PDA

View Full Version : What just happened?!

DiDoFRGT10
06-11-2018, 09:20 PM
Someone talk to me I'm going crazy in here!! What just happened?! Jade is there and she's with the Alpha sections?! And Pey'j knows her?! Does any of this make sense and I don't get it?!

Kamirure
06-11-2018, 10:01 PM
I don't know either but my head is still spinning as well. It could be Jade's mom possibly or the Jade we know and love could of suffered amnesia at some point before the beginning of the first game. I'm just still so excited and overwhelmed with what they did show us it's hard to think clearly with being this excited.

DiDoFRGT10
06-12-2018, 12:02 AM
I have a theory, Dakini is Jade's mother, Jade goes missing and Dakini goes looking for her, and Jade is captured by the Domz and they brainwash her?

RainbowSixInch
06-12-2018, 12:47 AM
I'm not sure?!!!!

BloodRune8864
06-12-2018, 02:08 AM
But if she was captured by the Domz then surely they would have already returned Shauni to the high priest?

Daroth_343
06-12-2018, 02:33 AM
This is a prequel, so it's a younger Jade. I remember from the first time the game was presented, the game was meant to take place before Jade's birth? But this appears to have changed and the game now apparently takes place not long before the first game, and after Jade's birth. So the Jade we see is a younger Jade. Apparently Dakini went missing (this takes place after the first trailer), and this young Jade hunts down pirates along with the Alpha Section. We knew Jade had a mysterious past, which Pey'j kept a secret, but it's still a bit shocking to see she went around murdering people.

DiDoFRGT10
06-12-2018, 09:23 AM
Here's a fun fact! I've been gathering media for the game, and I've just realized that Pay'j wallpaper was created on March 30th 2017 04:57 PM! The same time and date the Dakini, Li Daiyu and Zhou Yuzhu wallpapers were created! but the Jade wallpaper was created on April‎ ‎10‎th ‎2018 11:19 AM, which makes me think that Pey'j was intended to be in the game from the start, but Jade was added as a change of plans, maybe due to fans asking about her, or as result to the survey they made few months ago, if that's the case and they're really listening to the fans, I'm equally happy and scared, I'm happy they're listening to the feedback, but I'm scared they listen way too much that it would ruin the game..

https://db3pap001files.storage.live.com/y4mg-P0TFaINvV4PKJXZwvIZEymsQ0mP-_TM6l36ZW7tSiNblFiBXN85McchRdvP2ISUL4A9JrEY0Aj_apI-skWfg2uIcgArmd43olLpB7t0on3W6oZtjC6OIOlV1PmfJnw9jk Qdu7lLW95tLwQ3MeWBKY__yhCYxo9661O2AebnIaCjPdwLUFWk WgBHeLJunDP/Annotation.png?psid=1&width=1575&height=885

https://db3pap001files.storage.live.com/y4m6GsgESdj0Hrf-KewgdFJatcwRmORr3UjspgyMAHHV0q82EFeJdfLJqF5Q-I5wUVAnvSVCdraYPSp_4Cz8d40bVjmXn_OFZ58PCPXHNMtDAeU zz4b41nWN6IOcysxtjoqsvYTETP5xe_S4ur8c6INXthjvQ27m3 PKP6mqCtcNxyte84pCYMWr7HMGxKqlwBaW/Annotation2.png?psid=1&width=739&height=423

atubaboun
06-12-2018, 09:33 AM
look at the scar over his right eye, same as BGE1's Pey'j .

Colerinho
06-12-2018, 12:05 PM
I definitely think this is Pey'j from BGE1. But we're also looking at Shauni and I think Jade will be "born" out of her, or she will reincarnate as Jade after they change Shauni to being good. It might be a play of words when they said this game will take place before the "birth" of Jade.

bitebug2003
06-12-2018, 01:28 PM
I'm not fussed - I'm just glad they're back :)

Question is, is Jade playable?

KosmoKomic
06-12-2018, 02:12 PM
Maybe the Jade in the trailer is a younger version of her, maybe around teenage years. You have to realize that the Jade in BG&E was around just around her 20's. We don't know exactly when Jade and Pey'j arrive to Hillys. We just know she lived there long enough to say that She lived during her childhood there.
At Best my guess is that she won't remember the events in BG&E2 because of some sort of memory loss related reason.

lucky13x
06-12-2018, 03:47 PM
Hey y'all,

HitRECord.org has a video that explains all this and more. I would rather this game not be a prequel-sequel, but I trust Ancel and Ubisoft to deliver the goods.

https://hitrecord.org/records/3509139

Hope this clears things up for ya.

atubaboun
06-12-2018, 04:31 PM
well, since system 3's population is made of clones I guess you could create your character so that they would look like jade, seeing where the game is headed i don't think we won't play as already known characters but rather meet them.
This whole clonage thing is strange tho, i don't think they have that problem in system 4, I wonder what it will mean for characters like jade and dakini, or pey'j, and the domz.

jmk1999
06-12-2018, 11:30 PM
didn't we all think it was suppose to be like 50 years prior or something. either they all age well, or we were all just thrown for a loop. i kinda wanna see how this turns out and how jade turns into the girl we all know and love.

Daroth_343
06-13-2018, 08:31 PM
That's pretty definitely not the case. We've gotten a precise timeline in the stream just a few weeks ago, and that stream even contained glimpses of that very E3 story trailer.
In the initial reveal, they clearly said that the game takes place "before the birth of Jade" (Gabrielle said this in the live conference). I don't know where the 50 years were stated, but it would make sense that this was what they had in mind initially. The timeline they've shown is far more recent and it's only then that they stated the story takes place "after" the birth of Jade. Given how little of the game was set in stone, my impression is that fan feedback caused them to rethink the story and make it so that it's now set after Jade's birth. In other words the 50 years is probably no longer accurate.

emirparkreiner7
06-14-2018, 12:56 AM
Makes sense to me. Things we learned in the first game:

General Kehck says the DomZ High Priest has been chasing Jade for centuries. They have a history.

The DomZ High Priest said Pey'j hid Jade's origins from her. She doesn't remember being a space murderer.

He also says he is her master and the 'instrument of my strength'. Clearly she was used to serve the DomZ.

He also says 'They made you human'. There has been some back and forth over control of Jade and what form she takes.

Pey'j said he knew Jades parents, so he definitely knew all this craziness too.

As stated by others, I also think the narrative and timeline changed over the last year, putting Jade and Pey'j at the center of the story.

OgreRZ
06-14-2018, 08:19 AM
Very exciting trailer. Let me just point out that Michel himself points out a few tips for timeline on his instagram :
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj5cadBgy_G/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=fsf9x5sryovv
It's in French but basically he confirms that Jade has amnesia :)

OgreRZ
06-16-2018, 07:11 PM
I think amnesia part is here : Elle même n’a plus la mémoire de tout cela. But my French is rusty :) his posts are short but he does answer sometimes so it's really cool. Hard to say what is really going on. Jade can be old in bge 1 just not look like it.

Daroth_343
06-17-2018, 08:25 PM
Just been rewatching a few cutscenes from the first BG&E and, yeah. That timeline is bust. :p

General Kehck literally says the DomZ have been hunting Jade for hundreds of years.
That's certainly an interesting point. Even if we assume that he was referring to Shauni rather than Jade (the final boss tells Jade that "they made you human"; implying she wasn't a human being originally), that would mean that Shauni was taken from the Domz, turned into a human, but then joined the Alpha Sections (basically the Domz)? I hope they manage to keep the story consistent...