PDA

View Full Version : Centurion?

SerafCZe
06-11-2018, 04:25 PM
Sorry, but 50% of the population on the server is playing Centurion? Hmm, dear Ubisoft - maybe it's time to think about balancing!!! Sorry,

Siegfried-Z
06-11-2018, 04:45 PM
Cent is perfectly balanced man.

He is in the middle of the roaster at best.

He is just boring in 4v4 when you get stab and punch down and then took 3 top heavies by all the other team but that's all..

Charmzzz
06-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Yeah, buff Cent cause he is one of the lowest Characters atm. And no, I dont play him.

Apolloassn13
06-11-2018, 05:19 PM
I stopped playing cent because he sucks. I can kick *** with him still but he just doesn’t function as well as he used to and gets out done by a lot of the cast now. Anyone that knows him can easily rek him, I never have a problem against a cent they’re prob the easiest for me even if I accidentally end up in that cut scene. But he doesn’t need any nerfs, maybe a slight buff or a full on rework

Knight_Raime
06-11-2018, 07:20 PM
Centurion is the choice pick of rando pub stompers. But he's honestly a bad pick even in 4v4. his punches and kicks build boat loads of revenge. So much to the point that I wouldn't ever use him in 4v4. And i'm a Centurion main. In duels he's a complete joke. Only reason he's B tier there is because IF you manage to catch someone in a mistake it costs them dearly. Centurion can dish out a good punish from practically anything. The issue is trying to get someone to make a mistake. Which is next to impossible against decent players.

There are waaaaaay better heros for ganks and for team fights in 4v4. I'd suggest either going into training or picking up the hero yourself for a week or 2 and actually see how well he fairs. If someone is out playing you as a centurion consistently they'd probably mob the floors with your corpse on an actual good hero.

Drakistat
06-17-2018, 12:45 AM
bla... bla bla... bla. listen. i dont care if the centurion mains say hes bad or ok or balanced. i dont care about what the 2.5% of the worlds best players and ubisoft with their fancy analytic charts say about his win/lose ratio. i care about the other 97,5% of the playerbase, there are newbs, and they make mistakes. dont get me wrong, i like hard games, but cent punishes to hard. one mistake, and you are dead if you play something squishy. one... single... mistake. make duels against him a little more forgiving. against any other hero you can practice against real players, not just bots. you have 2 or 3 trys if you mess something up. but against cent its not fun to "learn the game". no other hero punches you to death in one single combo without any option to escape. make his combos harder to pull off. if a good cent player can punish you once, he probably can do it twice and more

Lord_Cherubi
06-17-2018, 02:51 AM
bla... bla bla... bla. listen. i dont care if the centurion mains say hes bad or ok or balanced. i dont care about what the 2.5% of the worlds best players and ubisoft with their fancy analytic charts say about his win/lose ratio. i care about the other 97,5% of the playerbase, there are newbs, and they make mistakes. dont get me wrong, i like hard games, but cent punishes to hard. one mistake, and you are dead if you play something squishy. one... single... mistake. make duels against him a little more forgiving. against any other hero you can practice against real players, not just bots. you have 2 or 3 trys if you mess something up. but against cent its not fun to "learn the game". no other hero punches you to death in one single combo without any option to escape. make his combos harder to pull off. if a good cent player can punish you once, he probably can do it twice and more

Im not a Centurion main and i can 100% agree with what they said. Cent is a nightmare to new players because he can come at you like no other, dishing out punches kicks and stabs so fast that you feel like there's nothing you can do. Believe me i've been in that situation, i remember when he first came out and i got absolutely crapped on by him in a duel. I was furious, i even saved the replay to try and learn what i did wrong but i couldn't tell, all i saw was a huge mess. All the time and effort put into the game and one character made me feel like i don't know which way to hold my sword.

Then i made a decision. Since Dominion was unplayable for me with all the Cents running wild i decided to pick him up in training and study hard. In my experience the most of the knowledge comes from fighting AGAINST the character you're having trouble with but in this case, first i wanted to study all of his moves, all of his options available so i would have at least a slight hint on what he can do and what should i try to do in those situations. And so i learned.

People don't say this for fun, when you learn his moveset and know how to rip him off his options (which at the end of the day he doesn't have a lot) you're going to make him look almost patchetic, dancing around and desperately trying to get back on offensive.

That being said, i can't in say in good confidence that he's total garbage. A good Cent will still give you a hard time 1 on 1 and punish you HARD for mistakes and in teamfights he can be a pain with his kick and painfully slow UB but he is still very weak compared to all of the other heroes.

