PDA

View Full Version : First Q&A of Year 2

UbiKeeba
06-05-2018, 05:12 PM
Click to read our first Q&A of Year 2 with our Senior Producer, Nouredine Abboud→ http://ghostrecon.com/year2qa

ingrobny
06-05-2018, 08:20 PM
This is 3 things I like to read and are happy about, in particular the balance in PVE and PVP content, since i'm a single player :D.

2. How do you decide upon new content for the game?

For each update, and especially for Year 2, we try as much as possible to have a good balance between PVE and PVP content.

[6. Will there be more items/weapons added for customization in PVE?

Yes! We have seen the huge interest you guys have in customizing your Ghosts, so you can definitely expect more customization items to be added throughout Year 2.

Maybe a selective trigger (semi-automatic, 3-round burst, full automatic) for the R5 RGB?

7. Are you planning any PVE content beyond challenges?

We are yes, but it’s too early for us to share any details on that yet!

OrangeFr3ak817
06-06-2018, 02:32 AM
Are more camo patterns for clothes and accessories possible?

crowlecj
06-06-2018, 03:56 AM
Really well done, I really appreciate you including the "what we can't add" section, I'm sure that it wasn't was my comment getting that in there but its still really nice seeing some good two way communication. Having said that I was surprised there were not more, like mentioning not being able to do a Battle Royale, it seems thats always asked for...don't know if that was on purpose and we have the possibility of seeing a BR style game. Any chance that we can get a sticky post with a nice clear list? Im can't say for certain but it might cut down on the repeat suggestions on the forums and make your jobs a little easier.

nis_recon
06-06-2018, 12:16 PM
I played a lot online in GRAW and in GRAW2 . Of course the multiplayer mode SIEGE . Is there a opportunity to put the multiplayer mode SIEGE in Ghost War ? Where we can play without the drones and without al the hightag stuf like in GRAW / GRAW2 where you must spot the enemys yourself . And where you must use more team work and more team communication with your team .

TH3_SCHW4RTZ
06-07-2018, 01:56 AM
So they'll add customization options because people will buy them but they won't add a mission editor because it's too much work? Wasn't the point of offering a year 2 pass to create an influx of cash to fund additional development? You know, WORK?

They have "plans they can't talk about" for PvE that will probably cost extra outside the year 2 pass, right?

Honestly, I prefer their silence over this nonsense. I even decided to continue supporting the devs by purchasing the year 2 pass, glad to see my financial support of the company is continually creating near instant buyer's remorse the longer this game is out.

I am demoralized by these "answers." I am let down. I am disappointed. I am regretting my decision to continue supporting this dev team.

ALEXISPRO96
06-13-2018, 05:02 PM
when the next update of tom clancy's wildland will come out that fixes all the errors that the game has like the problem with the camouflage of the r5 rgp?

USASgtNickFury
06-13-2018, 05:11 PM
So they'll add customization options because people will buy them but they won't add a mission editor because it's too much work? Wasn't the point of offering a year 2 pass to create an influx of cash to fund additional development? You know, WORK?

They have "plans they can't talk about" for PvE that will probably cost extra outside the year 2 pass, right?

Honestly, I prefer their silence over this nonsense. I even decided to continue supporting the devs by purchasing the year 2 pass, glad to see my financial support of the company is continually creating near instant buyer's remorse the longer this game is out.

I am demoralized by these "answers." I am let down. I am disappointed. I am regretting my decision to continue supporting this dev team.
It seems we have fallen for the bait and switch bro. Pay for Year Two Pass then get repeat challenges for the next 6 months Wow! If that's not scamming all of us. "To early to let us know what"? So they can't even say "we are working on a new dlc, or expansion" Yet The Division Dev Team announces in March that they will be showing TD2 at E3 and the release date is March 15, 2019. Still 9 months away. Which means we can expect nothing from GRW dev's until after next year it seems. Good luck keeping everyone interested for that long. even Splinter Cell Omega Protocol seems to have been delayed too as nothing at E3 about it either.
That was the reason we had the Sam Fisher mission to began with yet that seems to have gone too.

