PDA

View Full Version : The Division 2 - Washington D.C. Setting, Raids - E3 2018

UbiInsulin
06-11-2018, 11:43 PM
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/marketingresource/en-us/skull-and-bones/game/news/images/div2_capitol_960x540_328376.jpg

The Division 2 has been fully unveiled at E3 2018. Set in Washington D.C., the game takes place seven months after a deadly virus was released in New York City and the nation has become a shell of its former glory. While the virus has been contained, its effects are most evident in the devastated streets of the nation's capital where survivors cling to hope and struggle to rebuild. Enter The Division, a unit of civilian sleeper agents who now must work to stop enemy factions from completely taking over the city and ultimately, the nation. As a universally-regarded seat of power, if D.C. falls, the nation falls. With civilians helpless and fearing for their lives, players will be the last line of defense in preventing the total collapse of society.

https://youtu.be/e7P5m9DPtZo

Set in a one-to-one recreation of Washington, D.C., The Division 2 has been shaped by all the lessons the development team learned from listening and collaborating with players since The Division's launch more than two years ago. As a result, the game has been developed with an endgame-first mentality. For players, this means that from day one, The Division 2's main campaign will naturally flow into a robust endgame with its own narrative thread and unique challenges.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/marketingresource/en-us/skull-and-bones/game/news/images/dc_setting_raids-image-airforce1_328377.jpg

Progress also continues long after Level 30. Once you reach the level cap, you'll be able to select a Specialization. Each Specialization, like sharpshooter, demolitionist, or survivalist, comes with its own progression path. These paths introduce new skill mods, talents, and tools, including brand new signature weapons. As you further customize your Agent, you'll also have access to a wealth of PvP experiences, including a fully revamped Dark Zone experience. Additionally, in a first for the franchise, eight-player raids will make their way to The Division 2. These challenging missions will test the skill, communication, and teamwork of even the most expert Agents.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/marketingresource/en-us/skull-and-bones/game/news/images/dc_setting_raids-image-helicopter_328378.jpg

While there will be tons of content available on day one, The Division 2 is committed to continually offering new content updates. Post-launch, the game will see the inclusion of a year's worth of story-driven missions, map expansions, and new modes for free.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/marketingresource/en-us/skull-and-bones/game/news/images/dc_setting_raids-image-capitol_firefight_328379.jpg

For those who want even more content, an optional premium pass will give you access to one year of exclusive add-ons. The Division 2 will arrive in March 2019 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC; keep your eyes open for more updates as E3 2018 continues.

06-12-2018, 03:13 AM
Can you confirm matchmaking for Raids?

RushLoongHammer
06-12-2018, 08:21 AM
What are the add-ons in the season pass?

MeinderDK
06-12-2018, 12:13 PM
yes 8 player

Fyasco
06-12-2018, 09:13 PM
What are the add-ons in the season pass?

There is no season pass for the base game or the year 1 content

pec1468
06-13-2018, 03:21 AM
Looking forward to seeing this game come along. Raids should be a great addition to the game and it will be interesting to see how they will work them. 8 man teams for the raids sounds awesome.

IainStewart
06-17-2018, 12:07 PM
For those who want even more content, an optional premium pass will give you access to one year of exclusive add-ons. The Division 2 will arrive in March 2019 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC; keep your eyes open for more updates as E3 2018 continues.[/SIZE]

What is the optional content in the above mentioned premium pass?

silentil
06-18-2018, 01:31 PM
So impatient for this cant wait until March!

Stingrayed
06-28-2018, 11:06 AM
There is no season pass for the base game or the year 1 content

I believe that guy was referring to this statement at the bottom of the op.

"...or those who want even more content, an optional premium pass will give you access to one year of exclusive add-ons. The Division 2 will arrive in March 2019 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC; keep your eyes open for more updates as E3 2018 continues."

I have the same question about said content as well as how much will it cost.

FOE-Q
07-11-2018, 01:01 AM
Post-launch, the game will see the inclusion of a year's worth of story-driven missions, map expansions, and new modes for free.

I wonder how in-depth, what mysteries will be unraveled, and how rewarded these story-driven missions will be? Here is hoping to a long drawn out questline full of mystery, intrigue, riddles and puzzles, leading players into the darkest most reaching depths of the DC underbelly and ultimately to very very good rewards.

I hope the map expansions are larger than west side piers is in TD1. For me, a map expansion should have as much exploration value as content value. Hope all expansions have layered maps above ground, below ground, and I also hope more buildings and structures are navigatable.

I wonder if new modes really means new modes, of it means the same modes from TD1 just updated with more polish and new to TD2? Are undground, survival, and last stand modes going to be present at launch, and we can expect completely new and different modes to come. Or, will undground, survival, and last stand be redone, refirbished, and these are the modes we can expect to be implemented over the course of the year?

For those who want even more content, an optional premium pass will give you access to one year of exclusive add-ons..

Since the start of the sentence states 'more content' I am going out on a limb here and say this means that there will be puchasable content much like UG and Survival despite the E3 commentary stating that there would be no content behind a paywall. I am a little confused by this quote as it uses the term content in the begining and ends with add-ons.

Content are quests, missions, events, game modes etc. Add-ons could be any thing.

Can we get some clarification on this?

AdmiralLW
07-11-2018, 01:43 PM
Can you confirm matchmaking for Raids?

Sub-standard matchmaking will be in the game. don't you worry.

I believe that guy was referring to this statement at the bottom of the op.

"...or those who want even more content, an optional premium pass will give you access to one year of exclusive add-ons. The Division 2 will arrive in March 2019 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC; keep your eyes open for more updates as E3 2018 continues."

I have the same question about said content as well as how much will it cost.

p2w addons.

Stingrayed
07-16-2018, 01:07 PM
Afraid to say I agree...