I don't really know how they would balance him out without completely breaking the feel of him. If they buff him too hard he'll be a nightmare again and if nerfed too much he'll soon be the worst hero in the game.

Im hoping that they can eventually reach a Siege kind of balance where every single character is viable (Lord Chanka above all)

Drakistat
06-17-2018, 11:38 AM
i dont care about the "feel" of the centurion. thats something subjective and differs from person to person. all i care is pure balancing. a fight must have multiple phases, which are seperated from "default postions" in which you can act and react. you need more than one combo to kill the enemy. but not the cent, he is the only one with bs 100-0 combos. i have no problem with his damage or defense, just make the combos much harder to pull off. he should need more phases to kill his opponent. simple. as everyone else in the game. as i said, a good cent has no problem to punish you twice and more.

Lord_Cherubi
06-17-2018, 12:15 PM
i dont care about the "feel" of the centurion. thats something subjective and differs from person to person. all i care is pure balancing. a fight must have multiple phases, which are seperated from "default postions" in which you can act and react. you need more than one combo to kill the enemy. but not the cent, he is the only one with bs 100-0 combos. i have no problem with his damage or defense, just make the combos much harder to pull off. he should need more phases to kill his opponent. simple. as everyone else in the game. as i said, a good cent has no problem to punish you twice and more.

If you're talking about jab/kick combos then yes, he can bring you from full hp to 0 with just one combo but you'll have enough time to figure your way out. For example if you know that your opponent likes to gb a lot you can focus on getting a counter gb and some breathing room so he will have to start his combo again from the start. Everyone has patterns, some are just better at hiding theirs by mixing things up.

As of the cutscene, it can be a real pain and it does high damage but if you're full hp and he takes you down, he can't straight up follow it with any move so you'll have a kind of a second change. Most Cents will try to kick you right after you get back up so dodge it for free gb and try to get your offense going. Figure out the combo and you'll soon find out it's actually pretty hard to pull off once your opponent knows what to look out for.

Basically the only way he can get any real harm done is if you make a mistake and at one point you will, naturally. But once the mistakes become more of s slip-off than lack of knowledge, i can promise you'll sweep the floor on any average Centurion.

Legion25846
06-18-2018, 01:19 AM
i main centurion i loved the way he felt when i first tried him I started about a month ago, but the higher up i get the more i realize hes really not a good pick anymore im starting to lose allot more then when i first started the higher rank people understand him and just play to counter me it actually get boring no one attacks me they just stand there and wait cause they no what im going to try and do ( for the most part )

Orochi is a ****ing nightmare for me they attack so fast and with the spin attack i can barely get to them and since everyone and there mother either knows how to BG or has some sort of god ****ing way of GB that they never get hit by it, hes becoming more and more of a bad pick.

To top it all off For every ****ing 10 fights i fight 7 orochis its a joke never even see centurions anymore.

This may sound ****ed up but if anything i think he needs a buff more then anything else.

XJadeDragoonX
06-18-2018, 02:50 AM
Cent is relatively balanced. He's just no fun to play against. Only *****es play cent. Ruins the game

Alustar.exe
06-18-2018, 03:00 AM

Not a Centurion main, but I can do what he does better on shaman. Hell I was able to stand against two Centurion and the rest of their group in a 4v1 before they ever nerfed him. He is a far cry from what he used to be. And he really can't pull you down from max health like he did before. Not unless you repeatedly miss every hit. However, on shaman I know for a fact, you make two key mistakes in her combo/mix up game, that's it.
Maybe you should listen to the other people in this thread when they tell you, he's not nearly as bad as you are making him out to be.

Jazz117Volkov
06-18-2018, 04:22 AM
A Centurion with Haymaker can get 105 damage (before gear stats) from a single combo (the "cut-scene"): 10x2 from the guardbreak pummel, 10 for the wallsplat, 30 from the pin, 10 from the punch, 35 from the Eagle's Talon. Haymaker is a lvl 2 feat so it comes in pretty early. I can see why this irritates some players.

Imagine this scenario: you're an Orochi, the Centurion hits you with his 600 ms heavy, that's 25 damage, then he goes into his charged heavy, you try to react but he cancels it into a guardbreak. That's it. You're dead. Cut-scene till death. I'm not sure why it's so shocking that Centurion annoys people. You can say "he's average" and "in the top 2.5% of duels he's not good", but that isn't what 95% of the playerbase experiences. Most people play 4v4, and most people aren't pros at the game.

