=)

Thanks for pointing that out! Fixed!

TwinStiletto
06-12-2018, 08:54 PM
I'm really excited for this expansion. Breach sounds like a blast and the new heroes looked great, definitely influenced by Chinese period pieces in film and games like Dynasty Warrior and Soul Caliber.

Bjron_Ironside
06-12-2018, 08:57 PM
How much will the new season pass cost?

E1seNw0Lf
06-13-2018, 03:17 AM
I'm very interested to see how this 4th faction effects Faction War.
This decision leads to many new - not yet answered - questions.

SpaceJim12
06-13-2018, 09:47 AM
One thing I really want to ask, Ubisoft. Please, make PvE more than 2 player co-op. I have two friends who play with me 90% of the time and we really hoped for some PvE mode, but if it will be only for 2 players, we unfortunatly should skip it.

DRA_GlaroGer
06-13-2018, 10:47 AM
Hello Ubisoft team.

I would rly like to write a few thoughts on the presentation:

1st: Pls nerv Ballistas (also in existing maps). Limited ammo, much more cooldown, something like that.

2nd: If the chinese get their own faction, why not the romans too? Put the centurion and the gladiator in an own "roman empire" like faction, so you got the possibility for 2 new roman heroes and i dont have to be annoyed about the integration in the knights faction. That would be a rly rly great thing for me.

3rd: Option, to play all modes wihout feats. Yeah i know its in the game, but i think there will be players like me who love the idea. I dont say put it away, just the option to search a 4vs4 match where nobody got feats <3.

4th: And last but not least - the unblockables and kicks and stuff. Yeah i know the chance is like 0 but i think the normal fight like in the beta is gone now. There are so many kicks and moves that are annoying to me. I want the more "realistic" fightin back :'(

I hope someone reads this and maybe one of those points will get attention by your creators :)
Thanks for reading. :)

PS: 5th: an option for PvE Hardmode. So you only get lvl 3 enemys and not lvl 1 or 2... just too boring. Thx.

ZeekDaSun
06-13-2018, 01:56 PM
.....please say it isn't so, and I can play as a female Shaolin.
I like the character, and will support the final decision made, because I love you guys. However, any chance I get to play as a female bo-staff user, I will take.

So Ubisoft, For Honor devs....Roman, this is my humble plee for a non-gender locked Shaolin.

#stillafan

SpaceJim12
06-13-2018, 02:14 PM
.....please say it isn't so, and I can play as a female Shaolin.
I like the character, and will support the final decision made, because I love you guys. However, any chance I get to play as a female bo-staff user, I will take.

So Ubisoft, For Honor devs....Roman, this is my humble plee for a non-gender locked Shaolin.

#stillafan

I think all new char will be gender lock. We see it with Ara and Shaman in season 4. Gender lock let devs spend less time for animation and modeling. And while it's a huge part of development process, I bet all new chars will be gender lock.
However, it could be cool updates to add some new gender for some chars in a future. One of my teammates really hope to see male Shaman.=)

Vakris_One
06-13-2018, 03:23 PM
I think all new char will be gender lock. We see it with Ara and Shaman in season 4. Gender lock let devs spend less time for animation and modeling. And while it's a huge part of development process, I bet all new chars will be gender lock.
However, it could be cool updates to add some new gender for some chars in a future. One of my teammates really hope to see male Shaman.=)
In one of the videos from IGN they showed a female Tiandi so at least the Vanguard will not be gender locked. Judging from how they did the original roster's gender options I would say that the assassin Nuxia, the hybrid Shaolin and the heavy Jiang Jun will be gender locked though.

CandleInTheDark
06-13-2018, 04:22 PM
In one of the videos from IGN they showed a female Tiandi so at least the Vanguard will not be gender locked. Judging from how they did the original roster's gender options I would say that the assassin Nuxia, the hybrid Shaolin and the heavy Jiang Jun will be gender locked though.

Nuxia is almost certainly genderlocked, Roman spoke of Nuxias being dancers who were trained as bodyguards for the Lords because all the men went to war so they wound up being people no one really noticed outside of them dancing but they were always there.

SpaceJim12
06-13-2018, 05:34 PM

I think gender lock will help devs to bring more customization option for characters. I really like this "less masks/full helmets" trend we saw on Chinese warriors. Hope old roster will take at least couple visual options without helmet.

Sabrefalcon
06-13-2018, 07:24 PM
It's nice that they decide a chinese faction but they should include spearman like Zhao Yun of the Three Kingdoms, And Swords like the sword ( Jian ) like the sword in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, these are mostly sword of the emperor the armour that they use should be research properly there are a lot of nice armour in chinese ancient times.

