PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den May 31st

CandleInTheDark
05-29-2018, 04:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kw2MwNcj20

Another week, another Den.

Warrior's Den live is \m/<(-.-)>\m/

We have a Luc, we have a Damien, Pope is late.

Matchmaking update, they asked players to give feedback, right now they are fairly negative, they suspect some of the current negativity is down to the mmr reset, they are not updating this week because they wanted the mmr to stabilise first. Keep sending feedback over the next week.

And Pope is here! Nearly broke the set.

One piece of feedback they like is that someone said to get rid of reputation, the team kind of favours that because the skill is the only really important thing. It is more useful when a player starts but come fifty hours it is less so. The problem tends to be that it is a psychological thing people thinking wtf this guy is 20 reps higher than me. This is why they try to get the reputations close while they put an emphasis on skill, they do like that they are getting this feedback as it is a year and a half in and they hadn't gotten that before this point. Matchmaking is something that they are working on very hard.

Beachhead dominion is the new event playlist.

They did a recap on the rite of champions, Samurai won their order on all platforms, Vikings won theirs on all platforms. No one saw this coming! [/s] ;) Vikings were second on the other two so they get the most out of the event.

The event is over but there is still a chance to get the bundle.

D A T A fact, one third of all the new players from the free weekend and after played Carousel of Death, in average they played nine matches.

Creative contests are near over, there is a lot to choose from. Any last minute entrries, email forhonorcontests@ubisoft.com

The event emote, occasionally they were able to pull the sword out of the stone only in game once purchased, about one in ten.

Content of the week: Battle outfits.

They showed the past, present, future trailer. They are confirming and denying nothing! They put that last bit in exactly for what is happening. Eleven days until Ubi press conference.

They showed something that is very cool, a kid drew a very good splash picture for an event he had an idea for, to pay tribute the art team did an amazing full version of it.

Q&A

Before getting into the questions they showed a teaser of the season 5 winrate for duel, the blog will have pick rate. It comes out next Tuesday.

Before last reworks, conqueror, peacekeeper, kensei were top three, bottom three, gladiator, valkyrie, orochi. Berserker went up to 4th above the shaman in 5th so the reworks definitely had an effect, Highlander from dead bottom by a long way to around middle at 7th, Nobushi is near the bottom to cover the first set of reworks and balance passes. Valkyrie was bottom other than orochi so the bottom not to have been reworked yet.

Soldier of Dawn: Could it be made possible to combine two or more effects on the same execution and emote. They would love it but they can't for performance reasons.

Waynedetta 4k: General idea for the future of making recovery times slower and attacks faster? The itnention with orochi was to make some of his lights more effective, 600ms was too slow, especially against turtles. Orochi lights have been a big topic, some of that is possibly input latency, there is also that some of the lights are guaranteed but the block icon still comes up, this is something that possibly causes confusion and they are looking into what they can do with that.

Takuram: Would it be possible to make extended region on South America be the entire American continent? They try to make sure that the connections make sense in terms of lag, they will look into it.

They don't have a definite answer for Tyrjo's regarding sound discrepancies but will look into it.

Kamen42 regarding if it is possible to spread the castle asset bonus. It isn't a bad idea but they need to be careful to not make the faction war more static as that is not something they want. It is a balance to find so they will suggest it to the team.

Baggin: Parrying a zone counts as a heavy reward, in the future could faster ones count as a light? It does come up sometimes in the workshops with their players. parries are tricky right now as the mroe attacks that give a light reward, the more the difference the damage between the attacker and defender may get, the warden example they would have to get two zones for every one that is parried and this leads more to the defensive meta.

Kryltic: When will we get the ability to apply lower visuals to higher gear? That is possibly my fault, I missed cleaning out that question, as of season 6.

Are they considering a makeup event for event gear past? They are looking into how they can do that, they have ideas, at one point some will come back in specific ways but no word on how and when. They still want the event stuff to be special and exclusive.

We.The.North: Could we tone down AoE direct damage feats, especially when team(s) are breaking? There are some feats that they are looking at, some lower tier feats are pretty dangerous early on like Fiat Lux and may need nerfs sooner rather than later. A lot of the problem is that there are very specific things like all knights want catapult and fiat lux (except fear itself on peacekeeper) all vikings want fire flask, part of this may be making other feats more useful. No ETA on when but there are balance passes to be done.

