PDA

View Full Version : It's time to fix revenge

Tyrjo
05-29-2018, 05:52 PM
Revenge is awesome in 1vs1 encounters. Turtle up. Build revenge. Profit. One of the most annoying things in the four players modes hands down. You are effing someone up, only for your opponent to pop revenge and turn the tide of battle with it. Change this. Zero revenge gain when fighting 1vs1.

Revenge is kind of useful in 1vs2 encounters. Sometimes, it actually does save your hiney.

Revenge is absolutely useless in 1vs3+ encounters.

To me this sounds totally backwards. :nonchalance:

MumfordDaHound
05-29-2018, 07:14 PM
Just back off and let it run out. Just block and CGB. In a true 1v1 it doesn't go off that much. If they just fought someone and they had a half bar already then you start fighting him and he gets it, that's different than 0-100 revenge gain.

Erhanninja
05-29-2018, 07:21 PM
One of the things they need to fix is being jabbed or kicked in revenge maybe even during activation. Revenge is useless against especially Cent. I pop revenge against multiple enemies and instantly knocked to floor coz of Cent jab. So whatís the point? First season I believe we didnít have heroes can knock you down like this so it wasnít an issue.

THE_MAD_KlNG
05-29-2018, 08:02 PM
Revenge is awesome in 1vs1 encounters. Turtle up. Build revenge. Profit. One of the most annoying things in the four players modes hands down. You are effing someone up, only for your opponent to pop revenge and turn the tide of battle with it. Change this. Zero revenge gain when fighting 1vs1.

Revenge is kind of useful in 1vs2 encounters. Sometimes, it actually does save your hiney.

I totally agree with this I hate wining a fight just for some to get revenge and beat me. Its makes me so ****ing mad I lose it. But I dont agree with zero Revenge game. I believe you should gain Revenge just not be able to pop it until you get locked on by a secondary person. That way you still gain revenge so if your a low health and you get teamed you have it ready.

THE_MAD_KlNG
05-29-2018, 08:04 PM
It does for some heros more than others. The more unblockables thrown at you the more revenge is gained. So like all the knights are at a disadvantage.

UbiJurassic
05-29-2018, 08:58 PM

The team is looking into possible changes to Revenge, but there aren't any details to share at this time. If any new changes are finalized, we'll get those up for everyone to read over as soon as possible.

We.the.North
05-30-2018, 12:06 AM
The team is looking into possible changes to Revenge, but there aren't any details to share at this time. If any new changes are finalized, we'll get those up for everyone to read over as soon as possible.

What pisses me off the most about revenge is the knockdown. That knockdown is sometime not avoidable in 2vX situation when your teamate give your opponent revenge just as you are attacking. Then, the knockdown leads to 70+ damage taken before you can stand up depending on your opponent.

70+ damage just for pressing a button. That's ******ed.

Remove the knockdown and MASSIVELY boost the health shield boost and give uninteruptible. Also, once you activate revenge ONCE, frickin ONCE, remove the ability to activate it again until the characters gets out of combat entierly. I'm sick of lawbringer procing revenge in 1v1 and when one of your ally comes, he procs revenge another 2 or 3 times before he dies. It's madness. And remember, 70+ damage if he knocks you down.

That knockdown is stupid. Very stupid. A huge fun killer and completely breaks immersion for "having to suddenly stop attacking because you fear the revenge activation".

Jacques-Le-Coq
05-30-2018, 05:02 AM
Uninterruptible in itself needs to gain immunity from Guardbreak and other movement impairing effects such as Cents Punch, Kick, Shinobi's Kick Etc.

Tyrjo
03-07-2019, 06:30 PM
Finally. Next week.