PDA

View Full Version : Let us delete Valk

bananaflow2017
06-04-2018, 07:52 AM
I think we can delete valk.
Nobody would recognise it anyway.
No adjustment since her heavy dmg nerf in season 1. No love for her....

Ubi-Jimothy
06-04-2018, 11:27 AM
Hey bananaflow,

We're aware that Valkyrie is pretty low down in terms of win rate at the moment, but I can assure you that we're looking at every single character and trying to ensure that our older characters meet the strength of the current roster.

Definitely not deleting her!

Regards,

Jim.

Siegfried-Z
06-04-2018, 11:59 AM
Hey bananaflow,

We're aware that Valkyrie is pretty low down in terms of win rate at the moment, but I can assure you that we're looking at every single character and trying to ensure that our older characters meet the strength of the current roster.

Definitely not deleting her!

Regards,

Jim.

Hey Jim,

The ubi team always says that about Valk since when ? Season 4 already ? We hear all the time something is coming for her but despite of that we got an unwanted PK rework and a spam lights machine with the new Roch.

Is it possible to be more clear ?

I mean, is a rework really coming and when ? If the team is working on for a while now you know this, i d'ont even understand why we still don't have the informations as so many people are asking love for her

bananaflow2017
06-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Im sorry for the sarcasm. Im a valk main since day one and its pretty frustrating to see all the characters receiving theire buffs and reworks while valk is still getting nothing.
I am still not able to chain something sensefull after my first light, while cent got this.
Still low heavy dmg. Still very long recoverys. And so on and so on...

Meanwhile there are several characters that are allready performing good or Better and get buffs and reworks like the pk...

Armosias
06-04-2018, 01:03 PM
Actually PK got nerfed through her "rework"

Jazz117Volkov
06-04-2018, 01:26 PM
It's true, the nerf hammer struck true with this one. PK got put in the naughty corner.

In regards to the OP. Mate, what even are you saying? Valk update will get here.

bananaflow2017
06-04-2018, 01:31 PM

We will see that in the future.
We have also seen many people sayin zerker got nerfed through his rework.
But thats not the real topic in this thread...

Siegfried-Z
06-04-2018, 02:23 PM
We will see that in the future.
We have also seen many people sayin zerker got nerfed through his rework.
But thats not the real topic in this thread...

Exactly.. I don't believe she got nerfed.

Less straight DMG but better blees + Stacks + more mix-ups.. sorry i don't call it a nerf. Maybe a balancing but that's all.

I am rep 9 with and this is still the second Char with who i perform the most after Kensei (Main).

I do better with Pk than with Shaman, Zerk or Cent ..

BTTrinity
06-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Exactly.. I don't believe she got nerfed.

Less straight DMG but better blees + Stacks + more mix-ups.. sorry i don't call it a nerf. Maybe a balancing but that's all.

I am rep 9 with and this is still the second Char with who i perform the most after Kensei (Main).

I do better with Pk than with Shaman, Zerk or Cent ..

She was nerfed, in the wrong ways.... Everything that was still a problem on PK before, is still a problem. (very strong option select zone, weak deflect) now she just has to to work a little longer for her kill than before.

Tell me, why should this character get worse mixups, worse CC, AND worse damage than every other assassin in the game? There is 0 reason to use PK over any other assassin at all outside of style points.

HazelrahFirefly
06-04-2018, 03:33 PM
She was nerfed, in the wrong ways.... Everything that was still a problem on PK before, is still a problem. (very strong option select zone, weak deflect) now she just has to to work a little longer for her kill than before.

Tell me, why should this character get worse mixups, worse CC, AND worse damage than every other assassin in the game? There is 0 reason to use PK over any other assassin at all outside of style points.

Very true. I was a PK main (and who knows, may be again someday), but now she feels like the Valk in terms of a win - it's a ton of work you have to do in order to take down 1/3 of a lifebar. It's just not worth playing her anymore, because I can play the Shaman instead. I hope that during this season or in S6 she gets a bit of a buff.

The PK's bleed stack means next to nothing, but I also dont want her to absorb health like the Shaman. I dunno...

Oh, and as for the Valk, she better not be deleted lol. She is my favorite to play and would be my main since I started her except, again, it's a chore to get a win. I can play the Nobushi or HL for range and find victory in a few hits.

