PDA

View Full Version : Menu Screen Frozen

videogamekingZ
05-27-2018, 05:02 AM
I recently bought the Xbox One version of Toy Soldiers War Chest: Hall of Fame Edition on sale and things seemed to be working fine. I did the tutorial, played a few missions, then closed the game to go do something else. When I came back the next day, I signed into my account and I was stuck on the menu screen. I tried reinstalling the game, deleting DLC, changing the date and time on my console, and nothing has worked. I’ve seen a handful of forum posts from up to 3 years ago saying they’ve had the same issue I have. How has this serious game-breaking bug not been fixed yet? If anyone from Ubisoft is reading this, please fix this bug once and for all!

PetiscoRex
05-27-2018, 02:46 PM
I bought the game yesterday (180526) and was really looking forward to playing it since I enjoyed the games on the 360. I only got to play the tutorial before I experienced the exact same problem. Now I cant get further than the menu screen...

diviinewarrior
05-27-2018, 04:19 PM
I bought the today and the same happend did the tutorial and then the menu froze i have tried uninstalling the game and deleting my save file and still doesn't work needs to be sorted

STI88
05-28-2018, 06:32 PM
Same issue on my console. Support replied that they are already aware of this bug and working on a solution. Let‘s see.

brockdarock7
05-28-2018, 08:11 PM
Cant believe this paid $20 to play a tutorial. Same glitch from 3 years ago and still hasent been fixed! Really! Even tried the offline time change workaround no go. Literally cant even play. Always been a big fan of ubisoft but holy hell is this bad. Need to rectify this situation pronto!!!

diviinewarrior
06-04-2018, 08:05 PM
They have said the same to me that the dev team are aware of the bug just be patient,but they have been aware of this bug since 2015

MattZack
06-09-2018, 01:32 AM
I have the glitch. I spoke with a CSR who told me they are working on it. I asked why it is not in known issues and there was no good response. UBISOFT get it together and fix it or quit selling this garbage. Don't lie to me though, you are not working on it.

TheIzzy1
06-11-2018, 02:17 PM
I had the exact same thing happened to me I played it all day yesterday then I tried to boot up and it won’t boot up for me either. I’m going to contact them hopefully they can help me get it to work.

lucilsd
06-14-2018, 09:54 PM
Same issue on my Xbox One console. Support replied that they alredy lauched an update at 14/05/2018 that allegedly solved this bug, but it didn't. I contacted the support today.

Elite1111111111
06-22-2018, 12:39 AM
Just tried to play the game today and having the same issue. Pretty dang ridiculous that they can have a game that's LITERALLY unplayable.

JiveT
06-22-2018, 11:29 PM
I am having the exact same problem. How can they sell a game that doesn't work at all? Will MS give you a refund?

Elite1111111111
06-23-2018, 01:02 AM
I've owned the game for quite a while, so I definitely wouldn't be eligible. If you bought it recently you should be good to ask Microsoft Support for a refund.

Brainlicker
07-11-2018, 12:53 AM
Same issue on xbox one x. Saw the messages and complaints on line so called xboxlive support. The customer service agent stated they’ve only received two complaints about the same issue (I call BS on that). Had me check my profile and my connection speeds...wtf?? It’s already installed...I already told you’ve I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, removed dlc, moved it all from external to internal storage and went to far as to reset my xbox before installing it again. Worthless.

And to add insult to injury:

Microsoft has to be aware of this issue via system reporting and continues to sell a broken game and ....

Ubi is well aware and has been for years yet still no fix?

Well how about making a bigger issue out of it through social media? If any other merchants out there claim to sell a working product even though they are aware of it being broken there are repercussions.....i guess filing a couple formal complaints with the right agencies can bring a little more attention to two companies that not only should know better but should have resolved it a long time ago instead of continuing to sell a faulty product.

ThePhantomSnake
07-11-2018, 01:00 AM
I have brought it up to a community leader of Ubi, a lead producer of signal studios, and a few other Twitter pages of the companies involved, signal studios are the devs and are always saying Ubi is aware and working in it, they were the publishers... So wtf..

V3ntilator
07-11-2018, 06:01 PM
I bought it yesterday, and the menu is locked here too.

After 3 years of promises, i will ask for a refund. No point in waiting 3 more years for a fix that never will be released.

