PDA

View Full Version : should I or should I?

andrew.d.suter
12-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Anyone ever do the same?

scenario - You walking along, either in a crowd or on your own, position in game is unimportant but you have at least one purseuer after you while you stalk your prey.

Anyway, walking along you see a lonely figure walking towards you. Nothing wrong so far. But then the figures makes a move that doesnt seem totally right. eg a slight step out of line etc

Do you immediately supsect that it might be your pursuer? what do you do?

My reaction split 50/50. Half the time i stay in crowd but try and give as wide a berth as possible to allow at least achance or running for it, and half the time i just hot tail it out of there like a startled Gazzelle!

andrew.d.suter
12-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Anyone ever do the same?

scenario - You walking along, either in a crowd or on your own, position in game is unimportant but you have at least one purseuer after you while you stalk your prey.

Anyway, walking along you see a lonely figure walking towards you. Nothing wrong so far. But then the figures makes a move that doesnt seem totally right. eg a slight step out of line etc

Do you immediately supsect that it might be your pursuer? what do you do?

My reaction split 50/50. Half the time i stay in crowd but try and give as wide a berth as possible to allow at least achance or running for it, and half the time i just hot tail it out of there like a startled Gazzelle!

MrJLBoyyy
12-13-2010, 07:51 AM
Try to listen to the whispering. And honestly, its ALWAYS the pursuer to me because I know who my pursuer (or at least threat) is 99% of the time because they make it so obvious... but I'm just really paranoid I guess

DefiantDiety
12-13-2010, 08:01 AM
There are plenty of ways to spot "Incognito" pursuers.
The easiest way is simply to go somewhere out of the way, or towards a side of the walkway. Experience has showed me that this will draw a pursuer out more that most things, since they will try to mirror your moves. They need to get in close to Assassinate you, check their walk speed and their direction and it should become apparent. The same works if you think your pursuer is about to cross your path, just walk to the side so that they show themselves then react with a Smoke Bomb, run the other way, or climb up something. Beware the pursuers you intentionally bump into crowds and attempt to trick you into thinking that their A.I. and move seemingly randomly in an attempt to "re-align" themselves.

If their lone, see if they walk quicker than any other A.I. that you see around them. If they look like they're moving TO YOU and at a quick pace, just turn your character around, Lock-On, and fast walk behind a corner and see if the lock is following. At that point you can run for it since he doesn't have sight of you anyway so he can't leaping kill you, or you could go for something a little more sneaky like a lure with morph or a smoke bomb when he gets close. Even Decoy or Disguise can work.

The game is all about perception and map awareness, those are the two core fundamentals of the game. The quicker you learn them, the more fun this game will be since it teaches you to not be paranoid but be patient.

FANIS1993
12-13-2010, 08:03 AM
ok, that happened to me a lot of times, in a crowd no, but walking alone yes. and when i did see a strange character walking towards to me i was throwing smoke bombs and most of the times (about 80%) yes it was my pursuer.

MilsurpShooter
12-13-2010, 08:38 AM
It's why i try to stick primarily to the mobile groups. Gives me time to put my head on a swivel so to speak. That and for some reason it seems it's hard for people to imitate the NPC maneuvers while walking.

For instance. Few nights back was playing as the doctor against the thieves. Walking in a blended group, 2 other doctors beside myself. Notice a thief stand up from a bench we recently passed. OK could be an NPC. Now as I'm watching I notice she's fast walking and coming up directly on my group and fast. Fast walked past my group into the one ahead. Nearly lost her in the crowd until I saw her break out for the bench up ahead to sit and wait. Gave the player credit, very patient but a little too deliberate with movement and too rushed.

Moved my way to the outside left as we came up on the bench, stunned after she hit the wrong Doctor. I blame it on the time limit honestly. Makes people rush a bit and have to remain stealthy even while moving and tracking quickly. Makes it tough yes but sometimes I just wish I could blend into a group and go hunting lol.

Love to see a point based game mode. No timer, instead team who get's the most points with the fewest kills wins, set point limit that would end the game.

At the same time don't go by my opinion too much. I'm the type that will blend into a crowd while hunting and move with it the entire map to get one or maybe even two kills if I'm lucky lol.

tallinn1960
12-13-2010, 09:31 AM
It turned out that I am better in spotting my pursuers then spotting my prey. All has been said already upon how to detect them but in my experience spotting pursuers is of much lower value then catching prey. Easy to understand as stunning a pursuer is 200 points only and the best you can get from them - for the price of a smoke bomb. People that don't bother to be killed but focus on finding and killing their contract perform better point-wise. With "bad" luck they are rewarded with a loss-strike. Being a cautios guy so far I learned that I have to change my attitude to be more agressive.

luth411
12-13-2010, 09:53 AM
I always listen for the audio cue in game. When I hear a pursuer nearby, any persona that sets off my instincts will cause me to flee. It's pretty surprising how often I'm right. Sometimes the player literally didn't do anything out of the ordinary I could just...tell.

Sometimes I'll misread a situation and it won't be the right persona. However, the audio cue makes it pretty easy to know when you should or shouldn't be paranoid.