PDA

View Full Version : When was the last For Honor official tournament?

B3NNS
05-29-2018, 09:17 PM
Recently returned to the game after a year. Played for 2 mounths during beta and release. Curious to know when the last time Ubisoft has held an offical tournament for the game. Last tournament I heard of was in season 3. Which was months after I stopped playing. Also heard that the player who won did it by exploiting a broken mechanic.

The reason I ask is because I can't find any other info on offical tournaments after season 3. It seems as though ubisoft has stop hosting tournaments for For Honor because of the bad publicity from the tournament in season 3.

TL: DR - Has Ubisoft held any official tournaments since season 3? I can't find news of any. The reason I think they stopped hosting tournaments is because they don't want a repeat of season 3's tournament. It seems as though ubisoft has given up on fixing and tuning the mechanics of the game and accepted that it's always going to have broken and exploitable mechanics.

Not sure how people can defend this game constantly, when it was showcased on their offical tournament that the game is fundamentally broken. They fixed the unlock since then but the game is far from balanced. I think the evidence shows in the lack of offical tournaments since.

Hammelsneid
05-29-2018, 10:10 PM
Tournaments get accounced and advertised on Warrior's Den pretty often, just two or three weeks ago I remember the last time.

But honestly, I don't get the point of your thread anyway. You stayed away from that game for almost a year. You seem to think, that this game can only be good, if Ubisoft calls out official tournaments regularly, and lastly it's seems that you only want to rant about a game you decided to leave few weeks after it's release and I doubt you informed yourself since you left about every small and huge update.. don't know man xD makes me kinda feel funny.

I play since beta, I have tons of fun since then (with or without official tournament), I appreciate the massive effort of the dedicated devs and my opinion is, that the game is far from "fundamentally broken". Of course sometimes something isn't right, but this is not a game, that was developed or patched after my personal taste. It's just matching my taste pretty well.

I know, I know, now you will say with other words that I'm wrong, that my opinion doesn't count because of things and that my taste is obviously bad. But in the end it's me, who bought a game, which brought me almost 1k hours of fun and I think I can live with that :)

Count me as "evidence", that things aren't as bad as you may see them and yes I definitely defend For Honor, because it brought fun for me and my friends for more than a year unftil this day.

Kind regards,
Hammelsneid

B3NNS
05-29-2018, 10:59 PM
The point is pretty clear. There hasn't been an offical ubisoft tournament for For Honor since season 3. My speculation is the reason they no longer hold official tournaments is because of the bad publicity of season 3's tournament. If you don't know what I'm talking about. The last tournament they had the winner won by exploiting a game breaking mechanic. The game is still full of game breaking mechanics that are abused constantly by players. Thats why they haven't had a tournament since season 3.

B3NNS
05-29-2018, 11:05 PM
https://compete.kotaku.com/for-honor-player-wins-official-tournament-10-000-usin-1797819358

This is old news. I've also searched on google. There hasn't been an official tournanent since. You either didn't know what I was talking about or you didnt read what I wrote.

UbiJurassic
05-29-2018, 11:32 PM
We have held 2 tournaments since the Season 3 Reveal tournament that you are referring to.

The first was during the Season 4 Reveal event, which was against Team NRG and UDA. Both teams competed in a round robin tournament with other teams in North America and Europe prior to the event in order to determine the best team for each region.

The second was during the Season 5 Reveal Event, where 4 teams, representing each in-game faction and the Blackstone Legion, were pre-chosen to compete against one another. The winning faction won rewards for the actual members of that faction in-game.

Alustar.
05-30-2018, 11:44 AM
How come no ones talking about the fact that his "tl;Dr" section is longer than the part he's trying to summarize!?

Hammelsneid
05-30-2018, 04:19 PM
How come no ones talking about the fact that his "tl;Dr" section is longer than the part he's trying to summarize!?

xD was my first thought as well, but in the end I decided that I brought up enough points as an answer