yuccafarmer9
06-13-2018, 07:18 PM
As far as I'm concerned, I believe that the Ghost Recon Wildlands "Development" Team doesn't actually "Develop", I think they contract the development out to third party developers, and their "Team" just does the ******** in between. If we want actual NEW content, it's probably too expensive for Ubisoft to start up a new contract for development based on how many players are still playing the game, in other words, there isn't enough revenue in it for them to make new content in PvE.

yuccafarmer9
06-13-2018, 07:24 PM
BTW Ubisoft, I didn't buy in to your Year 2 Pass, because I knew that this game was not being supported anymore for new content in PvE.....Ubisoft is famous for scamming their gamers, make you pay for useless content that's the price of the game itself, then offer discounts to buy into the game when they realize that nobody bought into the Year 2 Pass as they were expecting, trying to get new gamers to buy the game, then leave everyone stranded....Ghost Recon Wildlands is DEAD, save your money, this game is dead.

yuccafarmer9
06-13-2018, 07:36 PM
Another reason why Ubisoft if so LAZY, is because they are FRENCH, they don't like work, what is it I think a 35 hour week is what they do, and all their time off is like almost 1 month, extended coffee breaks, smoke breaks, long lunches, playing ping pong and fussball....cake job, LAZY, that's why they contract the development out to third party companies

R09U3A55A55IN90
07-06-2018, 12:25 AM
Grow the **** up. If the game is dead to you why are you even posting on these threads. Go back to playing COD.

DaMaJaZ
07-11-2018, 10:35 AM
So all of you guys are developers ?

The only thing i read here is hate on development.
Do any of you guys know how development works ?

if (person scripts) {
greeting = "Good Job";
} else {
greeting = "Dont comment about development";
}

Hipp0nax
07-17-2018, 05:23 AM
I absolutely love Wildlands to a fault. Ubisoft you guys are doing PAYING customers an injustice with this lotto box ********. Developers, You know why major games like WOW have been so successful for so long? They add CONTENT and not just that they constantly tweak the gameplay mechanics to make them better. To get the best stuff you have to EARN it. You can't just pay $500 on loot boxes to get everything you want. They don't insult their player base with the trash you guys implement.

Tweak things that are important like the ballistics and difficulty threshold. On extreme you die instantly because some rando drug dealer with a mac-10 shoots you at 300m is straight lunacy. There's so many things you guys could do to draw an enormous crowd but **** it, loot boxes I guess.

flames141214
07-25-2018, 02:00 AM
Hello

Sorry if this is a dumb question but do you need to buy the first seasons pass before buying year 2? or will you get everything you need if you buy year 2?

thank you for your help, I really appreciate it

BlackReign15
07-26-2018, 08:54 AM
I'd like to see an Assassin's Creed mission involving the retrieval of an Apple of Eden. Even just adding some new customization items would be pretty cool. Maybe an Abstergo outfit and an Assassin jacket that could be paired with other clothing items. Above all else, I would absolutely love to have hidden blades with unique CQC animations.

I think it would be pretty cool to import some stuff from other Ghost Recon games too, like some of the helmets on Phantoms.

I hope Ubi finds these to be interesting ideas

R1nKR_PS4
07-27-2018, 02:32 PM
“Where we can play without the drones and without al the hightag stuf like in GRAW / GRAW2 where you must spot the enemys yourself . And where you must use more team work and more team communication with your team .”

Can’t you already customise the hud to remove the markers.

I have to say I don’t understand the argument for that in ghost recon. Since I played the original game the point has always been about a technologically and tactically advanced elite unit. Graw really up’d the game on that front with a drone. The future of battlefield intel is marked targets and the 20th century iron sight challenge of finding a hitting a target accurately. But if you want that I think I’m right in saying you can just turn off the hud.

R1nKR_PS4
07-27-2018, 03:25 PM
Yes I agree that it is positive to hear balanced approach to pvp and pve. That’s a tough outcome to perfect to everyone’s ideals. I personal dislike ghost war but think the playability of the original game is unlimited. Tier 1 is a brilliant addition and in my view has enhanced the game for pve. Definitely forcing me to adapt my play style which was already 60% tactical. I am still trying to work why I needed to purchase the year 2 pack though.