And One Suggestion is the face should be covered like the Centurion, I think will look better than a lot of people having the same face, proper helmet and face cover.

CandleInTheDark
06-13-2018, 07:50 PM
I saw this from Eric on Reddit, thought it might be of interest to know where the team are coming from with the new faction.

--
Also to the point about conquering the Chinese market: that would be great! There are a LOT of barriers to this with Western companies and I hope the Tencent partnership will help. But I do want people to know the Chinese warriors were planned very long ago, much before Tencent was ever in the picture. Honestly from my earliest memory of asking Roman about the “next faction” it was the Chinese because their history lends itself to more fighting styles and cool melee weaponry than any other civilization in history. The team was excited about those possibilities, as you know everything in our character designs always begins with the weapon before anything else.
--

"Next faction" intrigues me, because that opens the door for more down the line, it wasn't let's fill in the hole on the map but what are we working on next..

CandleInTheDark
06-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Sorry for the double post but dropping this link I found, some very interesting stuff

https://news.ubisoft.com/article/marching-fire-update-brings-biggest-changes-yet-e3-2018

Since some people like to know

Tiandi, non genderlocked, vanguard.

The rest are genderlocked

Jiang-Jun, male heavy

Nuxia, female assassin

Shaolin, male hybrid

Ranjitha90
06-14-2018, 09:38 AM
We started with what is probably the most common failure of the DualShock4, at least with the controls included in the launch consoles. After Sony has corrected the problem like ps4 controller won’t charge (http://faithfullyfrugal-and-free.com/problems-control-ps4-possible-solutions/) by putting more resistant grips.

Pincopallino097
06-14-2018, 03:09 PM
Please add the no helmet option for the original roster you have 4 months you can do this ubi!!

+1, I really loved the warden from the trailer

Illyrian_King
06-14-2018, 10:02 PM
Will the PvE Mode be also free for everybody after a period of early access?

Helnekromancer
06-15-2018, 04:24 PM
Oh man 2 more crazy Assassins in For Honor, can't wait to play Jiang Jun. He looks like a Heavy who has the energy to fight and not stare.

In games like these I usually gravitate towards the Tanky guys but the Tanks in this game is so boring, slow, and uninteresting that I only played them because I needed the Heavy Orders done.

I really hope they make this Pure Tank good because the devs have clearly showed us they can make annoyingly frustrating Assassins and that's about it.

CandleInTheDark
06-15-2018, 06:00 PM
Oh man 2 more crazy Assassins in For Honor, can't wait to play Jiang Jun. He looks like a Heavy who has the energy to fight and not stare.

In games like these I usually gravitate towards the Tanky guys but the Tanks in this game is so boring, slow, and uninteresting that I only played them because I needed the Heavy Orders done.

I really hope they make this Pure Tank good because the devs have clearly showed us they can make annoyingly frustrating Assassins and that's about it.

Well an assassin and a hybrid if one that is probably more assassin than any other has been, according to the news page Shaolin is hybrid, but both Eric and Roman have said different so they all need to be speaking from the same page lol. In fairness they had to have at least one new assassin, I think it wouldn't have hurt to have a vanguard/heavy for their hybrid or something that was more vanguard or heavy than assassin ala Valkyrie, at the same time they go with the weapon first and build from there and what they wanted was the quarterstaff, that's one of the weapons I have been waiting for for a while come to that.

I agree over the heavy, he sounds pretty fun to play from his description and I am hoping this is the case because I want a pure tank and I do intend to rep all the Wu Lin characters. The Wu Lin bring a lot of new stuff which can be concerning, we will need to see how punishable it is before jumping to conclusions though and to see how the reworks Valkyrie is rumoured to have, Lawbringer and Warden seem to in the trailer and any others the devs bring in affect things.

SoulDrinker566
06-17-2018, 02:25 AM
Maybe in the future we can get someone like Lu Bu (halberd wielding hero).

New game mode seems very interesting though.

MuscleTech12018
06-17-2018, 01:35 PM
It's only me who's not impressed with the new crap addition ? I still want to see proffesionalism, hero balance, proper tournaments ... not more crap added to ruin the game.. meh.. "Ubisoft"

Illyrian_King
06-17-2018, 09:33 PM
It's only me who's not impressed with the new crap addition ? I still want to see proffesionalism, hero balance, proper tournaments ... not more crap added to ruin the game.. meh.. "Ubisoft"

Me personally I give a sheeessh on these items ... finally this game is getting the content it needed. Not talking about Heroes, but about Breach. It finally enriches the game with new core mechanics, that are so desperately needed to make this game fun beside the combat system.

