PDA

View Full Version : My Stuka gunner won't fire

Sjeler
03-26-2007, 04:07 PM
I was flying Stuka today online and there comes the Jug at six, I switch to gunner but he wont fire! I remember playing with stukas offline and everything worked well. Since then, I installed newview for better view control and it seems newview has to do something with it. Primary fire is bound to joystick trigger and mouse1. I can shoot front guns with mouse but not rear. Did anyone had such problem?

Thanks in advance,
black

Sjeler
03-26-2007, 04:07 PM
I was flying Stuka today online and there comes the Jug at six, I switch to gunner but he wont fire! I remember playing with stukas offline and everything worked well. Since then, I installed newview for better view control and it seems newview has to do something with it. Primary fire is bound to joystick trigger and mouse1. I can shoot front guns with mouse but not rear. Did anyone had such problem?

Thanks in advance,
black

Waldo.Pepper
03-26-2007, 04:20 PM
I was going to say consider yourself lucky! But then I read your post and realized YOU were trying to fire from the gunner position.

What happens when you use your mouse - right button? (I think this is the default).

VW-IceFire
03-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Autopilot automation is on or off? Check your key bindings for that. Its possible that the automation is off so you have to hit A to disengage the AI and then gun. Or let the AI handle the gun.

Sjeler
03-27-2007, 06:30 AM
Yes, I was trying to fire. Mouse is dead except for aim, autopilot on/off, doesn't matter. Should I leave auto-gunner to do his job?

XyZspineZyX
03-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Not autopilot, autopilot automation. Actually its called "Toggle Level Autopilot" in the controls.

DooDaH2007
03-27-2007, 08:45 AM
There is a seperate gunner fire button you can assign in the control options screen...

look for the word gunner...

Standard it's allready left mouse, but it could easely have changed... see if it did...

Sjeler
03-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Thats it! Thanks you very much, sir. I went through control options several times but somehow missed that.

btw, how good is auto-gunner? Do you guys, when flying bombers and such, manually operate other gunners or not?

stanford-ukded
03-27-2007, 08:59 AM
There are certain positions you can fly as a fighter to cause Ju-87 / 110's to fire at you until their ammo is gone with no hope of hitting. If you are able it's far better to aim yourself.

Saying that, auto works well against 90% of players.