PDA

View Full Version : Has this been becoming more of a thing recently?

CandleInTheDark
05-26-2018, 04:32 PM
I noticed this sporadically before but a little more now (and am more active in duel than I was which may be part of it). So I loaded up duel, I am trying to do that more so I feel I can do better at boosting zones and I wound up with my Valkyrie against an Orochi at River Fort. First spawn point is the multi layered one with the ledges on the top layer. On seeing that I was using bashes and sweeps the Orochi actually positioned himself with his back to a ledge.

So let me get this straight, by the self imposed rules people go by I am now no longer allowed to heavy, sweep or shield bash because it ledges him, or I have to back off my attacks to let him move despite the fact he put himself there.

Screw that noise, after a few lights to give him chance to parry or roll which is more chance than I should have given him I swept him over the ledge. This evidently triggered him because he sent Thanks! through the chat and from there he went into doing nothing but trying to overwhelm me with lights and lost 3-1 before he quit before the results screen.

So is this actually a thing now, positioning yourself by a ledge with the thought it limits what your opponent can do if they follow the 'Honour rules'? I don't really go by honour, the one thing I do try is not to go right for ledging people the moment there is a ledge and this only because people have pulled me away from ledges with guardbreak or not taken advantage of ledges I didn't know were there once (ironically the same ledge in question here) but if this is a thing I will be taking any opportunity.

Knight_Raime
05-26-2018, 05:17 PM
That's toxic as fudge wow.
The most that happens for me in duel is i'll be playing a hero that's not enjoyed and anytime I kill them they spam thanks but when they kill me they emote repeatedly on my body saying "good fight."

Vakris_One
05-26-2018, 05:37 PM
I think you just ran into a toxic player. The unwritten rule of "pro" duelists is that you shouldn't go out of your way to try and ledge your opponent but if it happens by accident it happens. These duelists tend to be aware of their surroundings and look to avoid getting close to a ledge as well as breifly let their opponent come away from a ledge if they've got their back to one.

But if the guy refuses to get himself away from the ledge then chances are he is either looking to ledge you or he's being a bit dumb. If a ledging happens by accident in the course of the fight most mature players just shrug it off.

UbiJurassic
05-26-2018, 07:44 PM
Every player has their own definition of what's fair. It might seem cheap and cheesy to orient an entire playstyle to win around ledging, but that doesn't seem like what was happening and it sounds you gave him able opportunity to be aware of his surroundings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCcqp4HKt1A