Does anyone know if PS4 version have the same issue, and it there is known bugs on that version?

H3xx3n75
07-15-2018, 02:15 PM
Bought today and still not working !! How many people still have to waste money before the game comes off the store? :mad:

King Sersh
07-16-2018, 10:00 PM
i purchased this game because it was only 4.50 on the xbox store to my surprise the main menu doesn't work thus hindering the game completely unplayable. I contacted microsft about this and tried to get a refund and they refused to issue my refund because i had a game refunded about 4 months ago

V3ntilator
07-18-2018, 04:57 PM
This seem to be a random problem as the game seem to have worked for other people earlier.

I just got a refund for this game from MS.

ArcaneGrizzly
07-20-2018, 03:16 PM
Bought this a few days ago and doesn't work for me either. I've tried everything to try to make it work nothing has helped.

GlossyMarco
07-25-2018, 11:54 PM
Tengo el mismo problema que todos aquí en el foro llevo dos semanas y no puedo ingresar al juego se queda congelado en el menú

H3xx3n75
07-28-2018, 12:08 PM
.. for two days now, the game started to work ... keeping my bailouts. I hope this communication is useful to someone ...

dethbot21
08-06-2018, 11:12 PM
I FOUND THE FIX go to your save date and delete the saved OPTIONS it somehow blocks all access but as soon as I deleted the OPTIONS saved data the game started to work

IsraelHR
03-04-2019, 10:46 AM
El día 03/03/219 compré Toy soldiers: War chest en las rebajas de Ubisoft en la PS Store.

Arranco el juego, termino el tutorial y el juego se queda congelado en el menú principal.

Entro en foros en la red para encontrar que éste problema lleva sin resolverse desde 2015.

La única solución que me dan es poner a mi consola la fecha del 01/08/2015 y desconectarla de internet. ¿En serio? ¿Es ésto solución?

Por favor, sacad un parche o una actualización que solucione ésto, o dejad de vender el juego. Me parece de sinvergüenzas engañas a los usuarios de ésta forma.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DANNYBOY3600
02-08-2020, 08:15 AM
I've tried numerous ubisoft tickets and they do not want to help or address Signal Studios that their game is broke. They have no problem selling a broken game and collecting money but when it comes to fixing it not so much. The only work around is to set your console as home console, then reset it, then set console date to jan 2015 then reset conole and remain in offline mode. But once you go online then we have to repeat all of these steps. Shame on Ubisoft and Signal Studios.

Funkoguy
03-18-2020, 06:25 AM
I just bought this and I got to play about 2 hours before it started doing the stuck on main menu thing. Why would they never fix this?

yuriprimecnc
03-18-2020, 06:35 PM
Beware you only have 14 days after purchasing the product. I was two days over and they refused me.

yuriprimecnc
03-18-2020, 06:37 PM
Go offline from Internet. (settings -> general -> network settings -> go offline)
Restart console.
Change date to Jan.1.2015. (settings -> system -> time -> date)
Start the game, and load the main menu.
Go back online. (settings -> general -> network settings -> go online)

Now you can once choose something from the main menu, but you can't back-out to the main menu or it freezes again.

Back2Basics1989
05-25-2020, 11:33 PM
I bought and played the game last year. Now on my new XBox One I downloaded my purchased game and only to end frozen on the main menu screen just like all the others. Please fix.

I recently bought the Xbox One version of Toy Soldiers War Chest: Hall of Fame Edition on sale and things seemed to be working fine. I did the tutorial, played a few missions, then closed the game to go do something else. When I came back the next day, I signed into my account and I was stuck on the menu screen. I tried reinstalling the game, deleting DLC, changing the date and time on my console, and nothing has worked. I’ve seen a handful of forum posts from up to 3 years ago saying they’ve had the same issue I have. How has this serious game-breaking bug not been fixed yet? If anyone from Ubisoft is reading this, please fix this bug once and for all!

yuriprimecnc
08-06-2020, 11:27 PM
Just tried to play the game today and having the same issue. Pretty dang ridiculous that they can have a game that's LITERALLY unplayable.

Try it now again. I had mine frozen for over 2 years and today I tried it again since a friend reported to me that his worked... Bam! It works again. So they must have done something to fix it.
So everyone, try your game again. This is on my Xbox One S.