PDA

View Full Version : Why Division 2?

Snorkks
06-11-2018, 09:01 AM
As much as I enjoy playing The Division, I can't help but feel disappointed that The Division 2 is coming out.

I've been online gaming since dial-up, must be around about 25 years, and I find I get the most satisfaction from the immersivenes of games.

Adding more expansions to The Division would add to the immersivenes, why bring out The Division 2? Just expand, the virus has obviously spread to the wider world, so each expansion players would have access to a new zone and eventually the whole world. The Division has the potential to be massive and so so immersive, let it be so.

Lessons should be learned from massively successful games like Blizzards World of Warcraft..... expand expand expand, players get to keep their character and all their gear throughout instead of starting from scratch in a new game with some rewards from the previous game.

Zimbo78
06-11-2018, 09:19 AM
Well if you don't know by now.
TD1 is broken, they can't fix it.
A really simple answer to a very long post.

06-11-2018, 09:26 AM
Divsion 1 is too broken to continue to support.

SevenNVD
06-11-2018, 09:30 AM
Zimbo78 is right, but there are quite some other reasons to favor a sequel over an expansion.

Money is probably the most important one.

I would have loved an expansion in New York, but there is hardly anything to progress now in TD1. I'm just hoping we learn what happened in New York in the past 5 and a half months in the story of TD2.

Snorkks
06-11-2018, 10:50 AM
What's broken like? Seems fine to me.

You don't just expand the map.. expand the back story too make changes to it, add to it.

What happened to the rogue agent? Continue to track him, give him a wider organisation and track and kill his generals, mutate the virus, add another gate in the terminal with a working underground train that links multiple cities, add missions to get the train working, the story line could go off in so many different tangents.

Brining out a new game seems a waste, it'll just be the same game with a different skin.

06-11-2018, 11:11 AM
What's broken like? Seems fine to me.

You don't just expand the map.. expand the back story too make changes to it, add to it.

What happened to the rogue agent? Continue to track him, give him a wider organisation and track and kill his generals, mutate the virus, add another gate in the terminal with a working underground train that links multiple cities, add missions to get the train working, the story line could go off in so many different tangents.

Brining out a new game seems a waste, it'll just be the same game with a different skin.

PVP is broken. It is certainly not fine.

There are bugs still prevalent 3 years after launch

There is no anti cheat

Invisible grenades thrown by players

Grenades that explode before the NPC's grenade launcher even launches it

Skirmish matchmaking is broken

Skating NPCs

Shall I continue?

Snorkks
06-11-2018, 11:38 AM
Standard, games always suffer technical problems, patch it and move on, I play on PC and unfortunately not everything can be patched but adding an expansion is the prefect opportunity to make the necessary changes that would allow issues to be fixed and add anti cheat, hell I've played games where they've even updated graphics and made massive changes to the base game as part of an expansion.

Everything can be fixed or replaced/recoded, the real reason behind the launch of The Division 2 is not because The Division is broken it's because it was originally a massive flop, the launch of The Division 2 is an attempt at both retaining it's current player base and capturing / appealing to more.

I doubt however that anything can be done about Cronus Max cheaters because the consoles won't recognize it as a cheat.

Zimbo78
06-11-2018, 02:00 PM
They can't patch. It is fundamentaly broken and thats why they bring TD2. As far as I remember they said it on a sotg.

NET_Eraycer
06-11-2018, 03:07 PM
I mean yes the story dies off as soon as you kill all the leaders, but the Rouge Division agent don't know why I can't think of his name right now, but IMO GuildWars 1 did it right three expansions and the game lasted years.

Pie-Ninja81
06-11-2018, 05:06 PM
They want to basically make The Division almost like a series, each story being different, in a different location. They also want to compete with the newer stuff coming out, and D1 wouldn't really last with Anthem coming out, and I know Destiny 2 really won't with the both of them out really. They also wanted to do things they wished and should have done for the first game, and of course they are really proud and happy about their new Snowdrop engine.

agentCoats
06-11-2018, 05:17 PM
PVP is broken. It is certainly not fine.

There are bugs still prevalent 3 years after launch

There is no anti cheat

Invisible grenades thrown by players

Grenades that explode before the NPC's grenade launcher even launches it

Skirmish matchmaking is broken

Skating NPCs

Shall I continue?

I agree but pvp seems perfectly playable at lvl 29 or wahtever its called. Its the group vs unknown quantity thats the issue. Yesterday I went through the dz for one last time..... went up against 2 rogues with another solo. Killed one then died. Only just. Then the other rogue was killed. Killed two more rogues and one manhunt without dying. All that with my hexo build & an emp nade vs strikers. Then they teamed up and I didnt bother. 3 strikers vs 1 hexo is pointless - at least for someone of my pvp ability! :/

As for the other stuff.... well yeah its not the best experience tbs. I think most players just overlook these issues though for the overall experience.

You missed the invisible inventory bug. :)

mckrackin5324
06-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Standard, games always suffer technical problems, patch it and move on, I play on PC and unfortunately not everything can be patched but adding an expansion is the prefect opportunity to make the necessary changes that would allow issues to be fixed and add anti cheat, hell I've played games where they've even updated graphics and made massive changes to the base game as part of an expansion.

Everything can be fixed or replaced/recoded, the real reason behind the launch of The Division 2 is not because The Division is broken it's because it was originally a massive flop, the launch of The Division 2 is an attempt at both retaining it's current player base and capturing / appealing to more.

I doubt however that anything can be done about Cronus Max cheaters because the consoles won't recognize it as a cheat.

The game is beyond being patched. It would have to be rebuilt and that would cost the same as new game and would never make the money back.
Starting over is the only thing that makes sense.

The Division is being crushed under it's own weight with patches on patches on patches.
It's a good game but it needs a fresh start.

sgtnogo
06-11-2018, 07:51 PM
Massive has stated multiple times they can't can't fix anti-cheat and other issues due to Netcode. While I agree this is going to make them a lot of money potentially, if they fix most of what has been listed in this thread it will be money well spent.

meathead_79
06-11-2018, 09:51 PM
I am sure this wasn't the plan, and I am not looking forward to spending another $60+ on a new game, but as everyone said. You can only keep slapping on so many bandages. I don't think the Division was that bad (for a first try). However, I am fully expecting D2 to be a 5 year (minimum game). Look at GTAV still chugging along.

ValentB
06-11-2018, 10:01 PM
Will they release an offline patch for single-player TD1 then? If it's broken and they don't plan on supporting it.

ShadowEno
06-11-2018, 11:57 PM
Will they release an offline patch for single-player TD1 then? If it's broken and they don't plan on supporting it.
I hope so, i don`t care about pvp, pve in D1 is epic.

Garyfairbrass
06-12-2018, 06:26 AM
D2 is needed because D1 is broken and cant be fixed, anything that does get fixed breaks something else.