PDA

View Full Version : Won't believe for this second time...

x4_rgon
06-11-2018, 08:24 PM
Sorry Ubisoft, not this time. I fell for it for the first time - i bought full game and DLC in the beginning - i fell for great story (which partially was delivered), but other things you failed.

Massive open world (not part of it)
Great co-op (which was ultra boring - damage soaking etc, itemization)
Superb pvp (cheats, client side settings), pvp ganking.

I hope you guys and girls (and all gamers) will use common sense this time and pass on this title. Save your money...

Cheers!

agentCoats
06-11-2018, 09:05 PM
Sorry Ubisoft, not this time. I fell for it for the first time - i bought full game and DLC in the beginning - i fell for great story (which partially was delivered), but other things you failed.

I hope you guys and girls (and all gamers) will use common sense this time and pass on this title. Save your money...

Cheers!

Depends on what you call common sense. Also depends on the view of how enjoyable the first game was. Alot more ppl will be wary but I cant imagine most ppl with be that wary they will factor in the issues with the endgame we all faced in TD1. Ppl will see the cost of the initial outlay, weigh it against what value for money they think theyll get and make a decision. At least that what I hope ppl will do. Unless ofc the most ingrained issues of the first game happen to filter into the second. Then maybe alot of ppl will skip or wait to buy.

Will be interesting to see if the sales for the sequel match the first game or dwarf it.

Jimmy-48-B
06-11-2018, 09:39 PM
Dude won't even wait and give it a chance. Sheesh.

H.Harwig
06-11-2018, 09:41 PM
That was not worth waiting for

Mavman42
06-11-2018, 09:45 PM
Don't buy it then, I loved the first and I believed they learned from their mistakes. Alot of you guys expecting a perfect game on a new a different idea they had.

Goo-Goo-Man
06-11-2018, 09:47 PM

Cheers!

Hot-damn after that trailer don’t you worry dude - I’ve got you covered. I’ll buy two copies so that’ll make up for your lost sale!

Cheers!

agentCoats
06-11-2018, 09:48 PM
Don't buy it then, I loved the first and I believed they learned from their mistakes. Alot of you guys expecting a perfect game on a new a different idea they had.

Dont believe in the perfect game.... a better game in certain areas would be enough.

mckrackin5324
06-11-2018, 10:24 PM
So which banned member are you? It will come to me.

Fyasco
06-11-2018, 10:26 PM
That's your right as a consumer, and tbh it's smart that you wait to see...sign up and play the beta, watch streams of others playing it to see if you like it. No need to poop on the game without looking at it...

I for one, cannot wait for this game - I loved the 1st one and still play it lol

Freudian-Slips
06-11-2018, 10:37 PM
Dude won't even wait and give it a chance. Sheesh.

Personally I don't blame him after the mess of The division 1(the fake walkthrough trailers of E3 2014/15 showing stuff we never got etc etc etc) the constant nerfing/the constant cheating/glitching/exploiting, the lack of clarity the lack of content, the god awful DLC that were just separate game modes.

I'm in the same boat i'm sceptical and this scripted walkthrough for the Division 2 harks back to the scripted Division 1 walkthrough and does nothing for me so far.

He has every right to not believe and be very sceptical of the next iteration of the series.

I certainly won't be pre-ordering or buying it on release I may just may buy it several months down the line pre -owned.

x4_rgon
06-12-2018, 03:57 PM
I'm not banned. I play The Division sometimes - they made it better but way too late (game abandonded my most of players). You missed the spot.

joelsantos24
06-12-2018, 04:11 PM
So which banned member are you? It will come to me.
Oh, come on, seriously? You make it sound like the concerns he "voiced", weren't real. Are we going to pretend that about 95% of the player-base didn't leave about a month after release? Are we going to pretend that the game didn't suffer from a debilitating lack of meaningful end game content? Are we going to pretend that the PvP wasn't blatantly unbalanced and broken?

