PDA

View Full Version : Tracking at its finest

D3dicatedSrv3rz
05-26-2018, 01:50 PM
https://vimeo.com/271996312

So is this working as intended or is it one of the hopefully many items on your list to fix

Vakris_One
05-26-2018, 03:33 PM
Working as intended. The PK rolled away for no reason giving the Highlander a free pass to react to that with his forward lunge from Celtic Curse followed by a chain top heavy that's a guarranteed hit on an opponent that has their back to him.

Nothing absurd about it. It's the Highlander's chase tool and the PK got caught by it because she made a poor decision.

TuSkiLLd
05-26-2018, 03:45 PM
That was pretty absurd, the way he just slid across the floor. I know you like the game and all but come on.

The_B0G_
05-26-2018, 03:50 PM
Thats not something exclusive to highlander though, its a lag issue. It happens relatively often, I see it at least once in every 5-10 games.

Vakris_One
05-26-2018, 03:51 PM
That was pretty absurd, the way he just slid across the floor. I know you like the game and all but come on.
Any character with a forward lunge attack would have caught that PK. Let's not make up excuses for poor decision making during a fight.

TuSkiLLd
05-26-2018, 04:05 PM
Okay I understand the forward lunge, and also agree that the lag is an issue. But donít say itís normal

D3dicatedSrv3rz
05-26-2018, 04:44 PM
Working as intended. The PK rolled away for no reason giving the Highlander a free pass to react to that with his forward lunge from Celtic Curse followed by a chain top heavy that's a guarranteed hit on an opponent that has their back to him.

Nothing absurd about it. It's the Highlander's chase tool and the PK got caught by it because she made a poor decision.

So you're saying without any sarcasm that a hero rollerskating that distance to connect an attack is normal???
Nope, i just can't take you seriously. I have mentioned before to you that i main PK and i know what a lounge is. That was no lounge. That was some bugged tracking akin to Centurion changing direction mid jump off a pouncing heavy from a few seasons ago

Lord_Cherubi
05-26-2018, 04:47 PM
https://vimeo.com/271996312

So is this working as intended or is it one of the hopefully many items on your list to fix

Holy crap that's disgusting!

Vakris_One
05-26-2018, 05:03 PM
So you're saying without any sarcasm that a hero rollerskating that distance to connect an attack is normal???
Nope, i just can't take you seriously. I have mentioned before to you that i main PK and i know what a lounge is. That was no lounge. That was some bugged tracking akin to Centurion changing direction mid jump off a pouncing heavy from a few seasons ago
The distance he travelled was the normal distance that a character using a lunge attack travels. I'm sorry if you feel that's not a fact but it just is.

Here's a list of characters with forward lunge attacks that would also have caught your PK:
- Kensei
- PK
- Orochi
- Shaman
- Warlord
- Aramusha
- Gladiator
- Valkyrie
- Centurion
- Beserker
- Raider
- Nobushi (maybe)

The Highlander did not spontaneously change direction. You rolled back in a straight line, he lunged at you in a straight line. If you're saying you find his rollerskating slide jarring then that is a matter of the animation being janky and not the move being mechanically broken. What you could say is that you would prefer the Highlander had a jumping animation instead of sliding across the floor. The distance and reach however is within the intended framework of a lunge attack.

Vakris_One
05-26-2018, 05:16 PM
Okay I understand the forward lunge, and also agree that the lag is an issue. But donít say itís normal
It's a normal mechanic for a lunge attack to catch an opponent who has rolled away prematurely. That's the sole purpose of lunge attacks. They are a chasing tool.

Whether the HL's sliding animation looks silly is a matter of aesthetics not of broken mechanics.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
05-26-2018, 05:45 PM
The distance he travelled was the normal distance that a character using a lunge attack travels. I'm sorry if you feel that's not a fact but it just is.

Here's a list of characters with forward lunge attacks that would also have caught your PK:
- Kensei
- PK
- Orochi
- Shaman
- Warlord
- Aramusha
- Gladiator
- Valkyrie
- Centurion
- Beserker
- Raider
- Nobushi (maybe)

The Highlander did not spontaneously change direction. You rolled back in a straight line, he lunged at you in a straight line. If you're saying you find his rollerskating slide jarring then that is a matter of the animation being janky and not the move being mechanically broken. What you could say is that you would prefer the Highlander had a jumping animation instead of sliding across the floor. The distance and reach however is within the intended framework of a lunge attack.

What makes you so sure that it is a lunge attack. Kensei, Pk, Orochi, Shaman, Warlord, Aramusha, Gladiator, Valk, Cent., Berserker, and Raider have lunges where either they pounces after their opponent or charge their opponent. With all these lunges the movement forward for each hero stops on contact in either case the footwork is consistent. My argument is that seeing as how the 'advance' forward stops for HL as the blade is raised there should definitely not be any movement forward as the blade is dropped. either they messed up the animation or they messed up the tracking.

The_B0G_
05-26-2018, 06:33 PM
What makes you so sure that it is a lunge attack. Kensei, Pk, Orochi, Shaman, Warlord, Aramusha, Gladiator, Valk, Cent., Berserker, and Raider have lunges where either they pounces after their opponent or charge their opponent. With all these lunges the movement forward for each hero stops on contact in either case the footwork is consistent. My argument is that seeing as how the 'advance' forward stops for HL as the blade is raised there should definitely not be any movement forward as the blade is dropped. either they messed up the animation or they messed up the tracking.

Looks like the dodge forward top heavy attack to me for HL, otherwise he wouldn't have moved at all. Thats his lunge attack. The reason it looks so weird is because of the lag, I bet if we seen this same thing from the other players point of view it would look normal.

The PK was nearly out of range, but not quite, and the HL slid across the ground because the animation was compensating for the lag.

I have a rep 18 HL and one thing I love seeing, is people trying to run away with low health, it's an easy win. HL has really good range when chasing.

He has pretty slow attacks, besides his kick/toss mixup, your best chance is to stand your ground and pick off a parry, or wait for the kick and throw out a fast light or a dodge attack if you have an assassin.

HazelrahFirefly
05-26-2018, 08:44 PM
Vakris and B05 are completely right. Rep 13 HL, and that was the Celtic Curse attack designed in part to catch rolling away. It's normal, intended, and expected from a quick thinking HL.

You dont have to like it, and I myself wish there was zero tracking in FH and every game, but it IS correct for this game.

Frostynuggman84
05-26-2018, 08:54 PM
Cents unlockable is wayyyyyyy worse than that.