PDA

View Full Version : How can you possibly make the game worse every single time.

Archeun
05-27-2018, 10:23 PM
I'm going to list a comprehensive list of complaints. I really don't know why I continue to waste my energy with this game. I truly detest it now. I'm really hoping someone can explain what has happened to it.

1, Parrying: I am parried CONSTANTLY and I can't parry anything. This was never a issue but in the last 2 months, it has become almost never ending. How can people parry lights on a almost constant basis now? Is it something to do with lag? I don't just notice it with 1 or 2 people. I see it CONSTANTLY. I've had matches where I get parried every single attack. I've practiced dozens of hours and I still can't parry players with ease and worse; I can't land blows to hit them.

2. Gankworld: 4v4 is nothing less than this. Most games it's 4v1 or 4v2. Whichever team has the most competent players wins.

3: Parrying from multiple directions: I've seen chars like Kensei who are able to parry MULTIPLE people at once attacking from different directions WITHOUT revenge.

4. Matchmaking: Matchmaking is pure trash. We all know that.

5: Feats: Characters dropping traps all over or bombs being thrown constantly. I know they are going to try to balance these but I'd rather have modes that flat out remove them.

6: Reworks: The reworks are making more and more cancerous characters. The game seems to be light spam now.

7.: Lag bursts: I've noticed players who actually avoid my attacks with what appears to be "disappearing". What I mean by this is the following. I will throw an attack, the opposing player will appear to be hit but seems to "reset" and the hit doesn't go through. It's almost like a lag spike. I have an amazing connection. I run 800+ Mb download and 500+Mb upload. Is lag compensation causing my extremely good connection to be downgraded to match my oppnents? I don't get it. What's the best way to record these fights and where should I send them to be evaluated?

8. 1v1 not viable: 1v1 should be viable in terms of exp and steel gains. Many of us don't want 4v4. We don't want to play gankfests with players whose sole enjoyment in the game is to destroy you with 3 of their buddies. It's not enjoyable and if 1v1 was actually viable for exp/steel gains; I'd never play 4v4 again.

I've been with this game since day 1 but each patch seems to make the game worse and not better. Ubisoft constantly churns out items to buy with Steel but doesn't fix major game-play issues.

I love For Honor. I love the concept. I honestly don't have any idea how the game has seen an increase in population. Do people actually enjoy the gameplay? I don't find the cancerous overall gameplay to be enjoyable at all. I find pulling nose hair to be more enjoyable.

I know the answer. The answer is to uninstall this game and leave. I'm trying to figure out what the issue is though. Is it that I am playing with a controller? Am I just terrible at the game? I don't know. I've played for over a year though and been unhappy with the game since it started but the last couple of months have seen the game become almost unbearably bad.

Is anyone else running into issues like mine?

Charmzzz
05-27-2018, 10:29 PM
1. PC or Console? Wifi or LAN? PC Monitor / Gaming TV or normal TV? Could be also just bad reaction on your side. I cannot parry ALL attacks, but I can parry some, especially if someone throws the same attack again and again (I just parry on prediction then).

2. "Whichever team has the most competent players wins." - Uhm, well, yeah, that's how Multiplayer PVP games WORK actually? I mean, are you serious about this point being a "problem"? Just curious... :confused:

3. When you parry an attack you will parry any other attack that comes within the timeframe of the parry animation. That's in the game since release.

Archeun
05-27-2018, 11:01 PM
1. PC. Gaming Monitor. High end gaming PC with I7 and 1080GTX. 32Gb of Ram. SSD.

2. Let me rephrase because I did a very poor job at explaining what I meant and adding that to the end was pretty dumb LOL. The point I was trying to get across and failed out was this. The team that wins in 4v4 is the team that ganks the best. Competence in 4v4 IS ganking. The mode is built around it. Yes, PVP multiplayer is built around that. If your team doesn't have the same mentality; you will lose. I want modes that don't reward that type of mentality and play-style. Right now, every 4v4 turns into that. 1v1 isn't viable because the steel/exp gains simply aren't worth it. My point is I want modes that don't reward gankfests. I simply don't find the 3v1 or 4v1 fights to be enjoyable or even something I want to be involved in. I'd like modes that actually punish ganking.

3. I thought it was only when revenge is activated. Maybe I'm noticing it more since I'm parried much more frequently these days.

RexXZ347
05-27-2018, 11:44 PM
I agree with the rework. Buffing all characters all to S tier doesn't help. Nerfing all characters to B tier that everyone could react to helps.

RenegadeRasta
05-28-2018, 12:16 AM
Everything you said was spot on. #7 happens like at least three times a week for me though. Parry Gods cannot be defeated. Ganking is the M.O. Matchmaking will continue to be dooky. Knight team + bomb spam = rage quit.

