PDA

View Full Version : Restart from Last Checkpoint Without Failed Full Synch

Yoshack Fyre84
11-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Is it on purpose that there's no option to Restart from Last Checkpoint? If you die or desynch you restart from the last checkpoint, and you're still able to attain Full Synchronization.

However, if you fail your Full Synch task and then desynch, you restart from the last checkpoint, but your Full Synch still says FAILED. If you want to try again for full Synch you have to restart the entire mission. It just seems wrong that it's like that. Was it maybe an oversight that will get patched so when a checkpoint reloads you can still get full synch?

I'm trying to do the tank mission and if I could just restart the final checkpoint in the mission and get to try again for full synch I'd STILL have to do it a few times to get lucky enough and figure a strategy to do it. It's so hard to not take any damage and the explosions have a range of effect. Having to constantly restart and go back and do 10 minutes of stealth and platforming just for another attempt on not taking damage is driving me insane!!

Yoshack Fyre84
11-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Is it on purpose that there's no option to Restart from Last Checkpoint? If you die or desynch you restart from the last checkpoint, and you're still able to attain Full Synchronization.

However, if you fail your Full Synch task and then desynch, you restart from the last checkpoint, but your Full Synch still says FAILED. If you want to try again for full Synch you have to restart the entire mission. It just seems wrong that it's like that. Was it maybe an oversight that will get patched so when a checkpoint reloads you can still get full synch?

I'm trying to do the tank mission and if I could just restart the final checkpoint in the mission and get to try again for full synch I'd STILL have to do it a few times to get lucky enough and figure a strategy to do it. It's so hard to not take any damage and the explosions have a range of effect. Having to constantly restart and go back and do 10 minutes of stealth and platforming just for another attempt on not taking damage is driving me insane!!

EdgeX4
11-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Nah that is on purpose. The full synch is to provide some sort of a challenge. It would be way to easy to just get to the last check point and then try that last part failling your synch again and again untill you get it. The challeng is going through the entire mission without failing the full synch. It's annoying specially for the tank and apple of eden mission ..but it makes sense.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-26-2010, 07:19 PM
There's another mission as frustrating as the Tank? I thought the Flying Machine one was bad until I got to the tank. I unlocked a no damage cheat, thought I'd try that but then saw nothing gets saved when you use a cheat. I have no idea how I'm going to complete this synch. I'm just so angry with it now it's seeming less likely I'll ever get it.

Count Mercutio
09-22-2011, 06:17 AM
I wish you could just go back to the beginning of the sequence. I hate having to rerun all the guards, etc.

Though, by the fifth time through, I can run the guards pretty good.

I found the plane worse than the tank. Odd.

Sushiglutton
09-22-2011, 07:04 AM
I think it can be a smart thing to not replay every time you fail, but to practice the last part ten or so times to find a good pattern.

I started by shooting the empty tank in the middle, then went left and fired one shoot at the left tank and then started a circular motion to the right while firing at the left tank. Once destroyed the final tank should be managable.

The main tip though is like I said practice the last part without restarting. Once u feel u've nailed it and have succeeded the last part without taking damage a few times in a row, restart and do the entire thing.

PR030T
09-22-2011, 10:30 AM
The last stage in the tank mission is pretty easy actually. Just shoot the gate, go in the 'arena', and back out till the screen shows the desynch stuff. Stay in this gray area and just shoot the tanks 1 by 1. They can't actually shoot you, just aim, lose aim, aim, lose aim etc.

AntiChrist7
09-22-2011, 10:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PR030T:
The last stage in the tank mission is pretty easy actually. Just shoot the gate, go in the 'arena', and back out till the screen shows the desynch stuff. Stay in this gray area and just shoot the tanks 1 by 1. They can't actually shoot you, just aim, lose aim, aim, lose aim etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this. it was frustrating for me too, untill i tried this.

for the flying machine the trick is to kill the towers first. then even if you crash, and reload/try, it will still says 100% synch. but getting to the machine is the most annoying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Rakudaton
09-22-2011, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PR030T:
The last stage in the tank mission is pretty easy actually. Just shoot the gate, go in the 'arena', and back out till the screen shows the desynch stuff. Stay in this gray area and just shoot the tanks 1 by 1. They can't actually shoot you, just aim, lose aim, aim, lose aim etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this. it was frustrating for me too, untill i tried this.

for the flying machine the trick is to kill the towers first. then even if you crash, and reload/try, it will still says 100% synch. but getting to the machine is the most annoying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always found the tank mission difficult, but I don't understand why people can't do the flying machine. You don't even need to destroy the towers -- just don't get close to them! If you stay at a sensible altitude you'll be out of range; if you get too close to the ground, just go around the towers instead. And you get an ALERT when they fire at you, making it easy to avoid them.

But it does suck having to redo an entire mission. I don't buy the "it's to give you a challenge" line. If you've shown you're good enough to get to point X without failing, why make you do it all again up to point X again? It's not any more challenging, it's annoying.

JenC03
09-22-2011, 11:44 AM
It's been just under a year since this thread started, so I'm curious... did you get full synch on the tank?

