PDA

View Full Version : Complete Edition

CD_TOASTER
07-31-2006, 01:56 AM
hey
a few questions:
1)waht exactly does the complete edition include? does it include just plain original IL:2? the pack only lists forgotten battles, ace and pacific fighters. i asume it doesnt include banzai.

2)what is with banzai? ive never seen it for sale in shops, is it compatible with teh complete edition?

3)if i want to patch the complete edition which patches can i use? i have just isntalled the pack adn the game launches as 4.04m so it thinks of itself as launching a merged edition of pacific fighters? but intsalls in a directroy called IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles

thanks

CD_TOASTER
07-31-2006, 01:56 AM
hey
a few questions:
1)waht exactly does the complete edition include? does it include just plain original IL:2? the pack only lists forgotten battles, ace and pacific fighters. i asume it doesnt include banzai.

2)what is with banzai? ive never seen it for sale in shops, is it compatible with teh complete edition?

3)if i want to patch the complete edition which patches can i use? i have just isntalled the pack adn the game launches as 4.04m so it thinks of itself as launching a merged edition of pacific fighters? but intsalls in a directroy called IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles

thanks

Prop_Strike
07-31-2006, 02:17 AM
4.04m is what you want.....that's good http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
That means you're all patched up.

If you want to be completely up to date, you need to purchase the 4.05m paid add-on called Pe-2.
The next paid add-on is also supposed to be out soon to take you to 4.06.

I've never heard of banzai....someone else will have to help with that.

knightflyte
07-31-2006, 05:39 AM
Since you have the complete disc you are good to go. If you want the latest and greatest do as prop strike suggests and purchase the Pe-2 expansion.

But, we'll start sowly at first....The original IL2 came out in 2001. It has since been followed up by Forgotten Battles (FB), Ace Expansion Pack (AEP), and Pacific Fighters. IL2 is no longer supported and is a moot point since you already have the complete FB/AEP/PF disc.

That loads you up to 4.04m. The Pe2 add on is download only, and patches you from 4.04m to 4.05m. It includes said airplane as well as maps, other planes, and missions.

Bansai is a MISSION pack that is created by third party. It's usually about a hundred or so premade (sometimes historically accurate) missions and will often include accurate paint schemes on relevant planes. You will also notice a great level of detail surrounding mission areas and runways. For example a stock IL2 runway may have a few motorcycles running along side you and the obvious tower, but in a mission pack you'll see trees set around the plane parkways to use as camoflage.... many more buildings, and sometimes several lines of tanks and railways.

So Bansai has nothing to do with the running IL2/EAP/PF, but might make a great Pacific Theatre mission add on.

The Last Days, and Osfront are other missiom packages set in late WW2 Germany, and 43(?) Russia respectively.

IL2 is really a misnomer, but because Forgotten Battles was SUPPOSED to be just an add on to the original 2001 IL2 the name IL2 just stuck.

So when you read anything IL2 this or IL2 that, it's MUCH MUCH more than likely Forgotten Battles is what's being refered to. A bit confusing for the uninitiated.

Enjoy and ASK if you need any hints, help, or if ya just wanna tell about something cool in the game that happened to you.

CD_TOASTER
08-01-2006, 12:07 AM
ok soz if im a bit slow but im sitll not entirely sure whether or nto this complete pack contains all the missions and planes which the original il2 does. i have a cd of il2 and enjoyed it alot but do i still need it now i have the complete pack?

Taylortony
08-01-2006, 01:39 AM
Il2 the original was brought out and patched up to a certain size, Oleg and crew where then working on an Add on CD much in the way of AEP for Forgotten battles that was going to be sold to add onto IL2.

This CD as it was going to be grew far bigger than the original and simply would not fit onto the one CD, it was then decided to incorporate the Original game and the new stuff that the add on would have had on it into a bigger version and release it as a 2 CD pack new game, Forgotten Battles was born......Indeed they still could not add it all to the 2 CD's so some was reeleased as patches.......

So Forgotten Battles is the Original IL2 and the Add on for it as a standalone game, this is not backwards compatible and does not need to be as the original is built into it.

All of the planes are included, not sure about the missions, there were a lot of improvements, skin detailing of the aircraft went from 512 to 1024 in size etc..... there was also a lot of flight modelling changes made and new maps.

You will still be able to enjoy the original on your PC as it will treat it as another game, but boy will you get a lot more with the DVD of all 3 games, and the amount of online games will rise 10 fold and more...............

You do not need the original CD for the new package but as said you can run it as well as an independent game.

As said 4.04 was the latest version before the paid download only add on, but lots fly 4.04 online.

Missions can be downloaded or there are some add on packs from third parties you can buy for it, with the new game FB AEP and PF you will get flyable bombers like the B25 HE111 and BF110, carrier landings, opening canopies, folding wings and much much more...

CD_TOASTER
08-01-2006, 06:01 AM
alright awsome,
you know i never figured out how to take off from a carrier, it was always as if my plane was glued to the spot i tried pressing every button on the keyboard but nothing worked!!!
i used to always play MS flightsim 95 and 98 then someone by chance told me about IL2 so i boguht it for $10 then saw this pack and got that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif love il2 its so friggen awsome!!!!

-HH- Beebop
08-01-2006, 06:15 AM
CD TOASTER;
Welcome to the forums.
To take off from a carrier you need to map a key/keycombo to "Release Chocks". You will find that in the "Controls" section.

If you want the original IL-2 Demo mission UberDemon has recreate4d them. An excerpt from his site,

I have re-visited the missions from the original Demo (1) for Il-2 to bring them back to life with new FB/AEP 2.01 and above features. This is my omage to the origins of the Il-2.

I have played these missions and they are the same. Very satisfying. Here's a link:
UberDemons Original IL-2 Missions (http://www.uberdemon.com/index2.html)
You find the download towards the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps.