PDA

View Full Version : Much Needed Player vs AI Improvements

Xavyn
05-29-2018, 12:56 AM
I realize the bread and butter of this game is PvP but alot of activity remains on player vs ai and I know often I like to play against AI when practicing moves with a hero or to just grind stress free. With that said, why are we not able to play against lvl 3 bots? Either allow us to choose or match against bots accordingly based on skill lvl. The AI in dominion for example is far to easy to dominate.

Better rewards could be provided for playing against more difficult AI and give players more incentive to hone their skills and grind for better gear. The only potential issue I see is dividing the match making pool based on players choosing different difficulty levels but to solve that they could just have the automatch system match with another tier after not finding a match in a given time, or just make a ranked version that auto matches based on skill.

Another big issue I see is, AI JUST DOESN'T USE REVENGE! Why is this? Has the AI just not been addressed since the release of game? If an AI hero gets revenge is should be programmed to either use it right away for simplicity sake, or be triggered to use it when an incoming attack is coming.

These changes would allow for more challenge but provide more rewards and a sense of progression for PvAI players as well as increasing the effectiveness of bots in PvP matches to lessen the handicap put on the team when a player leaves or disconnects.

zcubed
05-29-2018, 06:00 AM
I'd like to point out that lvl 1 bots don't use revenge. The other lvls do.

Xavyn
05-29-2018, 01:59 PM
I'd like to point out that lvl 1 bots don't use revenge. The other lvls do.

Is there a way to face higher level bots in multiplayer?

DoomSplitter
05-30-2018, 03:18 PM
You can face stronger bots in PvE modes but it requires improving your K/D in PvP for the respective game mode.

Were not fully sure on how the system works but theres been plenty of reported incidents of a player getting lucky in a PvP Duel and then going back to PvE and suddenly all bots are level 3 so they are definitly tied.

I made a thread recently about how flawed this system is as an exclusive PvE player im locked out from facing anything higher than a level 1 bot. The fact that your bots are tied to how well you do against players is competley absurd

Why it cant be determined by how well you do against bots, or just be selectable eispecially when you have matchmaking off is beyond me. All we can do is raise this issue as much as we can in the hopes they can make what I would think is a fairly small change that would go a long way.

DamienCrow
05-31-2018, 01:54 AM
Stated already but agreed, as someone who doesn't enjoy PvP as much the PvE aspect of the game is really lacking. I loved fighting the bosses in the last event for the fact that they were all level 3 bots and gave me a real challenge. I love it on the random occasion I enter into a match and there are level 2 or 3 bots to fight and push me back. I really wish I could do this on a regular basis and find it absurd you'd require us to do PvP to do something in PvE. Why would you not just let us play how we want? If a level 3 would mop the floor with us let us get rolled on by some bots if that's what we want. Why make it overtly easy?

DoomSplitter
05-31-2018, 10:57 AM
I agree DamienCrow, There is satisfaction in beating down easier opponents but thats why my ideal match has a mix of level 3 and level 2 bots. Level 2 bots I can generally beat depending on who they are and what character I am but they will put up a fight they will use revenge and special techniques unique to their character, they are fun to fight and then level 3 bots are there to really put the pressure on.

Level 1 bots are very limited I feel captains can suprise me more than they can. I dont think they have a place in the main PvE mode If they could just remove level 1 bots from the PvE and just have level 2s id be fairly contented but ideally they would give us more control over how we play or have your PvE performance determine who you fight.