Could we dial back on hyperarmour and unblockables? Neither orochi or PK got one of these in S6, yes there are different ways of doing things, these are interesting toc ast a little more but it won'#t be like everyone gets an unblockable.

Could we be allowed to vote on maps before match making? Ideally yes but it would affect matchmaking in quite a large way, most people that care enough about it vote between matches. They did look at if people can have parameters for if they join between matches in terms of maps.

Could we remove knockdown on revenge and boost defence? They are looking into a small revenge change in the near future.

Pincopallino097: Is berserker a bit too strong now? Any little nerf coming? They did give a small nerf towards the end of season 5, they think it will wind up with berserker around the middle point.

Gallow-: Do you plan to add embossing and colours pattern to Conq, PK, Cent and Glad helmets? Unfortunately not right now, they have a limited amount of spots.

CandleInTheDark: Could we have an update on where the team are with getting team shuffle and join in end flow working together and how high a priority it is? Right now the team are putting more of a priority on matchmaking. Shuffle is something that is happening in the background but is getting hijacked by other things. It has not been forgotten, just no ETA.

matt89connor: if i can, i want to ask: there will be changes on 4v4 modes and gear stats in the future? i think a dance of death 4v4 1 round only will be amazing. They are looking into 4v4 ideas, they will continue to experiment but obviously no details. They did a rebalance on gearstats recently based on how people were using them, the gearstats overall system is also something they are looking into over the longer term.

Claudius_Katt: In the outfit purchase screen there currently is no way to tell if an outfits colour can be used for defender or attacker until after purchase. Is there any plan to put an icon/symbol on the outfit preview pane so we can know before buying them? It is a good idea, is it possible? Maybe, they have a lot of icons currently, but it isn't a bad idea, it is a new one to them hence the don't know answer.

matt89connor: Will there be future changes on Dominion mode? Like many suggestions from players to add capitains, or some rules changes to reduce the Deathball tattics? They have an investigation on the go regarding dominion balancing and how to make the deathball tactic less efficient in the part of the community that it impacts greatly without breaking dominion for everyone else and that is the tricky thing with it. There is no quick fix but it has not been forgotten about.

PDXGorechild: Q: Are Ubi considering looking at revives any time in the near future? It seems a lot of people these days are feeling that an unlimited number of revives in most game modes is a bit ridiculous and feeds into the deathball meta. Likely they will look at the time of revive and make it less effective midfight, it is something they ar looking into and they added a Soon(tm)

Could they explain the xp boost for the last event? They give an xp boost for each character between rep 1 and 49, they don't know when it comes or if it differs based on which rep level, they don't think so. Update it is one ticket per hero between 1-49

Kryltic: Are there any plans to update to Order system? Ie change what orders are available for both daily and none daily pools: The team are looking at ideas to improve orders but currently it is not high priority.

Knight_Raime: Is there any chance search parameters are being looked at? I regularly match up with the same person in duels despite how much time between matches. They are looking at matchmaking, they think this happens because the player fits well with rep and skill. They don't have a blacklisting system right now which they are looking intoas it feeds into this problem but it isn't a huge priority at the moment.

CandleInTheDark: How does the current state of matchmaking, with reputation as a priority, affect people moving platforms? I have over 900 hours on the xbox, I have moved to the PC having recently gotten one that can play it. Being matched against rep 1-3 players has led to, in duel, some very unbalanced matches and the most common thing I see in chat, playing as a Valkyrie, is 'can't dodge that sweep' which many with my 50 odd reps on xbox rarely find a problem. In theory it should stabilise (and I can confirm I have had tighter matches since writing this), right now they are playing with the balance regarding skill and reputation.

CandleInTheDark: is it possible that you might consider looking at the possibility of character selection before matchmaking? One of the reasons they don't do this is they would need to change the whole system, it is a huge task, it would also affect the fact that currently there is capacity for team composition as players see what is being selected in their team, they are looking at ways of balancing team composition.