E1seNw0Lf
06-18-2018, 12:14 AM
These 4 month tho. Even 2 would be a long time but this ... gnaaah! Makes the game even more boring - for me - right now. ;(

HazelrahFirefly
06-18-2018, 03:36 AM
I watched the video detailing the movesets of the Tiandi and Shaolin... boy, oh boy, am I worried about the game being even more broken now. They both look like S+ tier monsters that will completely outshine everybody.

Oct 16th should be S8, so S7 will HAVE to have the remainder of the reworks, including tweaking up the already reworked heroes. Otherwise it's a 'have the new heroes or quit' kind of situation.

Knight_Raime
06-18-2018, 05:31 AM
I watched the video detailing the movesets of the Tiandi and Shaolin... boy, oh boy, am I worried about the game being even more broken now. They both look like S+ tier monsters that will completely outshine everybody.

Oct 16th should be S8, so S7 will HAVE to have the remainder of the reworks, including tweaking up the already reworked heroes. Otherwise it's a 'have the new heroes or quit' kind of situation.

Tiandi has glaring weaknesses. Shaolin has no soft feints. Trust me. Like any DLC hero released before them they seem broken on paper. We will figure them out and make them feel mortal.

We saw evidence of an LB rework and a warden rework. we already know valk is in the middle of being reworked. that means we only have 3 heros that we have no word on. Warlord, raider, shugoki.

snake_rh68
06-26-2018, 12:32 AM
if i have gold ? then what ?

CandleInTheDark
06-26-2018, 01:32 AM
if i have gold ? then what ?

Assuming you mean do you get the heroes for free, no, gold and the season pass cover only the first six DLC heroes.

Mannoloroth
06-27-2018, 03:48 PM
So, new faction had attacked the Knights.

Next Holy Crusade on the Wu Lin knightbois

deus vult deus deus vult deus deus vult deus deus vult deus deus vult deus vult

Soul_of_Midgard
06-27-2018, 09:43 PM
I really think that Ubisoft has improved this game over time and i really appreciate it BUT looking at the new faction brings up some concerns. So before i start to write this down, i'm NOT in the samurai faction.

Bringing in the Chinese is not the actual problem i have with it, my concerns are about the big picture in the end. So what i mean with this is, everybody who likes Asia or Asian warriors sticked with the samurai, either because they actually like samurais OR because there was nothing else to go when it comes to asia. But with the Chinese, not only do we have TWO asian factions, i fear that this will weak either the samurai faction or the chinese because....well because they are BOTH asian.

Sure, you can play with whoever you want regardless of which faction you belong to, but you can only join ONE faction to play for when it comes to the faction war.

Do you get my point? - one faction out of this asian corner WILL suffer member wise, because they are BOTH asian. I really think that UBISOFT made a mistake here, this is ONE asian club too much in the room.

I personally would have liked to see greeks enter the war, but i guess that train has left the station now.

What do you think people? - am i paranoid or do these concerns make any sense to anybody?

CandleInTheDark
06-27-2018, 10:21 PM
I really think that Ubisoft has improved this game over time and i really appreciate it BUT looking at the new faction brings up some concerns. So before i start to write this down, i'm NOT in the samurai faction.

Bringing in the Chinese is not the actual problem i have with it, my concerns are about the big picture in the end. So what i mean with this is, everybody who likes Asia or Asian warriors sticked with the samurai, either because they actually like samurais OR because there was nothing else to go when it comes to asia. But with the Chinese, not only do we have TWO asian factions, i fear that this will weak either the samurai faction or the chinese because....well because they are BOTH asian.

Sure, you can play with whoever you want regardless of which faction you belong to, but you can only join ONE faction to play for when it comes to the faction war.

Do you get my point? - one faction out of this asian corner WILL suffer member wise, because they are BOTH asian. I really think that UBISOFT made a mistake here, this is ONE asian club too much in the room.

I personally would have liked to see greeks enter the war, but i guess that train has left the station now.

What do you think people? - am i paranoid or do these concerns make any sense to anybody?

Ok so here is the thing that always annoys me with this argument.

China and Japan are actually further away from each other than the Scandinavian countries are from the places that we would consider to have a rich history in the chivalric era. I am talking French, Italian and English knights, hell let's go further back and say Roman infantry. Both culturally and in terms of distance, going by the argument that people are using over the Wu Lin faction we should not already have both the Vikings and Knights.

But that is pretty irrelevant anyway, the first new faction was always going to be Chinese because the devs look at the weapons first and China was where they wanted to go next.

Soul_of_Midgard
06-28-2018, 01:43 AM
For a person who calls himself Candle In the Dark, your respond left me totally in DARKNESS to be honest.

But anyways, since i'm talking about a GAME and you feel the need to give a person history and geographic lessons, i'm just gonna ignore anything else from your end.

Thanks for nothing, next one please...

