PDA

View Full Version : Centurion thumbs down execution

Lord_Cherubi
05-31-2018, 04:01 PM
Why the **** does my character have to do the thumbs up thing? I don't want my glorious Warden to go down like a crying little wimp. Otherwise it's a cool execution but it just looks so silly to me :P

ArmoredChocobo
05-31-2018, 09:33 PM
Itís throwing salt in the wound.

My beef is with how long it is. Itís an effective 5+ second extension on your respawn timer.

Long executions in general, but this one is the longest Iíve seen.

Lord_Cherubi
05-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Itís throwing salt in the wound.

My beef is with how long it is. Itís an effective 5+ second extension on your respawn timer.

Long executions in general, but this one is the longest Iíve seen.

Yeah it is really long. I guess it's as satisfying for them as the cutthroat animation of my nobushi is for me lol

But even in that execution the opponent looks like they've accepted their fate, my Warden looked like he's ready to eat *** for mercy.

Jazz117Volkov
06-01-2018, 05:44 AM
This is an unfortunate trend in a lot of executions. These are the bravest, most skilled, most devoted warriors of their respective factions, but they're frequently retconned as cowards for the sake of a directed moment. And in the cases where they aren't out of character, begging, or simply turning tail and running from a Lawbringer or a Shaman, a lot of the most recent executions typically leave the hero in humiliating position with their butt in the air and blood spurting out their crotch.

And in the case of Centurion's thumbs down, we're just meant to take for granted that the heroes of the other cultures actually have a clue what he's on about. A Raider would welcome death, his or her gods have obviously chosen this moment, they would absolutely beat their chest in the final moment, because this is what it's all about! Samurai are similar in a way, death in battle is noble, they would absolutely embrace it with dignity. Knights are all about that glorious death and immortality through courage, to think they would beg is kind of insulting.

Which is exactly the point. These executions are designed to be insulting to the loser, no matter the fairness of the loss. Put immersion on pause, throw lore out the window, this moment is 100% designed and directed to suck off the person who pressed the button, in usually the most lowbrow manner possible, at the utter expense of the other player and by extension their hero of choice.

It's a shame. This part of the game could be so much more.