I don't mean to take sides here, personally I don't like to play as Cent, and I rarely have an issue dealing with him, but the fact is that his kit has the possibility to kill some very popular heroes in a single mix-up. And a lot of people fall for soft-feint guardbreak. If I'm being objective, I don't think Centurion is good for the community's health, regardless of how easily veteran players can step on him.

Knight_Raime
06-18-2018, 05:36 AM
A Centurion with Haymaker can get 105 damage (before gear stats) from a single combo (the "cut-scene"): 10x2 from the guardbreak pummel, 10 for the wallsplat, 30 from the pin, 10 from the punch, 35 from the Eagle's Talon. Haymaker is a lvl 2 feat so it comes in pretty early. I can see why this irritates some players.

Imagine this scenario: you're an Orochi, the Centurion hits you with his 600 ms heavy, that's 25 damage, then he goes into his charged heavy, you try to react but he cancels it into a guardbreak. That's it. You're dead. Cut-scene till death. I'm not sure why it's so shocking that Centurion annoys people. You can say "he's average" and "in the top 2.5% of duels he's not good", but that isn't what 95% of the playerbase experiences. Most people play 4v4, and most people aren't pros at the game.

I don't mean to take sides here, personally I don't like to play as Cent, and I rarely have an issue dealing with him, but the fact is that his kit has the possibility to kill some very popular heroes in a single mix-up. And a lot of people fall for soft-feint guardbreak. If I'm being objective, I don't think Centurion is good for the community's health, regardless of how easily veteran players can step on him.

He really isn't. But the developers are just ignoring dlc heros in general. everyone was surprised they even touched highlander and even more surprised they gave centurion another combo. None of the dlc heros are alright in terms of design or balance sans maybe Shaman.

DrinkinMyStella
06-18-2018, 10:29 AM
cents win % is not even top tier and he's probably at best a b-tier character. im a rep 13 cent and in higher plays I cant compete against a good player because cent is trash these days. ok in 4v4 he can deal some ganking damage but so can, most nowadays.

RaszMusic
06-19-2018, 02:12 PM

Please, can everyone in this forum pay attention to what this man says? We're talking about non top tier players.

If you're talking about jab/kick combos then yes, he can bring you from full hp to 0 with just one combo but you'll have enough time to figure your way out. For example if you know that your opponent likes to gb a lot you can focus on getting a counter gb and some breathing room so he will have to start his combo again from the start. Everyone has patterns, some are just better at hiding theirs by mixing things up.

As of the cutscene, it can be a real pain and it does high damage but if you're full hp and he takes you down, he can't straight up follow it with any move so you'll have a kind of a second change. Most Cents will try to kick you right after you get back up so dodge it for free gb and try to get your offense going. Figure out the combo and you'll soon find out it's actually pretty hard to pull off once your opponent knows what to look out for.

Basically the only way he can get any real harm done is if you make a mistake and at one point you will, naturally. But once the mistakes become more of s slip-off than lack of knowledge, i can promise you'll sweep the floor on any average Centurion.

Thats the problem, the punish you get from one mistake is 2 times bigger than any other hero. Any hero gets a heavy off a succesful GB. Cent gets heavy, punch, light, punch, heavy again with more damage cuz you're on the floor.

Quick Q&A here:

Is it unstoppable? Not for top tier players.

Are most of for honor players top tier? Yes. 150% of for honor players are so good they can wreck centurions.

Is this a good marketing strategy? Of course.

Are you new to for honor and still learning the game? DO NOT worry, we are going to pair you with a rep 25 centurion because we know that you don't make mistakes.

What's the best way to win a centurion? TURTLE UP.

What will happen if i turtle up? You will get insulted by the same top tier players.

Have a nice day.

Legion25846
06-19-2018, 02:24 PM
When he starts his cut scene combo push back and smash your space bar ( or whatever dodge is a on controller ) for a roll back this will 90% of the time reset the fight just be careful as it is punishing to your stam for the roll, most cents will follow up with a front kick to try to close the gap again so be ready for it.

if you want to try and stand and fight the cut scene it has 3 option once they start into it unblockable, guard break , Feint, 95% of the time they don't feint so this leaves 2 option Most will Guard break because its less punishing then getting parried on the unblockable which by the way is one the easier unblockables to parry. This will just come down to learning the person your fighting.

If you see him holding that unblockable ( he will glow orange for like 3 sec ) get ready top parry it you will **** him up hard.

the unblockable will normally follow from being shoved into a wall at this point your ****ed so stay away from all walls.

cut scene = the combo that your 100% complaining about.

The cent once you learn him is actually not as bad as you think honestly the higher you get the more you will realize he isnt even that viable a pick.