I very much preferred Kensei before his rework. Now he's just annoying to play against. Dudes just side dodge attack everything. They gave him a tad bit too much ****.

Rikuto01.tv
05-28-2018, 01:43 AM
Stopped at the first sentence of number 1.

If you can't do something but everyone else can, then by logical deduction everything is your fault.

CandleInTheDark
05-28-2018, 02:08 AM
1. Not sure how to put this more diplomatically, but that sounds like a learn to play issue or like people are beating you in mindgames and reading. Honestly you have a better rig than I do (mid range gaming laptop in my case), I have worse download speeds than you also, the only thing I have on you is I am assuming your controller isn't wired, I have a gaming mouse which can be wired but is also the only wireless mouse compared with wired...um...mice, guessing I have a little less lag on that score, but I parry a good number of heavies, a few lights, 1vx, 1v1 and try to not be too predictable in how I get Valkyrie to spear sweep or guardbreak if I predict a dodge.

2. So why feed the 1v4? I stand on a zone, if the rest of the players are going 4v3 then my boosting gives two points per second, usually the most they get, if they come for me I fight it out and hope my team grab the other zone or I keep tabs on their icons and run to get to another zone. Easier on bigger maps but people don't seem to get that the way to break a deathball is if at least two on the other team can make them need to deal with the objectives.

3. Yeah as said above that is standard and how you deal with a mindless xv1.

4. Matchmaking...yeah they are working on that and have acknowledged it is a problem and is their top priority along with balance, it is an issue but one they are actively trying new things on.

5. I'd rather games without them but it isn't like only the knights have feats, whether it is arrow storm or firebombs.

6. Ok, so we spend over a year saying three characters in particular are weak, they get worked on, a chunk of the player base tries to shame people who have had less tools for over a year out of playing their characters, GTFO with that (speaking as someone using Valkyrie, by the by, not any of the reworks). And again, honestly it is learn to play, let's go with orochi since they get the current hate, I had someone try the light spam barrage on me, I won 3-1, the one I lost they were one light away from losing, they can be hit out of the storm rush and lights can be dealt with.

7. I can't speak on that, I am fortunate to have and play mostly with 20-30 ping.

8. XP has been buffed a couple times, champion status has been buffed and should be affordable if you're not intent on getting every shiny. I do take issue with hyperbole though, duel activity low to medium, dominion activity high to very high, if by many you are trying to imply most I am going to need convincing. In any case though you are more likely to spend a longer period of time in 4v4 than in a single duel, maybe xp across the board could do with a buff but it is right that duel has less for less time spent.

SpaceJim12
05-29-2018, 10:44 AM
Parrying: I am parried CONSTANTLY and I can't parry anything. This was never a issue but in the last 2 months, it has become almost never ending. How can people parry lights on a almost constant basis now? Is it something to do with lag? I don't just notice it with 1 or 2 people. I see it CONSTANTLY. I've had matches where I get parried every single attack. I've practiced dozens of hours and I still can't parry players with ease and worse; I can't land blows to hit them.

Well, maybe dedicated servers have something here? I should agree, that numbers of light parries increased on PC. But people who could parry everything are really made me confused. I don't think I'm perfect player (maybe not even good), but I could do my hard defence to not let opponent hit me (let's say in situations when you need to wait for a back up). But as any himan I make a mistakes. And this guys who compleatly made NO mistakes make me feel like they are cheating or something.
Btw, I see few people who block my heavy after kick on Shino. It's impossible, cause heavy guaranteed as I know. So this block deffenetly could be block trigger result, maybe lags.

So keep it in mind, that you could meet cheaters or just bad connections

Fairemont
05-29-2018, 04:31 PM
#7 used to happen before servers a lot when fighting against the host, as their connection was obviously better.

Its mostly the game correcting itself.

Pretty sure.

Okita_Soji..
05-29-2018, 06:16 PM
#2.. I don't see the gank issue on Xbox. I came back at season 6 after taking a break when TYM ended and the game is in a pretty good state. I only play dominion and tribute and there isn't a gank squad roaming in those modes on Xbox. Sure I can find a 1v3 I stumble upon and I try to hold them off, get revenge and fight it out. Hopefully my team is gathering the other 2 zones. I don't team up when we are 3v1 or 3v2. I go get zones. I'm at 60% win rate, so it works. I get a lot of 1v1's or 1v2's as I watch the map and go where I need to be. I really like the new map, zone B is huge, but the whole thing could be bigger.

My only issue is knights clearing out minions with bombs as it is too quick. Also the LB impale from behind bothers me. Orochi lights are fast and if there are 2 it's rough but that's only what a lot of players are using now. I've gotten better dealing with it. I have a worst time getting my stamina back fighting a cent as my gear isn't set up for that. Anyway that's my 2 cents....