PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den June 7th

CandleInTheDark
06-06-2018, 05:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJkMv5BM0ZQ

Just putting this up there for tomorrow, no video up yet. I work tomorrow so will post the reddit link tomorrow and type it up saturday. This is the last one before E3 so hype.

Speaking of E3 I would usually be at work on monday at this point in my rolling shift pattern but I have leave (not for this but eh :p just worked out that way) so I will try to have a thread like this up for having a listen to news for For Honor, like the launch streams likely not a blow by blow but whatever seems interesting/newsworthy.

Recap link to reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8pbvll/warriors_den_recap_7th_june_game_is_on_sale/

It was a short show, 50 minutes with a community corner, but apparently it was the second they have done in two days as they did a big news show for next week yesterday to air next week. Between now and next week, E3 Monday

After E3 next week's recap might start going up late, I have things I need to do this week that can only happen Thursday. As it is a long Den (they spent hours shooting it apparently) what I might do since it is late anyway is put it all together and up at once especially if it involves pausing and going back over stuff.

Anyhow that's next week, a Den we have now \m/<(-.-)>\m/

Eric and Damien are here and tired, E3 has consumed everyone's lives. Also this is the second Den they have recorded in two days, they have recorded next week's which obviously they cannot speak about on this show. Next week's will be a big one, long one too apparently, there will be twitch drops during that show (they said next week's show, not certain whether they mean E3 or the Den) with xp boost tickets and the chance to win 100,000 steel. UPDATE Having looked on the For Honor twitch, this is advertised for the June 14th Warrior's Den.

Monday 1pm Pacific (I believe that is 4pm Eastern, 3pm Central 9pm BST (GMT+1) 10pm Central Europe) Ubisoft press conference at E3

They will tell us winners of the contest when they have them decided.

Player activity indicators should be more accurate now.

This week they have updated how join in progress works, when both teams in a session have the same amount of open slots the team with the lowest individual skill rating will get the player. They have some improvement still on the go, unsure if they will be released next week so they weren't spoken of in next week's Den.

Last Tuesday they put up the State of Balance blog post for season five.

Full week of xp fest from next Monday. June 11th 5.30pm eastern to June 18th 3pm Eastern

Tribute Executioner event this weekend (which on PC didn't last 12 hours, still a little salty on that given participation in order to get rewards).

Fun data fact per player there are more executions in tribute than dominion.

New roadmap, I see a Dance of Death hiding there around July. Patch 1.25 drops on the 28th. Apparently there might be some surprises they can't show on this map.

Content of the week, flowering effect, next week will be Elite Outfits with ornaments.

Community corner and wrap. Next monday E3 (hype!) and next week a big Den.

Siegfried-Z
06-06-2018, 05:51 PM
Thx dude ! ;)

SpaceJim12
06-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Speaking of E3 I would usually be at work on monday at this point in my rolling shift pattern but I have leave (not for this but eh just worked out that way) so I will try to have a thread like this up for having a listen to news for For Honor, like the launch streams likely not a blow by blow but whatever seems interesting/newsworthy.

Bless you, Candle!

Still, this week Den is too unpredictable. It could be almost empty, cause of E3 or could be more intresting than ever, cause of E3.=)

Tyrjo
06-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Looking forward to the answer to my question:

Emote sound discrepancy

One thing that has been confusing me for a long time is the emote sound discrepancy of what you hear yourself opposed to what your opponent hear.

I find it an odd ball design choice that you only hear grunts yourself, but you opponent hear your character actually saying something. Why is this? I would like the devs explain to me why they designed it this way. Can you change it so the player using the emote will hear the actual voice lines instead of the grunts? It's such a shame that you don't hear them, and seems like a waste of good voice content. It would certainly make me more likely to buy more emotes. (hint hint Damien) While you are at it, tune the volume of the emotes across the board, it's too low in my opinion.

HazelrahFirefly
06-07-2018, 03:42 PM
Something that I have noticed happening a lot still are missing sounds. Be it effect sounds, attack sounds (swings, grunts, etc.),or even parry rings. Just wondering if the team is aware of this.

CandleInTheDark
06-07-2018, 06:22 PM
Recap link is up, was a short show, a big newsworthy show (which they shot yesterday because E3) due next week and before that E3 itself. I'll write my own recap Saturday

DrinkinMyStella
06-08-2018, 09:26 AM
Thanks...Cant wait for E3 not bothered about all the other reveal games just for honor surprise.

Tyrjo
06-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Hopefully I will get a reply to my question on the den on the 21st.

UbiJurassic
06-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Looking forward to the answer to my question:

Emote sound discrepancy

One thing that has been confusing me for a long time is the emote sound discrepancy of what you hear yourself opposed to what your opponent hear.

I find it an odd ball design choice that you only hear grunts yourself, but you opponent hear your character actually saying something. Why is this? I would like the devs explain to me why they designed it this way. Can you change it so the player using the emote will hear the actual voice lines instead of the grunts? It's such a shame that you don't hear them, and seems like a waste of good voice content. It would certainly make me more likely to buy more emotes. (hint hint Damien) While you are at it, tune the volume of the emotes across the board, it's too low in my opinion.

They answered it, and almost every single other question Candle compiled from the forums, in last week's Q&A session. :)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/267747480?t=58m22s

If we hear more details regarding your question, we'll certainly make sure to bring them up to you. Everyone is busy right now with E3 coming next week, so it may take awhile before we can get those details over to you.

Tyrjo
06-09-2018, 07:40 AM
Yeah, I know. I watched that den. :) I got the impression I would get a real answer sometime in the future.

CandleInTheDark
06-09-2018, 03:54 PM
Full recap is up, I will try to get a thread up for Monday's E3 conference, next Thursday's Den may be late as I am doing real life things that can only happen on Thursday because that's how things panned out, but that is a big one so I might put it all together and post it in one go rather than over time as it plays in any case.