Alustar.
06-28-2018, 02:02 AM
For a person who calls himself Candle In the Dark, your respond left me totally in DARKNESS to be honest.

But anyways, since i'm talking about a GAME and you feel the need to give a person history and geographic lessons, i'm just gonna ignore anything else from your end.

Thanks for nothing, next one please...

Saying "they are both Asian so that's why it's dumb!" Is in and of itself, ******ed because Vikings and the English knights are both from Europe. So your entire argument is asinine to anyone who has more than the minimum requirement of brain capacity and cool be left unattended.
That help clear it up for you?

Soul_of_Midgard
06-28-2018, 02:38 AM
Yeah i get it, Vikings are Europeans and NOT scandinavian, only china or japan are asian and i'm the village idiot. Jesus Christ i hope someone deletes my account here in this f...d environment.

Vakris_One
06-28-2018, 10:46 AM
Yeah i get it, Vikings are Europeans and NOT scandinavian, only china or japan are asian and i'm the village idiot. Jesus Christ i hope someone deletes my account here in this f...d environment.
You do know there is a difference between racial heritage and the geographical names for parts of the world, right? If you don't know the difference between a race of people and a geographic nationality then perhaps you are indeed a strong candidate for "village idiot" - your words not mine.

The Vikings were Scandinavians (race) who happened to be located on the continent of Europe (geographic location). The English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish knights were also located in Europe and although they share certain racial ancestries with each other none of them are Scandinavians. Now let's take this lesson to the Continent of Asia. The Chinese are a race. Asia is where they are located. The Japanese, Koreans, Burmese, Vietnamese, Indians, Mongolians, etc are all seperate races of people (with some common ancestry here and there) who all happen to be geograpgically located on the continent of Asia.

To bundle them all together as "Asians" in an attempt to say "they are all the same race" is as innacurate and ignorant as is bundling two different European races like Scandinavians and Greeks and calling them "the same thing."

B.00n
06-29-2018, 01:11 PM
Me and my friend can't invite each other into group, we both got nat strict, fixing this might be impossible (got dynamic ip from isp, and they have no clue about those ports i want to them to open).
Any solution? I convinced 2 of my friends to the game and now i can't even play with them.
Will Ubisoft migrate grouping system into dedicated server? If yes, then when? If not, I'm sorry but we might abandon the game, because really it's pointless if we couldn't play together.
Best regards

Soldier_of_Dawn
07-04-2018, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Soul_of_Midgard Go to original post

You do know there is a difference between racial heritage and the geographical names for parts of the world, right? If you don't know the difference between a race of people and a geographic nationality then perhaps you are indeed a strong candidate for "village idiot" - your words not mine.

The Vikings were Scandinavians (race) who happened to be located on the continent of Europe (geographic location). The English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish knights were also located in Europe and although they share certain racial ancestries with each other none of them are Scandinavians. Now let's take this lesson to the Continent of Asia. The Chinese are a race. Asia is where they are located. The Japanese, Koreans, Burmese, Vietnamese, Indians, Mongolians, etc are all seperate races of people (with some common ancestry here and there) who all happen to be geograpgically located on the continent of Asia.

To bundle them all together as "Asians" in an attempt to say "they are all the same race" is as innacurate and ignorant as is bundling two different European races like Scandinavians and Greeks and calling them "the same thing."

I think what Soul_of_Midgard was getting at are the similarities between China(Wu Lin) and Japan(Samurai) of the given time period. It is known that historically China had a strong influence over Japan in terms of culture, language, architecture, and religion for a long time. How would that translate to today's issue? Players who either have chinese heritage or a great appreciation for chinese history and culture would initally chose the Samurai faction as they would be the closest thing to a chinese faction. However, the concern was with the arrival of a chinese faction, some of the Samurai faction would migrate to the Wu Lin and reduce the Samurai's chance of winning any faction war or event. Also, the numbers in the Wu Lin faction wouldn't be enough to compete with either the Vikings or Knights.

https://historyplex.com/cultural-differences-similarities-between-china-japan

I'd say the real issues with Soul_of_Midgard's argument is, one, the poor wording and, two, the assumption that either most or a significant percentage of the Samurai faction are made up of Asian players who are really fans of chinese warrior's, history, and culture or of chinese heritage. We'll just have to see how things play out. Players from all factions may migrate to the Wu Lin faction and I'm sure we would have the documentaries, TV series, and movies to thank for that as well as heritage and relatability. I think a lot of players would migrate to Wu Lin because of how cool the characters are and fancy changing things up as far as the direction of the faction war goes.

If things get too onesided for any faction, I'm sure Ubisoft would implement a new mechanic to even the playing field such as faction revenge, natural disasters, or divine intervention if we speak loud enough.