R1nKR_PS4
07-27-2018, 03:38 PM

if (person scripts) {
greeting = "Good Job";
} else {
}

Good shout. The Sam fisher content was a good idea as was the yeti hunt. I really liked the second dlc, being hunted by spec ops. The rainbow dlc is brilliant if perhaps a little brief. Really keen to see the next phase. All of this must be keeping devs very busy given that the doc works without elinating the complex open world that wild lands is based in.

Bluberryredbull
07-27-2018, 04:31 PM
After the lastest update, I seem to have lost almost every discoverable magazine in the game. Along with magazines, I've lost compensators and some other random attachments. I've unlocked every weapon and piece of equipment in the game, and when I highlight the item that's locked it says "explore (province) or unlock in store" but since I already found it, I can't find it again. I'm level 30 at 95% completion, has anyone else run into this issue? I emailed Ubisoft but they said the only thing I can is wait. I'm against buying what I lost for obvious reasons so that's out.

BickShack
07-27-2018, 11:34 PM
Add the lightweight m4 rifle pls

spectrusplay
07-28-2018, 01:30 AM
I am also with the same problem I had released several weapons that comes in the box that we bought and is no longer there when I go see ask me to buy dinovo in the store as well so I already had the gun, skins please someone help me with this bug. realize this today .. just have bought the pass of the year 2 that comes almost nothing. now this can not be Ubisoft

GreatGreen11
07-28-2018, 06:31 AM

if (person scripts) {
greeting = "Good Job";
} else {
}

Do we know how development works? Well, we know enough to know that if developers break a significant portion of the game in an update, it's bad development.

Also, are you seriously saying "praise the developers or don't say anything at all?" Because if so... wow.

I'm glad you're fine with paying for lazy, poor work that literally breaks what used to work. Most everybody else is not.

Bluberryredbull
07-29-2018, 11:48 PM
It seems that when I start a new profile I can't unlock hardly anything. I interrogate people and unlock weapon and accessory cases, but they never show up.

Parcival-98
08-02-2018, 01:05 PM
In order to keep this as short as possible, I start right off: I love the new classes and the new maps. I would love the ghost mode since it is a real challenge if I would not keep deign for bull**** reasons e.g. I enter the helicopter want to start to fly and it is just stucked and expoldes or I order an vehicel, it spawns in a house, explodes and kills me. I know this may sounds like nothing big but if this keeps happening I am sure anyone would start to be pissed. So here my question: when will be the next Bug-Fix-Patch or is this already "fixed" and I am the only one with thoses problems? In addition I cant open any weaponcreat on the map because it seems bugged with the normal campain and it tells me on the world map: Weaponcase 4/4 in the start province and the same for all other provinces

iiimadmaniii
08-03-2018, 09:28 AM
I was featured on year 1 QnA and asked about character customization. Thank you for that it totally made this game entirely re-playable.. Even more so now with Ghost mode and additional options for creation.
This year I ask one main question - When will you add smoke grenades? Or let us have an option for Flare grenade colors so we can not always have red smoke (as beautiful as ti is)
I've claimed this as my 2017 GOTY on other forums. I don't care about the hate it gets. It has issues, but I love watching the ai go about its business either by kicking a soccer ball back and forth until it is time to go on patrol, or eat, or go to bed during shift change. Little things like that stuff I love. Always reminds me of the main park section of ACSyndicatate where there was a full on game of polo of whatever it's called, and right behind the game is a bunch of kids running in a lengthy animation playing tag and patty cake.
I don't have anything bad to say about this game except maybe you actually should leave open a b-weekly custom player challenge. Those were good, and the PC community has their own in-house challenges they do; pictures and captions and all. Glad when you did that during the first year I got a nod from you guys but I left out too much detail.
Much love UBI devs. Any time you have any ie. ubiKeeba internship sign me up/ I'm PS4 and don't have 4 kids lol so I could be full time!!

t-igers101
08-09-2018, 03:04 AM
Is there an option to have only one primary weapon like in ghost war at least for aesthetic reasons?

BickShack
08-09-2018, 03:26 AM
Add a photo mode (like far cry 5)