PDA

View Full Version : please do not add the Wu lin

PizzelMaster
06-12-2018, 12:00 AM
The Wu lin is just part of the neighboring country of the Japanese, the only character that looks cool is the Chinese centurion, and we already know hes gonna be broken the the old centurion... i mean you wanna add a monk, this is just gonna add another asian faction, why cant we get like an aztec faction or an african tribe faction, WE DONT NEED ANOTHER ASIAN FACTION

tell me how you feel about the Wu Lin coming into the game

PizzelMaster
06-12-2018, 12:01 AM
side note all the characters look like just pure fantasy to me

XJadeDragoonX
06-12-2018, 12:21 AM
This kind of just shows how much of an ******* you are. What they are wearing is relatively historically accurate. Meanwhile, Asia is the largest continent in the world. Just because Chinese people and Japanese people have small eyes, it doesn't make them the same. Chinese and Japanese have extraordinarily different weapons and fighting styles than one another. Ans the Wu Lin vanguard and the centurion have COMPLETELY different weapons and will more than likely fight very differently. Chinese and japanese also have different armor types. A different language and overall culture. You're just a dickhead. You might as well say that they shouldn't have both knights and Vikings because they're both from europe. Regardless of the fact that they're VASTLY different. I'm disappointed to share a planet with you

bannex19
06-12-2018, 12:21 AM
Sadly I agree with you, they could've added Arabic/Persian, mayan/comanche/native American, hell they could've made the greek/Roman a faction and given the knights proper knight heroes.

This chinese faction looks like a cross promotional event featuring square enix junk.

This looks beyond stupid.

bannex19
06-12-2018, 12:23 AM
This kind of just shows how much of an ******* you are. What they are wearing is relatively historically accurate. Meanwhile, Asia is the largest continent in the world. Just because Chinese people and Japanese people have small eyes, it doesn't make them the same. Chinese and Japanese have extraordinarily different weapons and fighting styles than one another. Ans the Wu Lin vanguard and the centurion have COMPLETELY different weapons and will more than likely fight very differently. Chinese and japanese also have different armor types. A different language and overall culture. You're just a dickhead. You might as well say that they shouldn't have both knights and Vikings because they're both from europe. I'm disappointed to share a planet with you

Dude was not racist in anyway. Don't make this into an "I'm offended" post.

XJadeDragoonX
06-12-2018, 12:27 AM
It's not an I'm offended post. It's a "these cultures are monumentally different and in no way similar so I don't see a problem" post

AzureSky.
06-12-2018, 12:38 AM
to be honest yeah, no one asked for Chinese warriors, everyone said Arabic-Persian or mayan / american native characters.

PizzelMaster
06-12-2018, 12:45 AM
This kind of just shows how much of an ******* you are. What they are wearing is relatively historically accurate. Meanwhile, Asia is the largest continent in the world. Just because Chinese people and Japanese people have small eyes, it doesn't make them the same. Chinese and Japanese have extraordinarily different weapons and fighting styles than one another. Ans the Wu Lin vanguard and the centurion have COMPLETELY different weapons and will more than likely fight very differently. Chinese and japanese also have different armor types. A different language and overall culture. You're just a dickhead. You might as well say that they shouldn't have both knights and Vikings because they're both from europe. Regardless of the fact that they're VASTLY different. I'm disappointed to share a planet with you

HOW IN ANYWAY WAS I RACIST, i said we do not need another faction with asian heritage, we already have a samuri faction, we dont need a tibet monk, a chinese centurion, a what to be looks like a Mongolian warrior, and i forget the other one

PizzelMaster
06-12-2018, 12:47 AM
my point is, this new faction looks overall disappointing , also i was hyped about the new faction coming into the game, but no it was a let down

Orisoll
06-12-2018, 12:53 AM
People were already invested in the three original factions, adding a completely new one was a bad move in my opinion. There was so much more territory to explore with Knights, Vikings, and Samurai, but now all the focus that could've gone into fleshing them out is going into a completely new set faction. Unless they've somehow got the resources to continue to add new heroes to the existing factions while also trying to play catch-up with the 4-man roster of the Chinese faction, I think it's safe to say this reveal means we won't be seeing any new knights, vikings, or samurai.

