PDA

View Full Version : Advertised(?) hero ornaments not available

S4k4b4at0u
06-05-2018, 03:30 PM
I wonder how is that possible, that on current season poster heroes have ornaments, that cannot be obtained in game? I marked the most visible, and easy to recognize ornaments in the season poster, which can be seen every time the game starts.

https://i.imgur.com/1Sszdh6.jpg

What would you say to your player, who starts the game, thinks to himself: "that ornament is cool, I want to get it on my kensei/orochi", and when he tries to customize his kensei he finds out, that there is no such ornament in game. It is a pure PR fail, Ubi. That poster has a promotion purpose, and can be seen as an advertisement, so why not deliver what you "promise", at least visually in your game? The last season had almost the same poster, with slight color changes, so it's like 2 seasons advertisement actually.

S4k4b4at0u
06-09-2018, 11:18 AM
Hey, Ubi, any comment?

Tyrjo
06-09-2018, 12:48 PM
I guess that Kensei played the Duel tournament when you could earn them?

I personally worked effing hard to get the ornaments I wanted while they were available. Wouldn't feel fair if they suddenly were available again.

S4k4b4at0u
06-09-2018, 11:43 PM
If you look close you notice that this is not the tournament reward. It is the same ornament kensei has in the game intro:

https://i.imgur.com/ajzZYT7.jpg

Its different.

Jazz117Volkov
06-10-2018, 03:16 AM
If I recall, the CGI posters and trailers and what have you (most likely including the CGI we'll see at E3) aren't done by Ubisoft: they outsource, that's why there's small discrepancies in the models and art direction. All those "can we have armour like this" threads that keep popping up, showing turnarounds from the game's trailer are 3D assets never meant for use in the game (and wouldn't work in the game anyway). Same thing here; all those guys on the title screen (and the Kensei in the trailer) are high resolution models that can't be rendered in realtime.

S4k4b4at0u
06-10-2018, 02:12 PM
If I recall, the CGI posters and trailers and what have you (most likely including the CGI we'll see at E3) aren't done by Ubisoft: they outsource, that's why there's small discrepancies in the models and art direction. All those "can we have armour like this" threads that keep popping up, showing turnarounds from the game's trailer are 3D assets never meant for use in the game (and wouldn't work in the game anyway). Same thing here; all those guys on the title screen (and the Kensei in the trailer) are high resolution models that can't be rendered in realtime.

That may very well be true, however we are talking about just the ornaments, which are static models, not adding additional and game breaking collisions on existing models. Considering how the last faction war reward ornaments looked in all cases leads me to conclusion that adding a single ornament to a character is not a work beyond reach. By comparison the raider has the horns (historic consistency aside), just the kensei is an abandoned child here.

Vakris_One
06-10-2018, 02:24 PM
That may very well be true, however we are talking about just the ornaments, which are static models, not adding additional and game breaking collisions on existing models. Considering how the last faction war reward ornaments looked in all cases leads me to conclusion that adding a single ornament to a character is not a work beyond reach. By comparison the raider has the horns (historic consistency aside), just the kensei is an abandoned child here.
Not really. I mean Kensei has plenty of ornaments that look like a Shogun's golden arc. It's just that he doesn't have the exact one from the CGI trailer but then neither does the Raider.

Perhaps at some point they'll create an exact in-game replica of the pre-rendered CGI ornaments. Until then you still have plenty of options for a golden arc ornament.

S4k4b4at0u
06-10-2018, 08:41 PM
Not really. I mean Kensei has plenty of ornaments that look like a Shogun's golden arc. It's just that he doesn't have the exact one from the CGI trailer but then neither does the Raider.

Perhaps at some point they'll create an exact in-game replica of the pre-rendered CGI ornaments. Until then you still have plenty of options for a golden arc ornament.

I hope they will add it soon, on a side note, I just realized it is even in the forum background, just substract the circle. I know there are similiar ornaments, I just don't get the policy of "we show you, but you cannot have it, you get some other stuff".

S4k4b4at0u
06-20-2018, 10:01 PM
Ubi, care for comment, please? UbiJurassic?