Side note hes a very straight forward character with no dodge attacks or counter attacks like the orochi, kensi most of assassin classes he is a straight to the point brawler with short range hes coming 1 direction in front of you and hes coming hard as ****.

Centurion is a noob stomper he will make you hate the game and complain about him but the more you play him and fight him the more you will realize hes really not that good.

Im not saying you wont find people who will still reck you with him but that goes for all classes and people in this game

Yesterday i played against a LB who was level 44 and he ****ing destroyed me and people complain that the lawbringer is under powered so what does that make of me, yet ive completely dominated many LB in my time.

Ive posted this already in a few posts also I NEVER fight centurions and mean ever i would say out of 20 fights i may see 1.

Pumpkaboii
06-22-2018, 01:00 PM
I agree with alot people have said here. I have 500 hours on PC alone and like 90% of them are in cent alone. I love the feel of him and his demeanor. But when it comes to fighting, it really sucks for cent in higher play. He's a noob stomper. In high play, cent just dances around you like a ballerina with a pointy stick. His punishes are really strong and can make life hell, but aside from that he doesnt have a lot. His jab and kick can both be dodged and get a free gb (cent can heavy after the kick so be wary) and if you are good enough at cbg, then he's like a ****ing pool noodle. I think a buff or rework to some extent is needed for him down the line

BT_nuklon1
06-22-2018, 07:19 PM
up

Armosias
06-22-2018, 07:59 PM
Please, can everyone in this forum pay attention to what this man says? We're talking about non top tier players.

Thats the problem, the punish you get from one mistake is 2 times bigger than any other hero. Any hero gets a heavy off a succesful GB. Cent gets heavy, punch, light, punch, heavy again with more damage cuz you're on the floor.

Quick Q&A here:

Is it unstoppable? Not for top tier players.

Are most of for honor players top tier? Yes. 150% of for honor players are so good they can wreck centurions.

Is this a good marketing strategy? Of course.

Are you new to for honor and still learning the game? DO NOT worry, we are going to pair you with a rep 25 centurion because we know that you don't make mistakes.

What's the best way to win a centurion? TURTLE UP.

What will happen if i turtle up? You will get insulted by the same top tier players.

Have a nice day.

Like most heroes cent only gets a heavy off a guard break, in his case it's a 25 dmg heavy which does not guarantee anything, he can't land a charged heavy from a guard break. Je we talk wallsplats he'll get two punchs into wallsplat charged heavy jab and eagle's talon, damages wise Raider gets more damages out of a GB into wallsplat. The combo you're talking about I have never heard about it.

CandleInTheDark
06-23-2018, 01:41 AM

Fun fact, Centurion is not the only one with a 100-0 combo. Someone told me one they use with Shaman which I can't recall at the current time and I have pulled one off with Shinobi a few times.

People are not telling you to play the Centurion or against them in the arena for fun, they are telling you this because outside of newbies people don't have a problem with him. Now there can be something said for that he maybe needs a complete rebalance do as not to rely so much on one thing but if people refuse to do something about learning him in the meantime then ultimately that is on them.

In before you don't want to hear another Cent main telling you to get good, over more than sixty reps on two platforms I have exactly one rep in him, that was in order to learn him better as people are telling you and it was one of the hardest reps I ever got.

Darkmight_cz
06-23-2018, 08:38 AM
I don't know guys in 1v1 centurion is fine for sure but in 4v4 it's a whole different story he is so fcking annoying its nothing worse than cent on your back in 4v4

Arekonator
06-23-2018, 08:43 AM
Even in 4v4 cent is still fairly tame, if you take into account characters like shaman, Lawbro or raider exists

Alustar.exe
06-23-2018, 02:06 PM
Fun fact, Centurion is not the only one with a 100-0 combo. Someone told me one they use with Shaman which I can't recall at the current time and I have pulled one off with Shinobi a few times.

People are not telling you to play the Centurion or against them in the arena for fun, they are telling you this because outside of newbies people don't have a problem with him. Now there can be something said for that he maybe needs a complete rebalance do as not to rely so much on one thing but if people refuse to do something about learning him in the meantime then ultimately that is on them.

In before you don't want to hear another Cent main telling you to get good, over more than sixty reps on two platforms I have exactly one rep in him, that was in order to learn him better as people are telling you and it was one of the hardest reps I ever got.

That was me, I believe. I know I can pull a 100-0 with shaman if they miss a parry and/or CGB.

HazelrahFirefly
06-23-2018, 03:34 PM
https://youtu.be/1Uqe_vQG9HM

At 4:50 I can be seen 100-0'ing a centurion with a Shaman.