BTTrinity
06-04-2018, 04:53 PM
Very true. I was a PK main (and who knows, may be again someday), but now she feels like the Valk in terms of a win - it's a ton of work you have to do in order to take down 1/3 of a lifebar. It's just not worth playing her anymore, because I can play the Shaman instead. I hope that during this season or in S6 she gets a bit of a buff.

The PK's bleed stack means next to nothing, but I also dont want her to absorb health like the Shaman. I dunno...

Oh, and as for the Valk, she better not be deleted lol. She is my favorite to play and would be my main since I started her except, again, it's a chore to get a win. I can play the Nobushi or HL for range and find victory in a few hits.

I play 2 Hybrids (Nobu and Ara) 2 Vanguards (Kensei & Warden) 2 Assassins (Shinobi and PK) so PK was always my backup assassin to get orders done with ever since I got Shinobi to Rep 10 and now.... I just cant play her anymore, I never thought I'd see the day where someone has to work harder than Nobu/Shugo to get a kill... but it happened with PK :( Ill just be doing PvAI whenever I have an order to do with her.

KotoKuraken
06-05-2018, 06:06 PM
Berserker's rework did buff him, because he got unblockables, hyperarmor on everything, and a really quick light from feinting.

PK, I can say for sure, is a straight nerf. They took away her dodge distance, quick recovery, and damage, and the only thing she received was a bug fix that is beaten by a light attack by half the roster. They didn't give her anything with her rework. And no, "stacking bleed" is not something. That's like saying "oh hey, you killed your opponent! But you gotta wait even longer for them to die so they still have a chance to get revenge and kill you, even though you already dealt lethal damage".

Nobushi also got the short end of the shaft and never got retribution for her severe nerf in damage. Valk, well, I haven't heard much of her since her nerf long ago, and she's been needing that for awhile. It's because of examples like Valk and Nobu that makes me believe they're just gonna leave PK nerfed to the ground for Seasons to come. I wanted to learn PK because they promised she would be balanced and fun, but when I tried learning her a week or two before the rework and then receiving the rework, she feels just like Orochi did before his rework, but with less tools to work with.

UbiJurassic
06-05-2018, 07:44 PM
Hey Jim,

The ubi team always says that about Valk since when ? Season 4 already ? We hear all the time something is coming for her but despite of that we got an unwanted PK rework and a spam lights machine with the new Roch.

Is it possible to be more clear ?

I mean, is a rework really coming and when ? If the team is working on for a while now you know this, i d'ont even understand why we still don't have the informations as so many people are asking love for her

Unfortunately, we don't have any details to share at this time. We're well aware of the community's feedback regarding Valkyrie and she's certainly still on the list of original characters due for either a rework or a major balance update. We'll definitely look to let players know if new details are finalized regarding the next set of reworks/ major balance updates.

Siegfried-Z
06-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Unfortunately, we don't have any details to share at this time. We're well aware of the community's feedback regarding Valkyrie and she's certainly still on the list of original characters due for either a rework or a major balance update. We'll definitely look to let players know if new details are finalized regarding the next set of reworks/ major balance updates.

Thanks, waiting for this to main her again :)

DrinkinMyStella
06-06-2018, 12:41 PM
I was a valk main getting her up to rep 10 in S1 but haven't used since because of how **** she is.

ChampionRuby50g
06-06-2018, 01:04 PM
I was a valk main getting her up to rep 10 in S1 but haven't used since because of how **** she is.

Same here, I played her to Rep 17 in Season 2 a year ago, and havent gotten a rep up in her since purely because she just isnt viable.

DrinkinMyStella
06-06-2018, 01:13 PM
Same here, I played her to Rep 17 in Season 2 a year ago, and haven’t gotten a rep up in her since purely because she just isn’t viable.

exactly, why pick someone who loses most fights might as well pick someone who's a noob stomper.

Siegfried-Z
06-06-2018, 01:38 PM
exactly, why pick someone who loses most fights might as well pick someone who's a noob stomper.

That's the point.. My two fav Char always have been Vlak and Kensei and both were so bad.. i am happy now with new kensei but still waiting for Valk to get love too..

Even my own ratios made how she is weak kind of clear (this is KD not KAD) :

Rep 18 Kensei -> 1,86 KD
Rep 12 Shaman -> 1,58 KD
Rep 9 PK -> 1,73 KD
Rep 8 Cent -> 1,36 KD
Rep 7 Zerk -> 1,36 KD

Rep 11 Valk -> 1,27 KD HAHA