I know what it looks like, a fan taking his time just to come here and tell everyone he's not buying the game. That's his right. But with that being said, let's also not pretend that he's merely delusional, please. TD1 had many, many, many serious and experience-impacting problems and errors. Many of which still linger to this day, believe it or not. Many fans of the game feel burnt by Massive and Ubisoft, with their more than apparent inability or oblivious nature to seriously tackle the problems and actually solve them.

I'm also highly skeptical, by the way, and everything I've been reading about or hearing, is being met with serious doubts. Until I see PS4 Pro footage or get to play the Beta, I'll doubt everything.

babast_
06-12-2018, 04:41 PM

Cheers!

Depending on the people I think it's more a matter of half empty or half full glass, than a matter of common sense.

From my perspective, The Division brought to me nearly 1.8K hours of entertainment and made me met more than 200 nice gaming fellows. Sure I would be lying if I pretended the experience was always fun but I think I got my money worth out of TD1 so I will gladly preorder TD2.

Riflemania
06-12-2018, 04:44 PM
I hope you guys and girls (and all gamers) will use common sense this time and buy this title.

Sure will, loving the positivity:D

SevenNVD
06-12-2018, 04:57 PM
Oh, come on, seriously? You make it sound like the concerns he "voiced", weren't real. Are we going to pretend that about 95% of the player-base didn't leave about a month after release? Are we going to pretend that the game didn't suffer from a debilitating lack of meaningful end game content? Are we going to pretend that the PvP wasn't blatantly unbalanced and broken?

I know what it looks like, a fan taking his time just to come here and tell everyone he's not buying the game. That's his right. But with that being said, let's also not pretend that he's merely delusional, please. TD1 had many, many, many serious and experience-impacting problems and errors. Many of which still linger to this day, believe it or not. Many fans of the game feel burnt by Massive and Ubisoft, with their more than apparent inability or oblivious nature to seriously tackle the problems and actually solve them.

I'm also highly skeptical, by the way, and everything I've been reading about or hearing, is being met with serious doubts. Until I see PS4 Pro footage or get to play the Beta, I'll doubt everything.

You are aiming this on the wrong guy, trust me. :)

JohnnyPersia222
06-12-2018, 05:14 PM

I think this is the best approach to take, and I'll be doing the same. While I'm very excited for it, I'm still going to wait for several days after the game comes out before I purchase it. Even though Massive has undoubtedly made improvements to the first game, it's been a long and bumpy road. And as we saw with Bungie, we can't simply take it for granted that all of the lessons and improvements will manifest themselves in the sequel. Destiny 2 should be a warning to everyone against assumptions of this sort.

I will say say, if this game and Anthem are both good, I have no idea how I'll manage between these two games, Warframe, and all of the single-player games I want to play! :D

uhuriger
06-12-2018, 06:13 PM
Isent it the common sence of advertisement to make thinks look bright and shiny?

Dident heard that somebody goes to Mercedes Benz and says he Dudes where is all that feelings of freedom and freeness on that super montainroad with my "Happy" family.
Same for parfumes...u get a parfume and not that supercool muscledude livestyle feeling with pleanty of hot models around u...

Sure there are still propps with the game but i have still good entertainment with it....and iam also so naive to trust them, that they have learned from their mystakes.
The Division is the game i put lots of lifetime in...sure iam going to buy Nr. 2

Dudes dont get immediately crazy if something isent like u expected to be..stay calm and take a breath! Everthing else makes cancer......

Hugo-FOU
06-12-2018, 11:40 PM
I played the division quite a lot, but it was always with a sense of frustration. The setting never suited the gameplay. Weapon talents, gear sets. These are all better suited to a far more sci-fi base setting.
It always seemed like it should have been a tactical shooter. Once Id played GRW I realised just how bad TCTD was. Id hoped The Division 2 would be a fresh start, but it just looks like more of the same.
For me, one to avoid.

joelsantos24
06-13-2018, 12:14 AM
I think this is the best approach to take, and I'll be doing the same. While I'm very excited for it, I'm still going to wait for several days after the game comes out before I purchase it. Even though Massive has undoubtedly made improvements to the first game, it's been a long and bumpy road. And as we saw with Bungie, we can't simply take it for granted that all of the lessons and improvements will manifest themselves in the sequel. Destiny 2 should be a warning to everyone against assumptions of this sort.