They got a lot from the post below (it looks a lot shorter now! lol)

Community corner and wrap

CandleInTheDark
05-29-2018, 04:21 PM
Community questions from the forum

Ngallo22: Can the zone attack have its own dedicated button? Maybe R3?

I do not think many of us feel 100% confident throwing it out, which is an issue because we should feel 100% confident that a button will do its job.

I know the "camera center" is R3 but i do not think many people use it. A button reconfiguration option would be useful with the option to make R3 a zone attack.

Ngallo22: Change the "map vote" to also act as the "ready" button and remove the "ready" button, so selecting a map will also mean the player is ready.

Not enough people choose a map, possibly they don't have the time to choose since they are deploying or changing gear.

Waynedetta4k: 1, Now that Guard Break after Parry isnt a thing anymore. Will there be changes to Guardbreak so it could be more than a counter to dodges. I mean making it more useful/harder to CGB?
2, I heard about the Arena Mode, any new Information about that, I would like to know how it will work, like a winner stands mode? Iam waiting for that a year now!

Brutal DaDo: 1) is there a chance to get tozen’s kick for orochi? 2) after all the reworks for the OG characters is there a chance to get a punch or maybe a knee to the stomach for berserker as an opener ?

Tyrjo: Emote sound discrepancy

One thing that has been confusing me for a long time is the emote sound discrepancy of what you hear yourself opposed to what your opponent hear.

I find it an odd ball design choice that you only hear grunts yourself, but you opponent hear your character actually saying something. Why is this? I would like the devs explain to me why they designed it this way. Can you change it so the player using the emote will hear the actual voice lines instead of the grunts? It's such a shame that you don't hear them, and seems like a waste of good voice content. It would certainly make me more likely to buy more emotes. (hint hint Damien) While you are at it, tune the volume of the emotes across the board, it's too low in my opinion.

Kamen42: Faction War - at the moment, Castles provide bonus only to one territory. What about spreading their effect to surrounding fields? Even if the effect is weaker for them. That way it would be easier to keep your territories and the swings in territory control would not be so big.

Baggin As of right now parrying a zone counts as a heavy reward, in the future could you make it so that certain characters zone attacks like Pk, Orochi and Warden count as a lite so we can get the lite reward for it since they are harder to parry.

We.The.North
Could you deal with pixel bot cheaters, like a permanent realistic mode to remove indicators needed to cheat ?

Ngallow22: Kensei at times does not get the guaranteed light after a pommel strike.

E1seNw0Lf: "Did the fight team ever thought about to let all heros have reflex guard? (means: no hero with permanent auto-guard)"

Like Roman said in one of the earlier streams last year. When someone is starting to learn a material art, the first thing you learn is how to defend yourself (I did Wushu [including weapon training] for several years and a few others too)
- I definitly agree on that. Be forced to actively keep up the guard myself at the very right moment is something I really enjoy in this game. It makes it more interesting to me and I feel it's something essential for this type of game.
I think it could help a bit to engage the turtle mentality on several characters (whereas I dont like the typical assassin guard wiggle thingy) and the lack of some characters having no opener.

mrmistark: When will we introduce more customization? As of now, looks are very minimal changes.

Like others have expressed, zone input is a huge combat hinderence as it doesn’t work properly.

Roseguard_Cpt: Would something like the "HonorGen" idea I posted ( https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...en-quot-Forums ) be a viable idea to help design content and ease some of the stress about armors and cosmetics?
Would this sort of idea actually be able to help out the teams at Ubi?

My idea is add a "HonorGen" section where people can submit their own concept art for armors, execution and ornament ideas etc. We want to participate in the game so let people have their Highlander-Rock videos in CC, but let the players give in game ideas in "HonorGen". In Warframe with TennoGen they take an idea they like, model it up and then sell it with "Designed by PlayerX" or "Inspired by PlayerY". While "HonorGen" as a name might get Ubi in trouble, the concept still stands. We can make up more ideas than you can handle, you just take the ones you like best/are best fitting, takes a few weeks to make it in the engine, then let us buy it up and give more ideas.

xrocketfishx: When are ps4 and xbox players going to receive the emblem outline for testing dedicated servers. Roughly 6 weeks ago you said on the den that the guy responsible was on holiday and once he got back it would be rolled out