I'll never forget finishing the Da Vinci DLC & getting that 'il Principe' trophy --- I felt so proud http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif
(& I purposefully spent ages on the tank mission the day before the dlc's release so I wouldn't have to worry about it later) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AnthonyA85
09-25-2011, 02:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yoshack_Fyre:
There's another mission as frustrating as the Tank? I thought the Flying Machine one was bad until I got to the tank. I unlocked a no damage cheat, thought I'd try that but then saw nothing gets saved when you use a cheat. I have no idea how I'm going to complete this synch. I'm just so angry with it now it's seeming less likely I'll ever get it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think the tank mission is bad? I can't even complete the Malpractice mission, regardless of wheather i try to get full synch or not, I DESPISE that mission even more than the last Assassin Tomb in AC2, and I thought i'd never hate anything more than that tomb.

LightRey
09-25-2011, 03:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yoshack_Fyre:
There's another mission as frustrating as the Tank? I thought the Flying Machine one was bad until I got to the tank. I unlocked a no damage cheat, thought I'd try that but then saw nothing gets saved when you use a cheat. I have no idea how I'm going to complete this synch. I'm just so angry with it now it's seeming less likely I'll ever get it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think the tank mission is bad? I can't even complete the Malpractice mission, regardless of wheather i try to get full synch or not, I DESPISE that mission even more than the last Assassin Tomb in AC2, and I thought i'd never hate anything more than that tomb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
use a horse.

Blind2Society
09-25-2011, 03:20 PM
The tank mission was bad. If you got shot once at the end end just before finishing you had to then tail the architect again, beat him up again, release the mercs again, fight your way through again, then navigate the path to the tank again, only then did you get to repeat the part you failed.

How such a major oversight happened we will never know. If they don't fix this for Revelations, I will seriously lose a lot of faith in Ubi.

LightRey
09-25-2011, 03:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
The tank mission was bad. If you got shot once at the end end just before finishing you had to then tail the architect again, beat him up again, release the mercs again, fight your way through again, then navigate the path to the tank again, only then did you get to repeat the part you failed.

How such a major oversight happened we will never know. If they don't fix this for Revelations, I will seriously lose a lot of faith in Ubi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Seriously? That little thing makes you lose faith in Ubi? It's not like you have to get 100% synch on everything. Seriously it's just a tiny little mission. If it's too hard for you then it's too hard for you. That's just the way things work sometimes.

rain89c
09-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Actually, all the exotic missions were bad and unrealistic. Not to mention the controls during those missions were stiff, movement/motion wasn't fluid at all.

Blind2Society
09-25-2011, 03:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Seriously? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes seriously, that is a major oversight. It's not just the tank missions but the system that caused the issues with the tank mission among others. How this escaped you is rather strange. Maybe you just wanted to argue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
If it's too hard for you then it's too hard for you. That's just the way things work sometimes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Didn't know you were a troll. Learn something new everyday I guess.

Animuses
09-25-2011, 03:36 PM
I hate the 100% synch and hate the fact that it's returning.

Jexx21
09-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Opinions be opinions.

I loved the exotic missions.

rain89c
09-25-2011, 03:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Yes seriously, that is a major oversight. It's not just the tank missions but the system that caused the issues with the tank mission among others. How this escaped you is rather strange. Maybe you just wanted to argue.

If it's too hard for you then it's too hard for you. That's just the way things work sometimes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Didn't know you were a troll. Learn something new everyday I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I could smell it a mile away, just by the way he argues about every little thing that was not of importance.

LightRey
09-25-2011, 04:00 PM

Didn't know you were a troll. Learn something new everyday I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not a major feature, so it's not a major oversight.

It wasn't game-breaking or anything and it really shouldn't be a big deal. Really, there have been many annoyances in the AC games, including this one, but none of them have ever made me consider in the slightest not to buy the games anymore, not even the game-breaking one with the fast-travel system in ACB.

Blind2Society
09-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Full sync is a small part? No it's not. If it really is such a small thing them I'm sure they will have not fixed for Revelations. We'll see won't we. Also I never said I wasn't going to buy the game.

And what do you mean by fast travel, not being able to use it during missions? That annoyed me as well but it was not a big issue and it wasn't game breaking. So by what you said it, they shouldn't bother fixing it? Having to restart an entire mission from the beginning when you are 1 second from beating is far more game breaking.

LightRey
09-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Full sync is a small part? No it's not. If it really is such a small thing them I'm sure they will have not fixed for Revelations. We'll see won't we. Also I never said I wasn't going to buy the game.

And what do you mean by fast travel, not being able to use it during missions? That annoyed me as well but it was not a big issue and it wasn't game breaking. So by what you said it, they shouldn't bother fixing it? Having to restart an entire mission from the beginning when you are 1 second from beating is far more game breaking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, I mean the fact that using it at the beginning of the game could get you stuck in an area you shouldn't be able to get back to yet, which causes an desynch loop.

Blind2Society
09-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Oh I get what you mean. I never had that issue.

LightRey
09-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Oh I get what you mean. I never had that issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I did on my first playthrough (attempt). It was really annoying. I lost hours trying to fix it and then starting over.