JadeBosson.
06-12-2018, 12:58 AM
WE DONT NEED ANOTHER ASIAN FACTION

This post seems a bit racist lol

EvoX.
06-12-2018, 01:26 AM
This post seems a bit racist lol

Or, it could be that he wants something other than Samurai 2.0? An opinion which I also share, kind of disappointed that's the new faction.

RenegadeRasta
06-12-2018, 01:33 AM
The Wu lin is just part of the neighboring country of the Japanese, the only character that looks cool is the Chinese centurion, and we already know hes gonna be broken the the old centurion... i mean you wanna add a monk, this is just gonna add another asian faction, why cant we get like an aztec faction or an african tribe faction, WE DONT NEED ANOTHER ASIAN FACTION

I feel great about the Wu Lin, a chinese faction, coming into For Honor. I also feel that you're shortsighted. "Wu Lin vanguard looks just like Centurion. Therefore, they MUST be the same!" *rolls eyes*

Vakris_One
06-12-2018, 01:43 AM

I don't see any problem with having another Asian faction. I mean we have two main European factions with "mercenary" DLC warriors that frankly are like having 2 more European mini-factions. That's basically 4 distinct European warrior factions (albeit condensed into a mish mash of 2 main factions) to the Japanese's grand total of 1 distinct Asian faction.

It's perfectly fine to have another Asian faction even though I think the Chinese warriors could have easily been added as a mercenary part of the Samurai faction like the Romans were for the Knights and the Celtic Highlander was for the Vikings. It would have been more interesting in my opinion if they used the 4th faction spot for a 4th totally diferent warrior culture like the Persians, Aztecs, Zulu or etc. who could then have similiar mercenary DLC warriors added to them like the Native Americans, Mongols, Egyptians, etc. But they went with the Chinese as the 4th faction and that's cool too.

side note all the characters look like just pure fantasy to me
Then it's possible you are not familiar with historical Chinese warriors. The guy with the Dadao sword in particular is quite accurate to a depiction of a Chinese general from the Ming Dynasty as is the Guan Yu-esque character wielding the Guandao polearm. The woman is wearing clothes that are reminiscient of ones from the Ming Dynasty period and the monk is pretty much a Shaolin monk.

Google up on some Chinese history dude, there's tons of fascinating stuff.

Lethalchem
06-12-2018, 01:54 AM
I must admit Iím not as excited about the reveal as I had anticipated I would be either. I was hoping for something that was more significantly different from what we already have.

Do I have a problem with adding a Chinese faction? Mildly. Iím more let down by what appears to be a bit of a remake of the Samarai.

Am I the only one who sees the Samurai {Kensei (single sword, Vanguard), Shugoki (fat guy with spear, Heavy), Nobushi (monk staff, Hybrid), and Shinobi (female with hook swords, Assassin )} in these new chars?

I realize itís all very early to know what their plans are. If they continue to add factions in the future than I have no issue with this addition at all. If, however, this is the only faction they ever add, I think they could have done somethibg a little more different from what we already have.

PizzelMaster
06-12-2018, 02:07 AM
I feel great about the Wu Lin, a chinese faction, coming into For Honor. I also feel that you're shortsighted. "Wu Lin vanguard looks just like Centurion. Therefore, they MUST be the same!" *rolls eyes*

if you feel that the wu lin is a good addition then thats great, but there is no need to insult me... thats just rude

PizzelMaster
06-12-2018, 02:09 AM
i read all you guys comments, and no it was not racist, second its my opinion no need to insult me and be complete cucks about it, and lastly i really dont know alot about chinese culture, but i do know quite a bit about japanese culture, but i mean the fat guy with a long spear or something is just a man version of the nibushi, the chinese centurion looks alot like the centurion, i mean its a pattern here.

EDG_Avocado
06-12-2018, 02:14 AM
Nope, please DO add the wulin faction and they will.

Don't be racist, I wouldn't have mind if it was arab or w/e race type factions they added. Also the siege mode makes a lot of sense with the wulin faction

UbiInsulin
06-12-2018, 02:20 AM
We are going to add the faction that we announced at E3 today. It's kind of late in the game for us to consider changing to a different one! More details on the heroes can be found here (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/expansion/marching-fire/index.aspx), by the way.

Since this thread has already gotten off to a rough start, and we're definitely adding the Wu Lin, I'm going to opt to close this thread. New faction suggestions are still welcome, but the 4 heroes announced today are already in the pipeline.