PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion for zerker and conq.

Baggin_
06-10-2018, 12:29 AM
How would everyone feel about taking the hyper armor off of Zerks lite attacks since they come out super fast anyway. Still keep it on his heavies though.
For Conq what about making his full block time based so he had to use it more skillfully. Similar to the Aramusha.

MarshalMoriarty
06-10-2018, 12:58 AM
HA on Berzerker just feels wrong from both gameplay *and* realism perspectives. If hulking brutes like Raider and Lawbro don't have it, why should this guy? And gameplay wise, its absurd to give HA to such fast attacks.

No real opinion on Conq. Biggest issue I have is everyone still plays him the same, spamming Shield Bash and bizzarrely fast lights. He's one of my mains from back before the buff, and I still consider him and Kensei to be the gold standard of Reworks where they got it more or less spot on.

In comparison, Orochi and PK's reworks were awful and frankly pretty lazy.

No0b.Nr.1
06-10-2018, 01:37 AM
Well i just dont want to imagine what if all heroes get Hyper ,mixed with unblockables, so ur chance of u stay alive in 1v2 or 1v3 is close to 0. I hope we dont get more and more hyper while new reworks coming out.

Wobbleshnort
06-10-2018, 03:24 AM
You can't just hold conqueror full block. You can't counter guardbreak in full block. If you got beat by a conqueror holding his full block he was new and you didn't know what to do.

It also takes time to activate it, and it drains stamina!

I get that he can be a bear to fight, but learn how he works before recommending that ubisoft break him so that you don't lose any more.

Aramusha isn't a heavy by the way. Making conquerors shield no better than Aramusha's trick makes no sense, especially since Aramusha is one of the classes that isn't doing so well, and he doesn't have a shield!

Vakris_One
06-10-2018, 01:35 PM
How would everyone feel about taking the hyper armor off of Zerks lite attacks since they come out super fast anyway. Still keep it on his heavies though.
For Conq what about making his full block time based so he had to use it more skillfully. Similar to the Aramusha.
I agree with you on Zerker. He doesn't need hyperarmour on his feinted lights as they are already coming out at 400ms. Conq's full block is already used in short burst by players unless they're at the minion point and cheese farming unparryable fullblock heavies - which should be remedied to be honest.

Conq's full block isn't so much the problem as is the damage he gets from the guarranteed heavy. At 30 damage I think he gets too much guarranteed damage from that one hit. Lower it to 25 at least.

Baggin_
06-10-2018, 01:57 PM
You can't just hold conqueror full block. You can't counter guardbreak in full block. If you got beat by a conqueror holding his full block he was new and you didn't know what to do.

It also takes time to activate it, and it drains stamina!

I get that he can be a bear to fight, but learn how he works before recommending that ubisoft break him so that you don't lose any more.

Aramusha isn't a heavy by the way. Making conquerors shield no better than Aramusha's trick makes no sense, especially since Aramusha is one of the classes that isn't doing so well, and he doesn't have a shield!
Please do not start your counter argument out assuming I do not know how to play and talking down to me. It's very cliche and proves nothing.

Anyway. I suggested this change not for 1v1 purposes, but for 1v* (when you're the one outnumbered). Every Conq I see will throw a heavy and just hold full block. Believe me, when you're outnumbered and trying to survive, you're gonna hit that Conq while he's in full block and eat a free 30 damage.

I think this change would make him have to use his brain a little bit more when he is ganking someone. It also wouldn't change how he fights in 1v1 since you have to time it anyway otherwise he'll just get guardbroken.

Aramusha is part Heavy, He's also part Assassin. That's what a Hybrid is, a mix.

EvoX.
06-10-2018, 03:57 PM
Agreed on Zerk, HA at least on those 400ms lights needs to go.

Conq's AB is perfectly fine, though. The issue with him is just the absolute spam of forward Shield Bash and just how good and safe that move is. I don't know how to nerf it without disabling him from opening up turtles, since he doesn't have another opener, but it's too strong atm.

Knight_Raime
06-11-2018, 07:25 PM
I think zerk is fine where he is. On a personal level I don't enjoy how much HA he has. But from an objective standpoint that HA does nothing in duels for his opening feinted into light and in a group fight nearly any trade he makes with it won't be worth it damage wise. He'll have to manage to land another hit to make the trade worth. So. No. I don't think it needs removing.

And conq's FB is easily baited and punished. Due to it's 300ms start up time you can't use it on reaction to lights. And heavies are feinted a lot. So it becomes more of a prediction tool than a reaction. Thus making it balanced in my opinion.

DakaDakaTimmy
06-11-2018, 10:56 PM
I think zerk is fine where he is. On a personal level I don't enjoy how much HA he has. But from an objective standpoint that HA does nothing in duels for his opening feinted into light and in a group fight nearly any trade he makes with it won't be worth it damage wise. He'll have to manage to land another hit to make the trade worth. So. No. I don't think it needs removing.

And conq's FB is easily baited and punished. Due to it's 300ms start up time you can't use it on reaction to lights. And heavies are feinted a lot. So it becomes more of a prediction tool than a reaction. Thus making it balanced in my opinion.

The point is, Zerker WILL get another hit in after the feinted light as itís a chain starter so no he wonít lose the trade as the follow up will also have HA. It absolutely needs to be toned down.

Conqís full block can be baited in 1v1 but as the op said, in a team fight itís frustrating. But then, many heros have super frustrating moves which end team fights more quickly.
My personal opinion would be removing the superior block from his zone - thatís a get out of jail free card - and increasing stam cost of SB. His win rate is too high so a nerf is coming, just not sure how.

Knight_Raime
06-12-2018, 07:01 AM
The point is, Zerker WILL get another hit in after the feinted light as it’s a chain starter so no he won’t lose the trade as the follow up will also have HA. It absolutely needs to be toned down.

Conq’s full block can be baited in 1v1 but as the op said, in a team fight it’s frustrating. But then, many heros have super frustrating moves which end team fights more quickly.
My personal opinion would be removing the superior block from his zone - that’s a get out of jail free card - and increasing stam cost of SB. His win rate is too high so a nerf is coming, just not sure how.

Maybe in 4v4. But in duels he doesn't unless you're fighting someone who's p bad at the game.
Superior block in all directions on his zone should go I agree. If it only blocked where his guard stance currently was i'd be fine with that.
and nah. SB itself is fine. It doing stamina damage to you while OOS is not though. it and all other unblockable bashes should only slightly halt your stamina gain while You're OOS. Not actually damage it like current.