I will say say, if this game and Anthem are both good, I have no idea how I'll manage between these two games, Warframe, and all of the single-player games I want to play! :D
It doesn't help, the fact that we, Playstation fans, won't certainly get to see the game play on a PS4 or PS4 Pro, in order to take adequate conclusions. On the live stream, I only see people playing on the X1X, it seems.

I played the division quite a lot, but it was always with a sense of frustration. The setting never suited the gameplay. Weapon talents, gear sets. These are all better suited to a far more sci-fi base setting.
It always seemed like it should have been a tactical shooter. Once I’d played GRW I realised just how bad TCTD was. I’d hoped The Division 2 would be a fresh start, but it just looks like more of the same.
For me, one to avoid.
I thought the same thing. I even discussed the topic with a friend of mine, and he totally agreed. Imagine TD but with Wildlands' mechanics... That would've been awesome!

Riflemania
06-13-2018, 12:20 AM
On the live stream, I only see people playing on the X1X, it seems.

Just aswell i own one:p

Gotta say even on TD1 it looks great on XB1-X, can't wait for TD2:D

Label07
06-13-2018, 01:18 AM
Cautiously optimistic/hyped. Will wait for reviews and want to get a better grasp through the beta.

Natfrog
06-13-2018, 03:48 AM
@Mavman42
Yet we have no medics? Healers were abundant in PvE yet we have no game play footage of a single healer. I do not call that learning from there mistakes. It seems like this game is being built around the one squeaky wheel and not the 3 others that are quiet working as intended. I get PvP is a beast all to it's own so make it just that.... A beast all of it's own. Seperate it completely from PvE. Obviously they do with the map transitions but I'm suggesting PvE skills balanced specifically for PvE and PvP skills balanced specifically for PvP. If something is OP in PvP then adjust it as needed without gimping PvE builds for a reason that has no impact on game play.

Natfrog
06-13-2018, 03:56 AM
@joelsantos24
"I thought the same thing. I even discussed the topic with a friend of mine, and he totally agreed. Imagine TD but with Wildlands' mechanics... That would've been awesome!"
Which mechanics? The Division is 100 times better than Wildlands ever was or will be. I played maybe a few months of Wildlands and it got extremely boring to me. I still play The Division daily and love it. It's just a different style of game. If you don't like it simply don't play it. Just as I might not play 2 if healers and skill builds are gone.

Natfrog
06-13-2018, 04:01 AM
@JayKay040792
Looks are not everything. Sure they help but if the mechanics are not the same as the first one it will not be bought. FA/Stam/Elec need to make a return as well as all the roles from the first game expanded. Why downgrade the mechanics?
Guild Wars 2 did this and it didn't work out for them very well. Sure they did alright but a lot of core players raged and left with in the first months. I can almost guarantee GW3 will not sell that well. Maybe Div 2 will do ok but if they stab their fan base in the back by changing core mechanics you can bank on the next game flopping.

Hugo-FOU
06-13-2018, 07:44 AM
I thought the same thing. I even discussed the topic with a friend of mine, and he totally agreed. Imagine TD but with Wildlands' mechanics... That would've been awesome!

That would have been a game I would have been rushing to preorder....including DLCs. But it looks like they’re still going after the destiny crowd. Pity.

Sad thing is, from the original concept trailers for the first game, I suspect that it was intended as a tactical shooter.

joelsantos24
06-13-2018, 09:22 AM
That would have been a game I would have been rushing to preorder....including DLCs. But it looks like they’re still going after the destiny crowd. Pity.