SpaceJim12: For now we have a lot execution animations in For Honor for each hero. It's cool. But in middle of a fight you just can't think about which button to press, which need to be hold. So usually I see players use one animation again and again.
So, maybe devs could add function to customization menu, that let us assign one button to random executions from avalible list? It will be cool!
Keep in mind that some players have all executions on their mains characters. So even 4 options now not enough.=)

Kinght_Raime:It's my understanding that attacks were forced into 100ms increments to make time snap work. Now that it's gone are you planning on adding varied ms timings to attacks in the future? (example making an attack 525ms)

- currently if you dodge and then unlock to roll it allows you to escape any attack on reaction even GB attempts in mix ups whilst allowing you to punish the person. Can the devs please make rolls GB vulnerable for the beginning of the animation?

- Currently when you buffer attacks it makes them slower than intended. Are the devs going to fix this?

SpaceJim12
05-30-2018, 09:34 AM
Hello, Candle.
I think you could delete my question, cause we already have Visual Collection.=)

CandleInTheDark
05-30-2018, 03:48 PM
Hello, Candle.
I think you could delete my question, cause we already have Visual Collection.=)

Ah good catch lol, I might need to read these questions. Fixed

UbiJurassic
05-30-2018, 06:58 PM
Hey Candle, I made sure to pass along the questions. Great job compiling them! :D

SpaceJim12
05-31-2018, 03:20 PM
I got one new question, hope it's not too late. Here we are:

For now we have a lot execution animations in For Honor for each hero. It's cool. But in middle of a fight you just can't think about which button to press, which need to be hold. So usually I see players use one animation again and again.
So, maybe devs could add function to customization menu, that let us assign one button to random executions from avalible list? It will be cool!
Keep in mind that some players have all executions on their mains characters. So even 4 options now not enough.=)

CandleInTheDark
05-31-2018, 03:58 PM
I can certainly add it

SpaceJim12
05-31-2018, 04:09 PM
Thank you.=)

CandleInTheDark
05-31-2018, 06:51 PM
One recapped Den, most of the Q&A came from these forums, we2ll worth a look.

Soldier_of_Dawn
05-31-2018, 06:52 PM
Soldier of Dawn: Could it be made possible to combine two or more effects on the same execution and emote. They would love it but they can't for performance reasons.

Thank you for answering my question. I thought performance would be a factor if the answer was going to be no.

Knight_Raime
05-31-2018, 07:41 PM
Oh hey my question got answered! I'm not bothered by it not being a priority. But i'm glad it's something they're looking into.
Thanks Candle <3

Tyrjo
05-31-2018, 08:04 PM
Looking forward to the answer to my question on the next show.

FredEx919
05-31-2018, 08:16 PM
Thanks for sending the questions in everyone! We'll try to get more of these into future shows!

SpaceJim12
06-01-2018, 01:35 PM
I just really don't like the position about Berserker. Are devs even hear themselfs?
"Berserker is hard to beat, but he is not unbeatable"
Well, this is not an answer. I could bring this phrase anywhere with same result.

1. Deathball is a huge problem! "Deathball is deffenetly hard to deal with, but it's not unbeatable". Oh, wait, you already did it for Deathball, sorry.
2. Feat are to strong! "Feats are hard to deal with, but you still could roll away from catapults and bombs, friend!"
etc. etc. etc.

Any community feedback can be broken with this one phrase. So, stop doing that, please.
Berserker are real problem. He got too much, and requires almost nothing. And now it's obviouse. We can't see complaints about Kensei anymore, no threads about Conq rework, but Berserker still there with "Too Strong" tag in every thread I saw. I believe, people will already be ok with new Orochi, but still will ask for Zerc nerf. I could bet on it.

Tyrjo
06-03-2018, 08:09 AM
Looking forward to the answer to my question on the next show.

I want to add this to my question regarding the emote sound, and this is what I was driving at to begin with: Can you change it so the player using the emote will hear the actual voice lines instead of the grunts? It's such a shame that you don't hear them, and seems like a waste of good voice content. It would certainly make me more likely to buy more emotes. (hint hint Damien) While you are at it, tune the volume of the emotes across the board, it's too low in my opinion.