That said, I do want to say that Cent is one of the heroes that still feels the strongest when in highly skilled hands. The way they can rip you apart is just as disgusting as my Shaman in that clip I posted.

KitingFatKidsEZ
06-23-2018, 03:45 PM
bla... bla bla... bla. listen. i dont care if the centurion mains say hes bad or ok or balanced. i dont care about what the 2.5% of the worlds best players and ubisoft with their fancy analytic charts say about his win/lose ratio. i care about the other 97,5% of the playerbase, there are newbs, and they make mistakes. dont get me wrong, i like hard games, but cent punishes too hard. one mistake, and you are dead if you play something squishy. one... single... mistake. make duels against him a little more forgiving. against any other hero you can practice against real players, not just bots. you have 2 or 3 trys if you mess something up. but against cent its not fun to "learn the game". no other hero punches you to death in one single combo without any option to escape. make his combos harder to pull off. if a good cent player can punish you once, he probably can do it twice and more

This is sooo true...

On other note i just fought a guy with 50K+ fthscore, 65% average winrate in duel and 75%! winrate with centurion over 1400 games played.

https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Nodion4ick1337/heroes
All this guy did the entire fight was spam heavy / heavy feint and because he literally cant be punished for doing that (unless you want to coinflip parry or dodge which is incredibly stupid) and it costs him ****all stamina its legit the most aids thing to fight in the world.

Ohh wait nevermind he has his winrate because he leaves everytime hes about to lose.
https://ibb.co/n6ZqVT

tl;dr
fthtracker is worthless.
Cent needs to be changed in a way so he requires some amount of skill to beat average players with. While also being beatable by average players.
He also needs to not kill in 1-2 hits. That is incredibly stupid. Im still working on a screenshot gallery for lagging centurions as well. Got quite a few already.

Games are much more random and much less skill the fewer exchanges are made between players until one of them wins. Centurion literally needs 2 exchanges to win. Sometimes 1 exchange and a bunch of chip. Just stupid.

KitingFatKidsEZ
06-23-2018, 03:51 PM
https://youtu.be/1Uqe_vQG9HM

At 4:50 I can be seen 100-0'ing a centurion with a Shaman.

Mate you dont 100 to 0 anyone here, you perfect him yes because hes literally playing godawful. 100 to 0 suggests there is no button input he can make during the damage combo, that is simply incorrect. He just ****ed up over and over and over really really badly.
Shugos hug with low hp is an example for a true 100 to 0.

Meanwhile cent does have a combo that even without gearstats takes legit 60% hp off the average character. So 100 to 40.

*edit this is not an issue that is necessairily exclusive to cent. There is a crazy shinobi revenge combo out there that does require the other guy to attack you during revenge which shouldnt happen unless he is ganking anyway so its still much less likely while cents combo is incredibly consistent and easy to do.
All of these should be looked at at the end of the day.

Alustar.exe
06-23-2018, 04:02 PM
Mate you dont 100 to 0 anyone here, you perfect him yes because hes literally playing godawful. 100 to 0 suggests there is no button input he can make during the damage combo, that is simply incorrect. He just ****ed up over and over and over really really badly.
Shugos hug with low hp is an example for a true 100 to 0.

Meanwhile cent does have a combo that even without gearstats takes legit 60% hp off the average character. So 100 to 40.

*edit this is not an issue that is necessairily exclusive to cent. There is a crazy shinobi revenge combo out there that does require the other guy to attack you during revenge which shouldnt happen unless he is ganking anyway so its still much less likely while cents combo is incredibly consistent and easy to do.
All of these should be looked at at the end of the day.

Then Centurion can't 100-0 anyone either because you have ample time to read and respond to your opponent.

HazelrahFirefly
06-23-2018, 05:21 PM
Then Centurion can't 100-0 anyone either because you have ample time to read and respond to your opponent.

Exactly. There is no 100-0 outside of the Shugo hug.

You can 100-0 rapidly by massively outplaying them, but that's it.

KitingFatKidsEZ
06-24-2018, 08:27 AM
Exactly. There is no 100-0 outside of the Shugo hug.

You can 100-0 rapidly by massively outplaying them, but that's it.

Naturally my response to this ******** was deleted by Ubisoft because being a **** is okay. Calling someone out for being a **** is not.

Whatever, suffocate on your self-righteousness mods.

Alustar.exe
06-24-2018, 04:25 PM
Naturally my response to this ******** was deleted by Ubisoft because being a **** is okay. Calling someone out for being a **** is not.

Whatever, suffocate on your self-righteousness mods.

Or maybe it was deleted because it was toxic flame bait