Sad thing is, from the original concept trailers for the first game, I suspect that it was intended as a tactical shooter.
GR used to be a hardcore tactical-military simulator. It had a loyal following, back in the classic days. However, considering the current context, and particularly Ubisoft's somewhat delusional obsession with copy-pasted games and mere services, that loyal following wouldn't suffice. I say delusional, because we all know that most gamers want meaningful, insightful story-based games, as Playstation keeps showing the world. But Ubisoft, Microsoft and other companies keep propagating these lies, because it suits their plans and goals. Ubisoft is fundamentally interested in instant revenue, and they want the fans of one series to be wiling to buy and play their other games. Their business model is specifically designed to yield that effect. That's why all their games are basically the same, they're all open world, action RPG's. That's not going to change, I'm afraid.

pob709
06-13-2018, 11:22 AM
I will be very interested in week one sales three years down the road and a lot more buyers of age in the marketplace. Also timing is important and I expect it to top game leader boards. On a side note I'm am bombarded with game videos daily from sites but I was surprise by D2 not being quite at the top. Social media is also not being kind some 9 out of 10 responses being about D1 flawed experience and I quote (the knobs in the DZ) lol.

agentCoats
06-13-2018, 11:26 AM
Just in case you forget this mantra...... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYMD_W_r3Fg

joelsantos24
06-13-2018, 12:12 PM
I will be very interested in week one sales three years down the road and a lot more buyers of age in the marketplace. Also timing is important and I expect it to top game leader boards. On a side note I'm am bombarded with game videos daily from sites but I was surprise by D2 not being quite at the top. Social media is also not being kind some 9 out of 10 responses being about D1 flawed experience and I quote (the knobs in the DZ) lol.
Is that unexpected? What is it they say? When a game is rushed and released in a bad state, it's a bad game forever. When a game is released in a good shape, it's good forever. Obviously, this refers to consumer perception and appearances. The first perception is the most important, since that all remain with it forever.

The overall shape of the current game is much better now, than it was a year ago, granted, and even more so than on release date. The game is still being plagued by cheating and hacking, yes, but it plays a lot better than it used to. That being said, it was released on a really bad shape, with tons of errors and glitches, many of which are still an issue, two years after. That image will never go away, and gladly so. It means the developers have to step up and prove that they got it right, this time around. And they still have to do so, in my opinion, because much of what we've see until now, if not everything, has already been seen, more or less, before TD1 was released.

gt2k
06-13-2018, 01:28 PM

Those are on PC with a controller.

Goo-Goo-Man
06-13-2018, 01:33 PM

Verified: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1894766-Hands-On-The-Demo-At-E3

My Son is hounding me to get one after seeing all the E3 presentations.......might be a good time to consider!

Hugo-FOU
06-13-2018, 08:26 PM
Is that unexpected? What is it they say? When a game is rushed and released in a bad state, it's a bad game forever. When a game is released in a good shape, it's good forever. Obviously, this refers to consumer perception and appearances. The first perception is the most important, since that all remain with it forever.

The overall shape of the current game is much better now, than it was a year ago, granted, and even more so than on release date. The game is still being plagued by cheating and hacking, yes, but it plays a lot better than it used to. That being said, it was released on a really bad shape, with tons of errors and glitches, many of which are still an issue, two years after. That image will never go away, and gladly so. It means the developers have to step up and prove that they got it right, this time around. And they still have to do so, in my opinion, because much of what we've see until now, if not everything, has already been seen, more or less, before TD1 was released.

I think youre quite right. All the more reason they should have changed the format. Why buy a rehash of an old formular that wasnt up to scratch anyway?

warlocktriqz
06-13-2018, 11:54 PM
TD1 met my expectations. A few issues on day 1, but I enjoyed the base game. I haven't played any of the DLC yet, and didn't play much beyond finishing the main story in the base. But, I enjoyed myself and I enjoyed the story the game told. I'm looking forward to TD2.

Riflemania
06-14-2018, 12:39 AM
Verified: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1894766-Hands-On-The-Demo-At-E3

My Son is hounding me to get one after seeing all the E3 presentations.......might be a good time to consider!

Just make sure you get a decent 4k t.v, i prefer Sony with the low imput lag, plus they have a great picture at a good price, there are very expensive 4K t.v's out there but tbh you won't know the difference between a decent priced 4K t.v and a expensive 4K t.v.....well i don't anyway:p

Oh and i forgot to add, they load much faster and for some reason zero lag compared to normal XB1....dunno if it's some conspiracy from microsoft to push everyone to XB1-X:eek: